Know Issues - New Forum

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by Lykke TheNun, May 16, 2011.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I can try and see if I can figure out which setting it is :) Might not have time to do it right away, though.

And yeah. When I first heard about XenForo I was already looking for an alternative to vB. IB (the company who bought out vB) drove vB into the ground, starting with demanding customers to pay up in advance to qualify for a discount, and then consistently failing to deliver.

From the short time I have been dealing with the XenForo team, I have gained a lot of confidence in their ability to not only code innovative and intuitive features that actually add value to the forum owners, rather than just themselves, their dedication to their product, and overall just a pleasant experience. Then again, vB3.8, arguably one of the best produced forum platforms ever was built by these same guys...

2. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

I experience issues with conversations, cant read them, cant send new one. Always get server error.
    I tried firefox and IE

3. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

and when i tried to post a second entry about the dissapeared first one it didnt react anymore

4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

That's a new one. I've reported it :)

5. Amber Knightley

Amber Knightley I see dead people.

I see you have added custom profile info, like ava name and soc, nice, missed it if you mentioned it in the forum update..
    Anyway when I filled it in I got this message "The field 'custom_fields[avatar_name]' was not recognised." and a similar one for the soc field.
    Also still for the edit page of this info with the ROCKtropia theme the text indicating what each text box is for is in the same colour as the background colour so I have to highlight it to find the right boxes...

6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Hi Amber,

The error about the custom fields is apparently a known error. It'll hopefully be handled with the next beta version of 1.1, expected iun the very near future.

As for the styling issue, I'll see if I can handle that for you :)

7. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

This should be fixed now.

8. Amber Knightley

Is the message count still updating, :S
    hmm, it might be, this one just increased my msg count :D

9. Tass

Tass Administrator

Can't login with IE9 anymore since ~1 hour ago. New instance of the browser and cleared cache, cookies, etc. doesn't help.

Everything works just fine with FF7.

10. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Ie has been a pain to me for weeks. I cannot seem to change my styles with it. FF works like a charm though, except when I have firebug enabled (and view an XF site).

11. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

yep! conversations are working :)

12. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, and I appologize if it has, but I notice that when I go into a thread I have to re-enter my login info to post and even when I am logged in it still says that I need to log in! lol :what: I am using IE9 as well.. Not a fan of FF .. :cautious::biggrin:

13. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I have not experienced that, no. I just spent a bit of time using IE9, but cannot seem to reproduce the error. I posted, replied, and edited, but never had to log in again.

Did you check the "remember me" box? (I did test with and without that).

14. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Hi, ty for the reply.. Yep I checked it.. It hasn't produced the same error again since. Might have been a connection issue on my side. It was very wierd cause no matter what I did, it just didn't want me to post without a fight! :wink (2): If it happens again I will post a screenshot.

Ty again for your reply. :biggrin::alien:

15. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

This should now be fixed.

16. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Also fixed :)

17. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Totally forgot to provide feedback, but this was addressed. With the introduction of 1.1, we now have those fields available again.

18. Amber Knightley

The "filter achievemnets" button is fucked up, when you hover over it, it jumps down and it is super hard to click it.
    Impossible to click it in FF, works in Chrome.

Btw, just change that the text doesn't get bigger when you hover over buttons... (imo it just looks stupid when the buttons grow bigger ;) )

19. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Reminds me of a game where you had to click a button but button would move whenever cursor went near it. Funny watching work colleagues trying to play the game :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  20. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I'm guessing it was due to the line overflowing due to the highlighting. I edited the test to state "Unachieved" instead of "Not-achieved" (Something I planned on doing for some time but it always ended up evading my attention).

See if that helps?

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.