Just so you all know: "It's alive!!!" (famous Mel Brooks)

Discussion in 'PostModerna' started by Flapman, May 11, 2011.

1. Hi there,

I just wanted to check in. I have not been on the forums in awhile but came on to take a look at some of the posts. I greatly appreciate the EP Family's kindness in posting feeds from our blog. Thanks for that Lykke and Peter!

I have found many of the comments about the project very informative. Thanks for all of them--the good and the bad. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. :)

I thought I would let you all know that yes, this project is still proceeding. Yes, volunteers come and go but I have indeed learned a lot from the process. It has always been my primary intent to build a small demo to pitch to potential investors. From there we either keep after Mindark to become a Partner Planet or go fully independent. The latter was an appealing option because there are so many aspects of the project that may not be possible in Entropia. However, I do play still on Calypso and have to say I am very impressed with the advancements and improvements that have been made. I have not been able to visit any of the other planets (sorry ND) but that has been because of limited time and that I pretty much have fun on Calypso right now when I can play. Needless to say, I would not rule becoming a Partner Planet at some point. There just are a lot of factors to consider.

There was a comment made earlier about my being a "sales guy" and not having what it takes to do this. Yes, I am a sales and marketing guy. That is my "job" but I am a creative type and have always had a knack for making things happen just because I have set my mind to do so. That is something I am pretty proud of. So don't give up on me yet. :D

I also want to say that a lot has been done by a myriad of volunteers of which I could not have done many things without their help. They contributed unselfishly and shared much of their experience and talent. I have learned much from them and they mean a lot to me for it. On top of that, I have learned a lot in general just by working on this project. Like I said in a previous post, I would not have been able to tell you what a "normal" or a "diffuse" map was 3 years ago.

There are also other factors on the personal side that have made the last 2-3 years difficult for me (another reason why I did things through sponsorships and volunteers) and those challenges will continue for next 2-5 years. I am not going to go into detail but, needless to say, I am not letting those things keep me from plugging along.

So, if there is anything you and do as a community is continue to pray for me and this project and cheer it along. I am not going to give up. :) You can also follow us on Facebook since I post alot there as well as on the blog. I will try to check in here more often.

Cheers

A

2. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

I'm on the team as well :)
    Thank you, Alan, for giving me this unique opportunity!

3. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Well Alex, it is not going fast, but it is still going and that is a good thing. I hope you will be able to make that demo and eventually become a planet partner.
    I'm not really a computer programmer or anything, but if you need a AutoCAD (2D) or REVIT (3D) person let me know OK.

4. Hi Razer,

Neither am I but see what can be accomplished with a will to learn. :D

Thanks for the kind offer. It means a ton. I will let you know if I can think of anything. Always looking for 3D rendering of concept art. A starting model or mesh is always a good place to begin.

I hope all is well with you.

A

5. And, I appreciate all your help to!

A :D

6. jim_T

jim_T Disturbed veteran

Been watching some of the vids you guys been putting up like, the day & night cycle ones, looks promising! Best of luck with this project!

7. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Well Flapman I will not be able to do any mobs or trees or weapons. I have a background in architecture so buildings I can do, both in 2D and 3D.

Send using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.