Many snakes in my head

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by andrew jenery, May 3, 2011.

1. andrew jenery

andrew jenery from Entropia Star

I have to admit it, that there are 'many snakes in my head' at the moment... This easter was a disaster, thta is certain. The usual stuff that happens when you get together with old acquaintances, only sometimes I'm in the habit of being too honest, and as a result, things certainly 'hit the fan...'. However, that was just over a weeka go now, and things have started to get back to normal. I still really like EP, even though I haven't posted anything for a while, and I still get some help from contributors for my own little effort. I also recently discovered Shinkiba's at the Swamp camp and other locations where there used to be Daikiba's. What happened to them? Were they chased-off; eaten alive (he, he) - who knows...
    One thing though is really starting to 'bug' me a bit, and is getting me down. Peter and Lykke who admin' EntropiaPlanets have a great attitude and were more than willing to exchange both banner and text links with me many months ago. Another site run by ppl with a similar attitude, is Entropia Universe Chronicle who were also willing to do the same without any real fuss at all. However, I cannot honestly say that many other so-called 'Entropia Universe Community Sites' (the administrators, that is) have the same attitude. Without naming any site/s specifically; I find that either their sites are not 'set up' to be able to cater for banner and or text link exchanging, or they are but they simply do not want to 'network' with independant EU-related sites. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong; but after a fair number of 'outreach campaigns', this is the impression I get. My attitude is, that we are all in this 'EU boat' together, and that itb takes no real effort to do a simple banner and or text-link exchange.
    This surely is the right thing to do, as this promotes your site; promotes their site; promotes his site; my site, etc, etc.
    There - that's me being too honest again, but it had to be said... That apart, there have been some recent positives; such as the ad-boards finally being reintroduced..:tiphat:

2. Lerp

Lerp blind combantant

It seems true.
    The forums are agains each other.
    Its just factions.
    Ive not been here long but I doubt many nd fans are here.
    They want the split.
    Root for your home team.
    I hope spring and summer bring you some comfort.

3. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

I don't believe 'the forums' are againts each other. I believe some people are. EP said from the beginning that we believe in cooperation rather than competition. But we won't beg for it and thus we agreed not to waste time trying.

We have a list of forums and tools on our front page. We also have cooperation with fx Arkadia Forum about front page stories and we sertainly do not mind if people are refering to other forums. The Universe is, after my opinion, too small for anything else.

4. andrew jenery

There just needs to be a more open attitude by some 'EU community sites' (whether they operate a forum or not; because not all do have a forum, at least not a public one) with regards to banner and or text-link exchange...

5. Lerp

Lerp blind combantant

It was only my idea that maybe the sites could be against each other.
    Would be fun to have war and raids. This would need to be faction based.
    Seems like this site and a few other would be a good base for such operations.
    Would like to go on a raid to rocktropia to hunt some players and they may come to our lands.
    If we seem one of them we go all out to get em.
    No it wont happen. It seems "The Universe is, after my opinion, too small "
    We will have factions. It will be fun to see how the game seperates them.
    The game will have to do it. Players are to polite to do it. They are after trade and in this world war does not=trade. It will just cost you peds. Not much to gain. YET

6. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Actually Lerp, you gave me a splendid Idea - thanks :)

Will try and work on it and PERHAPS (if I can get it to work) tell more :D

Awesome .... lol

7. Lerp

Lerp blind combantant

I think I saw your add in game.

8. andrew jenery

I've lost the plot... :bigsmile:

9. Lerp

Lerp blind combantant

No dont lose it.
    I want to hear more of the contrast between the sites.

10. andrew jenery

Hello everyone again on EP! OK, as Peter and Lykke will know, I no longer run ES due to a new publishing opportunity that came my way (I can't say too much on what it's about due to corporate confidentiality reasons), which is also the reason why I haven't posted much on EP for quite few days now... I logged in just now simply to say hello to everyone, and to wish EP continued success in the future.
    BTW - I will definately be ordering June's edition of EntropiaTimes.

11. Lerp

Lerp blind combantant

hmmm this was of intrest to me.. War of the Worlds. Ill wait till the end of days but wont let this one go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.