Let me introduce you to Akbars artwork !

Discussion in 'Project Entropia - The Movie' started by McCormick, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Puck

Puck Puck

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

3. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

Hey Macca, you guys still working on the EU movie idea?

4. Yes sir !

5. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

Sick! Cant wait to see it.....any new news on it you can share?

6. Only the blog links in my sig...and that I just purchased a green screen...to fail dramatically...:thumbsup:

7. A movie on entropia? Sounds like a good idea. I'm three-quarters of the way through a novel based on the game and have always wondered if I would need MA's permission to even approach a publisher...

8. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Years ago when I was still working on my book, which has changed since then, I actually asked Marco if there was anything I needed to know about writing about EU and publishing.

What he said was rather simple (paraphrasing) ... it's your book, you write what you want, as long as it doesn't slander the company or developers and put them in a bad light ... something like that.

Things could be different, I don't know, so it might not hurt to be more informed. I can't see where there would be an issue with it though.

I would do research on writing and publishing from a legal perspective before even asking MA this time, and be informed and prepared when you ask your questions. It's like a good attorney always knowing the answer to the questions before asking.

Maybe I'm making too much of this, maybe I'm not, but it's always better to be on the safe side, especially when you put a lot of work into something.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Yup.

I tried to get in contact wir Marco Berhmann several times...no answers at all.
    (Even before the time he got kicked out of MA/SEE)

I tried to get in contact with Mr. David Simmonds several times...no answers at all.

It seems only the ex-employees are ready to make conversations these days, except for Marco.

I was even discussing with Dr. Uwe Boll about The Entropia movie project. xD

Im not going to purchase any rights. Im not going to get any answers either.

It is beeing worked on. No matter what MA says. It might be finished one day or not.

We will SEE. :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Interesting what Marco said to ms9. Good to know. Of course it means nothing but encouraging at least that that was once the attitude at least.

I've sometimes wondered about making some small game based on Entropia. A bit like those games we used to have like War over Calypso or Slap Marco. I'm guessing as long as one didn't "charge" so to speak they wouldn't mind maybe...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Oh and the video looks ace biscuits! :D Really really cool. Looking forward to a proper watch when I get home!

Wistrel

12. Not lol, but I just found all of these files on an old USB device and there might be more....

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Interesting. Did you make any inroads at all on making a small game based on Entropia or did it get side-lined? Not long ago I discovered the Unity cross-platform game engine and even signed-up to their forum, but soon realised that even a small game would need a whole team of ppl...

14. @ Wistrel. Interesting. Did you make any inroads at all on making a small game based on Entropia or did it get side-lined? Not long ago I discovered the Unity cross-platform game engine and even signed-up to their forum, but soon realised that even a small game would need a whole team of ppl...

Sorry to all for double-post only the first one quoting Wistrel needed moderator approval so thought there was a browser glitch, so then I made the second post (this one) and that needed moderator approval as well, but it seems they've now both been approved.:confused1:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  15. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

That's not accurate. It's perfectly possible to create a game by yourself in Unity (or any engine, for that matter. Unity just was what most Indie developers chose to use historically, due to their pricing model). The guy who developed Flappy Bird did so by himself. Mik Bithel who developed Thomas Was Alone did that by himself (I think).

Granted, typically someone who is good at coding, might not be a good graphics artist. The Unity Asset Store luckily offers ways out, in that you simply can buy assets and rather than spending time on creating your own, you can make do and instead focus on adding your own specific game logic/mechanisms.

16. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

haha I was going to cite Mike Bithal but you beat me to it :D Yeh Thomas was Alone was a one man effort. He hired a voice actor for the narrative though. Not sure about sound/music? He did another game called Volume too but dunno what that was about but presume it was also Unity. I never played it.

As for me. No I never made any small mini Entropia games. That said... I did watch a few short vids on RenPy the other day which were interesting... and that got me wondering about the possibility of an Entropia Visual Novel style game. Certainly "code wise" it doesn't look too hard at all. The main thing required would be time, drawing ability and maybe musical ability (or could maybe ask NoBION nicely if you could use his stuff). I think if you were capable of the art side for character drawing, then doing something using in game screen shots as backgrounds (taking the same location at different times of day on the day night cycles) would work nicely. So then it "just" comes down to the story you want to tell. Even on the art side... there are AI websites now that can generate anime style characters for you. There might even be websites that are effectively tools for coming up with such characters in a more consistent way... thinking a sort of "dress up doll" but digital. i.e. maybe something where you can pick the outfit and head/face characteristics and then maybe it allows you to swap in different facial expressions. Don't know if such a thing exists but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

This said, I understand that VN's can really spiral out of control and have known a few projects that really struggled to deliver due to underestimates of how much work was actually involved (Megatokyo, Exogenesis). That said... I've played some super short ones, in effect more of a single scene/short story (Juniper's Knot) that were perfectly valid art forms in my book. So a project doesn't have to be massive to have value. Case in point I've never written what I'd consider a "complete" Entropia Fan Fic. Just a few isolated scenes really. Better than nothing in my book.

Wist

17. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Mike is a super chill dude. I shot the shit with him a few years ago in Malmo where he was a guest speaker for Unity at Nordic Games. He is super friendly, surprisingly humble, and overall just seems like a good dude.

He recently made a game for the John Wick series.

18. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Oh nice. I've lost track of him ever since Game City ceased to run so no idea what he's been up to but I presumed he'd continue making games. He seemed to like it.

19. Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.