March Diary - NOTM

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by cantbe, Feb 14, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dairy Entry 09.02.08 Sunday

Decided to try out Enmater mining , ppl in society said that enmaters are easier the ores , bought tools and some bombs , oooops, good that they can be sold back and got my 20 probes

TP to remote area, and set out . Soon reached promising area, made necesary configurations and bum 1st rpobe went in the surface of Colypso - Hahaha "No resources found" where did I have seen this kind of message? :)

Moved to another spot , bum and massage again ok but I am getting skills.... expensive ones - 1 skill 50 Pec

Move to another spot, bum, AND the Ring bell You have claimed resorce Tiny II hm tiny clear , what does mean II ? ok click 2 times with mouse to marker - the Mater finder Said "No resource found" What a ? Ok! clicked another 2 times , again the same msg , and then I noticed that I have droped 2 probes :( aaaaaa, I thought that double clicking is enough to start use correct tool on marker

Switch the tool and started to mine 3 attempts got 74 FOrce Nexus. Cool they have good price

Dropped some 5 more bombs - till I got next deposit again Tiny II this time Melchi Water, but I wanted to get Force nexus , where did they went?, I turned back.

Moved back and now I am in confusion , did I drop a probe there or not? Who know?

Ok! Lets try luck out in another place, Teleported to another place - got 10 more probes droped some and got some Typonolic , cool these have even better markup

Then some Nexus again very son out of probes

So back to Trade treminal - TT value is 6 PED with markup almost 10 - what is the cost of probes, not bad at all, tommorow will get some more probes and try to get more

• Like Like x 17
  2. hunt hunt hunt - i am bored with hunting, but nothing else is really appealing to me that wouldn't take some hefty deposits. i've been trying to mix it up with the mobs i hunt; camp phoenix is fun with berys all the way out to the mollisks and conrundos out past the space ship. i also went south of atlas for some higher snables. i found that the dominants seem to drop the best, guardians are ok. i only found one alpha and it gave no loot. they really didn't have dense enough spawns in that area for my liking.
    i like cornucaudas, but i can't find a good place to hunt them. i tried east of ithica, but there were drones that chased me all the way back to the city and then kept ganking me at the revival terminal. ugh!

at least during this time i finally reached the right skill level to use my cutter two. it's pretty awesome. i can kill most of my usual mobs with one swipe now. it does decay really fast though. if it didn't have SIB, i would probably just stick with the 2x0 axe... i'm actually thinking about getting some 1x0 axes for skilling, but i'm not sure if they'd be any better dmg/pec than the enblade.
    anyway, i'm now lvl 5 in longblades dmg and should be lvl 5 longblades hit pretty soon.

something else interesting i caught was an animal stampede on port atlantis. some person apparently did it. lots of killing. it was kind of fun.

also, i tried sweating again. sucked. i remember why i stopped in the first place. got no skills off of it, and in a half an hour of trying only got 40 some sweat.

• Like Like x 14
  3. Dairy Entry 11.03.08 Tuesday

Done with sweating and had good price to sell , :) , took tools and 20 probes and set out for Enmater mining - was doing around the Port Atlantis -
    Results 283 Crude Oil, 54 Melchi Water and 87 Nexus crystals , Sold all, except Nexus crystals, will try to make mind essence as it has better markup

Tried to ask in soc direction , They gave some direction but - quite general - it can be understood as NBK legion is more Hunter society, will try out some new places soon

• Like Like x 13
  4. it seams i missed a bit while i was out of town... but as i logged back into EU i found that all my friends were still there and i still have much sweating to do :p so armed with nothing more then a pair of orange pants i set out to go finde molisk to sweat... bin haveing fun with that running away just to give my self anouther chance to sweat over and over... but if i keep it up i just might level up in sweat gathere this mounth :D all in all still haveing fun in this great compation.... good luck to all see ya in game...8)

• Like Like x 11
  5. weird day yesterday. more hunting. boring, bad loots. getting bummed out about the decay rate on the cutter two, even though it does some crazy damage.

still wanting to try boxing, but i can't seem to get together with ppl to. i was supposed to meet a guy to box with at billy's, but there was a soc event going on.. went to caravan and there were some higher level avatars in the ring forever.
    so instead, i went hunting with the power fist! it was kind of fun beating the crap out of snabbles. berys were especially fun. lots of skills.. the light melee skills don't help me much, but it did get other melee and combat stuff which is good. with the berys i got a lot of evade and athletics too. plus, the fist is so fast, it seems like the mobs can't hit me as much because i'm constantly hitting them. loot was still sucky.

tried hunting outside my usual areas some more. loot continued to blow. i don't know if it's this sword or what. eventually i just started screwing around... and discovered... I CAN KILL ATRAX NOW!! woohoo! i barely survived, but i killed three of them.. and was disappointed with the crappy loot, but whatever.

after the cutter two ran out, i was feeling pretty pissy about how pricey it was vs how short it lasted. i really don't like L weapons. i'm kind of torn on paying more for SIB stuff, or just using cheap, lesser, maxed out UL stuff.... i may have made a mistake in this regard... remains to be seen.. i stocked up on enblade a's and 1x0 and 2x0 axes, and then bought a katsuchi(sp?) honor for a panic weapon.. we'll see how it turns out.

looking for a soc too, because i'm getting tired of roaming in silence.

