Magazine Exclusive: Harold Sipe - New Producer/Planet Manager on Next Island

Discussion in 'EntropiaTimes' started by Lykke TheNun, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Magazine Exclusive
    EntropiaTimes magazine June 2011

HaroldSipe-1.png

Read it all in the magazine www.entropiatimes.com - 54-57

It was a very positive surprise when we were told that Next Island got a new Producer / Planet Manager. MindStar9 was offered an exclusive interview with Harold Sipe for the EntropiaTimes.​

Harold Sipe reveals a lot of news regarding this fantastic beautiful planet and can only look forward to all the great things which will be happening this Summer and in future updates. Only a few days ago, Next Island also opened up for visitors to Ancient Greece - something a lot of people have been looking forward to.​

What are your own expectations and hope for Next Island in the future after reading this interview?​

Discuss ...

2. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

So, nothing of what Harold had to say has any discussion value?

I think there's plenty to choose from, as well as perhaps asking more questions. Maybe we could get Harold to come to this forum to interact with our community here, which would be nice, and wish him well in his new position with Next Island.

What about this new direction with Next Island? What are your thoughts?

3. Yeah Where are the bps, armor, weapons. Seems the first on the list is the look and the story line.

4. For me the most interesting part of it was the total sidestep of the economy question.

We all know the economy is constantly adjusted, we want to know that Next Island is going to get theirs up and running so that it *can* be adjusted :)

- Deathifier

5. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I was actually wondering if that would catch someone's eye. It was a key question as far as I was concerned, and it rather surprised me that something more specific wasn't mentioned.

With the announcement of development being moved in-house, I guess I made the assumption (but was also hoping) that getting basics in place would be first priority in order to give the economy a fighting chance. Instead, I found Harold's statement about NI's immediate focus to be interesting. Specifically ... "June's content, and our future content moving forward, will focus on bringing the conceptual underpinning of the game world to life. In short, this means unique Elysian items for Next Islanders, and new characters to meet."

I have since learned that June's main content update has already happened, with no major updates occurring through July if I recall our Skype conversation correctly. I also know that there are some dedicated Next Islander's hanging on and trying to make things work by supporting each other, so I hope that the economy issue becomes more of a priority to help their efforts.

I have invited Harold to join our community here so that he has an opportunity to address any questions that may arise. It would also give us an opportunity to not only welcome him to his new position with Next Island, but also get to know him better and perhaps learn more about the new direction for the planet. I think Meg is already here (Community Relations Manager), and I hope Harold will accept the invite.

6. Would be nice if they came here and answered questions, but I wouldn't hold your breath. As for the economy ........

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.