MA: Under the hood: bigger, stronger, better!

Discussion in 'MindArk' started by EP-Newsbot, Dec 7, 2009.

1. I think there is no other way to implement that properly imo.

And a new system that can be tested, researched and condensed to a formula (how many shots to unlock tier X...) - just their ETA is a bit too optimistic im afraid...

Marco made a big deal outta that manual unlock procedure, somehow i have the feeling there are new tools and skills involved.

2. I think the gun will stay at whatever eco it has now. Even if U fill all sockets with dmg chips it should stay at the eco it has, however the module chips you add to the sockets will prolly be (L) and with an markup. So if its above 100% markup, it will ofcourse reduce the weapons eco.

Donno if that came out right, but read it a few times... :P

3. You really think MindArk would let people add damagechips to imk2,mod merc etc and let it keep the original base gun eco even if they make them Limited? Thats a funny joke because..as I said before...years ago MindArk replaced A2XX series in crafting with "equal/better" series of E-amp...

4. most likely the base eco in terms of dmg/pec will be reduced after using the enhancers, but the interesting thing is that a "MM tier5 with 3 dmg enhancers and 2 accuracy enhacers" could be much more eco in terms of total cost-to-kill for certain mobs (i.e. dasp, eomon, etc...) than a "plain-vanilla MM tier0"

now, finding the optimal combination of which enhancers to use (considering their MU price) for a given set of unlocked tiers that makes you (avatar+gun) most efficient, may be the key issue.

5. Yes. I am alittle worried though that since it seems the enhancers themselves comes in tiers I believe it might get really expensive to go beyond tier 3.

Marco said "Tier 1 damage enhancer in Tier 1, Tier 2 range in Tier 2 on the gun" etc...can get really expensive really fast :disgust:

The stackable "ammo" for enhancers throws me off also...I hope it can be looted frequently or I see alot of use going away in terms of markup on it

6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I imagine the implementation will be imilar to the one LOTRO had with the Moria release. Your weapons there roll with a certain base set. If you don't like it, you roll another for different random stats (this bit is prolly not the case here in EU).

Then, as you start using the weapon, it gains xp, just like your toon does. Every subsequent step takes longer/more xp to reach, and inbetween at certain levels, you have to take it to a smith to be able to get it to progress.

You then can fit relics etc to it, which customize the weapon the way you want it. I.e. extra damage, special effects, etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.