Entropia Universe: Lots of Big Reported Virtual Goods Sales, But Few Evident Users (Far as I Can Tell)

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe in the Press' started by NotAdmin, Apr 9, 2012.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2012/04/entropia-universe-has-few-users.html#more

Hat tip: ArtemNaumova on PlanetCalypsoForum for pointing this one out.

2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Isn't SL WAYYYYY more inherantly linked to web stuff though? ie users have scripts in game that can interface to SL servers. Then there are the web links that take you straight to certain places in the game etc.

In EU we only go to the start page of whatever planet we are located on once per login to the game. Very little need for us to ever visit Entropiauniverse.com.

I can't help feeling this guy, while its commendable to try and find out stats in the face of no info, is doing the equivalent of using cubits to measure volume ;)

Wistrel

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Update: Just looked at the site. This guy is a second life user... so obviously we can expect an impartial view point. ,-)

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Amazing...

5. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I thought that was actually a fair comment. Yes, we have societies, but the society terminal offers extremely little interaction, and really, it is only used to create a shared chat.

There could be so much more awesome stuff done with societies, and the whole society system. Take for instance the settings where a society can show its relation to other societies. Currently, we can choose between Friendly, Neutral and Hostile.

The difference in-game once a setting changed? Absolutely none. Why not show members of hostile societies as enemies on the radar? Why not make it possible to have rivaling societies battle one another anywhere (with the possible exception of trace centers and what not).

The setting itself is totally and completely useless at this moment.

Why not make it possible for society mates to easily come to one another's aid somehow? Like a "Tp to friend" setting? Why not allow for shared use of specific resources by means of a society inventory? (I am aware there are implications due to the RCE character, but come on. Anything dropped in there is like dropping something on the ground, with the warnings given).

Why not add additional functionality to the rankings used in societies? Currently there's absolutely no meaning to it. Add the ability for the different ranks to perform different tasks within the society (which would obviously require such tasks to be created in advance).

Why not offer society leaders with better reporting functionality? Let them see when an avatar was last online. Allow them the ability to send out a mass message to society members directly from within the game.

There are dozens of possibilities, that would easily add a whole new level of depth to the platform. And it's in MindArk's best interest to have such systems available, as without a group of friends or a society to interact with, I guess a lot of people who are around now would have left a long time ago. The people were my main reason for staying in the past.

Adding additional abilities to easily interact with one another adds to the MMO immersion experience, and might just make the difference between "fuck this I am out of here" and "well, I'll stick around a little longer because I enjoy hanging out with these guys".

• Like Like x 1
  6. The first good indication of how many users we have is that Kim said that the CLDs are owned by several thousand (I think he said 3000?) players. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual, "active" player base is in the 20,000-30,000 range.

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Interesting... only 3k invested...

Somehow I imagined more but hey ho..

As regards the comment and post above. I agree the society system has a LOT to be desired but I don't think that means there is no community. I think if anything the community is MORE impressive BECAUSE there is very little in terms of community tools to aid in one existing.

I guess it may spread from 3k more once the housing thing happens.

8. We have the WoF for example.
    Also, i came up with an idea months ago that would let society founder set (customize) ranks of his society. (we could imagine allowing customized powers-features for each rank)
    This would lead to an increased roleplay.

We're actually roleplaying with the tools provided by MA, and that's why our gameplay tends to be very similar to a shoot-them-up, for a lot of people. A little more options would bring 10 times the addictive potential of EU.

I vote for more options in the society system, both within the society and outside its barriers. (countless possibilities of interactions if MA let us use our imagination to shape our societies and relations btw societies that customization would bring, and not only defined options to choose)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.