MA Marketing Fail

Discussion in 'MindArk' started by Shinobi, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Problem with that assumption is that every world besides maybe CKi has a way smaller budget than MindArk/FPC.

I also think the new planets will be so subpar in standard even compared to Planet Calypso that the game might get a even worse reputation than it currently has

2. Chopper

Chopper Sanctuary

That's a great point:tiphat:

3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

That would require significant funds. That, and an actor to put their reputation on the line.

I think Mexico hosts support and a few 3D people.

4. aridash

aridash large throbbing member

yes, its quite amusing/odd/sad how most, which the same information available, seem to think the new planets will be marvellous, bug free, new experiences of the game world. alot of disappointment for unfulfilled expectation ahead there.

5. Point taken. Most old existing accounts sure know better through experience . I wont be surprized if Calypso turns into a semi-ghost planet sparslly populated. Can you immagine a mass virtual exodus towards the new planets from calypso? I realy see that happening.:biggrin:

Another thing may also be that new planet partners may do a better marketting job than MA ever did or could, with virtual conciquences ofc.

mabe then they might be shaken awake.:viking:

6. Why? The new planets have idiotic storylines and themes. Planet Calypso is the only viable option

7. LOL Dont start getting frisky on me and my posts again youngman! Youre way ahead of yourself. All I can say we will see;)

Planet Calypso will have competition and shall have to step up on marketting themselves now:)
    Basically they forced themselves into that corner.

8. MA wont allow the new planets to become competition to FPC. I think they will be a very different experience compared to calypso.

9. Interesting Dark:) meaning that MA shall have complete overlord control over all planets?

Yeah, thats exiting too, tho that may also cater for the differnt intrests and personality types in the world. Still needs to be brought to the public tho and through the mainstream media outlets.:evil:

different planet partners, different countries and servers around the world. Does Mindark trully qualify as a multinational now? Then they should market themselves better than WOW and shine like a Multinational supposed to. Like the rest and yet still unique.

With VUCE2 and implimentation, I have pointed out in the start of this thread, that Mindark should make use of talents like Bambuco. Since CE2 theres enough eye-candy out there to compile something quite spectacular. Nothing wrong with posting suggestions and hoping they carry suit.

10. Well that would be in line with their goal of becoming asshole company #1... But no that's not what I ment. :)

The partners so far are very different.
    Rocktropia is an advertisement platform for artists
    China planet will be some sort of ebay
    Next island and cyrene seems to be story driven...
    SEE virtual worlds is some sort of movie related... crap.
    Calypso is a sandbox colonization thing.

It's not just something I made up, Mindark|someone said at EF that the planets are not supposed to compete too much with each other.

But who knows what will happen if ND suddenly decides to turn one of his planets into "Balypso" with the continents "Feudora" and "Umethera", and just copy/paste the good stuff from Calypso. :evil:

11. I also heard rumors of a CK planet down the line. By the sounds of it the future outcome is a fart in a galeforce wind and very uncertain.

Mabe travel should be suspended till the other planets have "grown" into their ownwith full blown populace etc.

Few more planets like Calypso would certainly be financially and economically feeseable. Different names, fauna & Flaura, Geology, etc. In adition to Clubs spacetations like CND and CP. Mabe a waypoint station between Earth Sol system and Calypso Homeworld.

See would be better off revizing their plans. mabe based on Avatar, Planet Pandora......
    With a recource mined there, worth its weight lol, and density in Platinum on Calypso:)

12. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Creative Kingdom == Planet Cyrene.

13. Right! TY Pete, thought I missed one in that list. Wonder tho what that one would be like? Sandbox also?

nevermind everyone, found something and posted it under Planet Cyrene here . Enjoy:)

14. Chopper

Chopper Sanctuary

Ebay without social interraction of coarse! Sounds like the China planet will be pretty useless actually :dunno:

Then again, I'm sure they have a filter that would even impress 711 :tongue4:

15. Wonder how the Chinese gonna market the game? For all we know they might run gaming-sweatshops:) Government owns all avas and virtual goods. Participants are selected or killed. Failures and banns are executed anyway.

16. A virtual shoppingmall with IRL items. Thats what they said themselves.

Its gonna be the Amazon/Ebay of China

17. Suppose its for the ped gazilionaires. Mabe real cheap stuff too, dunno what its gonna do for shipping around the world, suppose we shall see. Any links to this? Any launch date prospects, development releases?

Has Anshe got anything to do with this? Nice gall miss Chang, she gave me my first pair of Predator feet, at the time when armors became 7 instead of 6 parts. Too bad about that virtual commodeties incident that cost her so deerly in peds, but her own fault for not doing her price adjustments etc. in her bank at the time, realy sad.

18. Anshe has nothing to do with the chinese planet.

The lead guy behind the CDI planet died 1,5years ago and I have not seen any new info since then about the chinese planet. For all we know,it might already be cancelled unofficially.

About shipping..I have bought stuff on Ebay from China that was like a 2$ item with free shipping. Granted it takes a week or 2 before I get it but its still cheap

19. Cheers for info M8, but way ahead of you on that one. Check it here. :nunchucks:

20. You have no mention of MindArk/Entropia Universe Platform besides the standard press release from 2007.

Show me NEW info about CRD Planet...I doubt there has been any

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.