Low budget 3D-printing again ...

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Jamira, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Okay, I had to learn that the world isn't that easy I would like to have it.
    • A blog for free is completely useless for me. At least not usable for me.
    • It took more than a week to send my printer back for repairs. It's called "The German Service Desert". Unbelievable!
    • To get serious - more or less - ready to use 3D-models is a really hard business. My mail-account is spammed by many freelancers meanwhile from Russia and India and some else. The offers are 100 US$ to >3000 Euro. I spend hours to answer all the offers, hoping to find something wich helps with my goal ...
    • Alien was right with the hint at the restrictions for DAZ Studio products. I cannot use them in a legal way.
    • Deutsche Post - DHL - failed to ship the Nusul-printing to RAZER
    May I note, that I am not really happy atm ;-/

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  2. narfi

narfi Lost

What blog software have you tried?
    What exactly are you looking for?

3. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Ahhhrg, can't remember ... something McCormick suggested. I deleted the bookmark already ... can't find it again.

4. It was blog spot, just as in my signature. Wouldnt really call it useless, but Id agree that making additional posts requires some many-wired-menus back-and-forth clicking + mouse hoovering which I also didnt really like ^^

5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, finally I've got some usefull contacts it seems via "oDesk". The job is still not to make fine arts as a 3D modeller, but to learn to make relatively cheap big 3D-models and print and finish them. Hopefully I can find partners there. I am in contact with one guy so far who makes really good looking models.
    Hopefully it'll lead to push up this silly project. DAZ Studio is completely out btw ....

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  6. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

The tricky part is: We don't use bad low-polygon models (grabbed from the game), but photos/screenshots of the object. I hope so bad that it'll work finally. Wish me luck!

7. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Uhh ohh ... seems it works. I hired this guy via oDesk. He will start next week. And he is pretty open to learn more about modeling for 3D-print. Stay tuned. Probably we will see impressive results soon.

If it happens it would be the way to make really and impressive models from everything. I am a bit excited ... ;-)

8. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, IF it works ... harrrr! ... next step would be my Ulla from Skyrim in Merta armor 600 mm high:
    Ulla Skyrim 02.jpg

9. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I managed to print that "Nacked" from DAZ already. This model was too small (300 mm). The face is a desaster (bad geometry), hairs and clothes don't work at all. And DAZ restricts the use of the models in an inacceptable way. As mentioned above: DAZ is out. It's not good for 3D-printing. Especially if you want very special models.

HARRR! In May I have to buy my owne licence of Rhino3D ;-( Let's hope the freelancer I've hired will do a good job and I manage to finish the model in a good way. IF it works we'll have great opportunities. Even for printing models from EU ... if they allow it. Don't spread it around ... we are at level 2 only in test phase ... but stay tuned.

10. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Got the first screenshot today from the modeler I've hired. (I asked him for permission to publish it.) It looks very promising so far. He wrote "ok so here is a super sketchy look of posture."
    pose.jpg
    I am curious how it would end up because he made very interesting suggestions to improve the project. No worries OZtwo! He will dress the woman soon ;-) He got some boots already and will make some army clothes next days.

11. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Yo, got a 90-day-free test-license of Rhino3D today. I think I'll buy it after this period. It's simply necessary for this project. PEARL sent me a message that the repaired printer has been shipped today and would arrive during 2 or 3 working days. Good! Next week we will see the project's progress.

btw ... is there anyone who owns an old female Predator armor? Or another one of this kind? I can't remember all the names. There was a yellow one and a red one (martial?). I need some screenshots of them. I would prefer Predator, because it's look is more military.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  12. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, I wasted nearly an hour with searching for a free model of a suitable pistol/revolver today. Finally I started to build my own with SolidWorks :-/ That's another tricky part of the project: free stuff is mostly bullshit. And all good models costs money. But I am good in modelling machines. So it shouldn't be that big deal to make a heavy pistol for the print.

Another result of today's discussion with my wife is: I won't post anything outside of here. She said: "Why would you give a guidance to all the young students out there? They would just adept it and offer the service for a tenth quickly." Right she is! So let's restrict it to EP ;-)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  13. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, I got an update from my freelancer yesterday. It's still about layout. But he is really on a good way. I am a bit excited ;-)
    pose2-1.jpg

14. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Costs summary so far if one starts from scratch:
    • Rhino3D = 995 Euro (after 90 days free full version) ... (or even Blender = 0 Euro)
    • Printer = 700 Euro (470 Euro if you buy a refurbished one)
    • Freelancer for modeling = 195 Euro (special price for the first job!)
    • Printing material = approximately 8 Euro
    • Additional material like sandpaper, glue and colour - approximately 15 Euro
    • Sum - 1913 Euro

Compared to the services I requested for in Germany (two examples only because I gave up immediately):
    1. Modeling of a human figure = 3000+ Euro
    2. Modeling of my requested model + printing the figure (400 mm) = 1200+ Euro

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  15. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

OMG! My freelancer is faster than expected :-)
    And I got my printer back from repairs today. Hopefully I can continue with this project tomorrow.
    2.jpg
    5.jpg
    Hopefully it'll work!

16. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Yep, got the 3D-model today. No problems with import into Rhino. I love her! To get an imagination what this new model will be I imported my first attempt as well:
    2015-02-18 01.jpg
    Impressive! Now let's see if I can realize this second step too. A lot of work is waiting.

17. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

To get a rough imagination of the printable parts I added my maximum printspace as grid cuboids. Holy shit! Did I really say "A lot of work is waiting." ??? That was a heavy underestimation - LOL!
    2015-02-18 02.jpg

18. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Wow that is looking really good! But yes many parts to print and stick together! I guess you need a painter too...

19. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

First of all I have to slice her ;-) (Damn, I need a name for her!) And yes, I have someone already who will try to do the painting.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  20. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Double post. See next one.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.