Light Switch?

Discussion in 'Entropia Community' started by narfi, Apr 15, 2017.

Which do you use?

1. Google

2. Alexa

3. Siri

4. Bixby

5. Switch on the wall

6. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. narfi

narfi Lost

Which do you use?

2. I use Results are only viewable after voting or Cast your vote...I think...couldnt click those.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. narfi

narfi Lost

Sorry I don't follow?

4. Untitled-2.jpg
    ;D -_-

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

An interesting question. Perhaps one to come back to every 5 years and see who results change. My friend has set up zigby based lights and whatnot at his home. It is pretty cool. One interesting thing he had which I'd not seen before was a batteryless switch which sat on his table. Apparenly when you pick it up it uses kinetic energy to muster enough power to send a signal out to control things. You use it to select a few pre configured light settings he has made ready. He also has PIR sensors round the place and these do different things depending on time of day/year which again is really rather awesome. I asked him how long he spent getting it "just so" and he said yeh a lot! Still once, you have it totally groovy all would be fine.

Wistrel

6. narfi

narfi Lost

I have fun with that stuff and have a lot of zigbee switches and dimmers controlled by a smartthings hub. I also have a harmony hub which is also connected and can send out any IR signals, but i haven't had time to play with it much beyond turning the tv off/on. Also have a few zigbee power switches that I have used for monitoring power consumption from different appliances around the house.

All of this can be run from the smartthings app on our phones, but can also be controlled via 3 alexa echo dots we have around the house which we have become pretty reliant on. (two of them paired with bose speakers)

The new google assistant can access all of this with voice now as well, so most of my control is either done through my phone or the dots around the house.

I love playing with this stuff and want to get more toys, but dont have the time to really 'play' with them as much as I would like.

7. narfi

narfi Lost

for McC

upload_2017-5-2_17-7-15.png

8. dalewj

dalewj StoryTeller/Nerd/Gamer

For McC: Wood and match

9. San

San

I use Switch on the wall remote controlled by flying slipper. The result is three-state: hit on first, hit on second, DAMN. I didn't know if it counts under Switch... so I chose Other.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yeh tell me about it. I don't have anything like a smart phone but stuff that is fun to learn about... got so much to be going on with and don't have enough time at home to get the most out of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.