• Like Like x 14
  6. Dairy Entry 13.03.08 Thursday

Today mobs did not want to give sweat ~ 150 sweat /h not so great, but done with my plans

continued to Mine , in soc people suggested to move in wilderness with hope of better chance of finding some deposit , so I set out and as for a noob that Treasure Island would be good spot

went East - O_O who do we got there ? Red dot spotted further than radar range, o Hooglo , ppl get globals with them time to time , ok this is for Large boys, I try to will make around them. Went on keeping distance over the Closest radar range - O_O, 1 moved and very fast very close and hit me just for 93,2 dmg , looooool

Back to revive, cool noob area, ok set another direction

Droped some probes - getting skills but no deposits

Cool I found some drones :) fast teleport back to revive,

Ok! try anothe direction and dropped probes in row - 5th hit the III Nexus deposit , great, 140 Nexus extracted , where are more around? , market place and droped probes around - :"No resource found "....

Moved and got some Oil , then again

Also got Alicencies deposit II

So back to base - results - Probes used 37 TT 18,5 PED return TT 4,72

Note. Got to evaluate approach and lookup for some mining map to become more efficient

• Like Like x 13
  7. Hi, there!

Haven't been up to much, lately. The usual slicing & dicing, or more properly, sweating & hunting. Alas, nothing worthy of mention has been achieved, and hence my lack of reports.

Given my level of skills, some time ago I realized what made most sense for me was to take on snablesnot-male youngs. Why? They're not too strong, not too aggressive, don't do too much damage and have just one sweat pull. This means once you've got your first success box you don't have to care about trying again, you can just shoot. At my current skill I can down a snab-male young in 4-5 shots with my Opalo. If everything turns out right, I can succeed in sweating it without getting it aggroed, and then proceed to shoot. If the first two shots are good enough, it will turn around before reaching spitting range, so I'd be unhurt.

Of course, in the worst case it will get angry at first sweating attempt (or even before) and start attacking me. But I'm tough enough to resist a few attacks while trying to sweat, and knowing that I can resort to my Opalo at any time makes this tactic safer than it'd seem. Admittedly, a few times I've overdone it and risked too much, and my recently achieved mastery of Vivo1 has came in handy... On a second thought, maybe that's how the mastery was achieved...

So with my current skills allowing me to sweat&hunt for several snabs in a row, I've progressively moved to areas where their population is larger. I began at Camp Phoenix because they were scattered and you could concentrate on one without risk of being attacked by another while doing sweat&run. As my skills increased I moved to Atlas North. Now that I don't have to sweat&run anymore I'm hunting around Atlas Haven.

Of course, I'm still dependent on luck to make this last. 1000 bottles of sweat buy 500 shots, which means 100 snabs if I'm lucky, althoug usually it's less, and 85 snabs seldom provide good enough loot to pay for another 500 shots. So I really need the sweat. At times I find myself our of ammo and money, and have to go back to sweat&run. Fortunately, this happens less and less, and I believe I'm approaching a point at which hunting will become self-sustainable.

Of course self-sustainable strictly means no benefit, so I foresee lots of sweat in my near future...:D

• Like Like x 13
  8. Hi mates, i've been missing for a week, but im here again to tell you my stories in Eu , and there are great news.

First of all i'll tell you about my tpruns. I went to catch Emerald, shinook and New Switzerland. Wasn't easy since some lands are full of huges bad mobs. I realised that i better avoid those lands even if the path is longer. And it took very long to get to Emerald. No special places on the way. From Emerald i tried to reach Shinook but found some well known daikibas, i thought i could killl some of them but i realised that they were Old Alpha... OMG :surprise: I thought it would be better to stay away. From Shinook i reached New Switzerland wich is a beautiful place, although useless since there is nobody there. Oh and i got a free new TP since there was an event at Nea's and i was redirected to Oyster Isle. No need to run there, lol.

About my friend, who i was helping, he has been disconnected for a week, then nothing new happened with him. Anyway he has to sweat in order to make ME, then he has pending schoolworks.

And now the great news... FIRST GLOBAL EVER wooohoooooooo :D:D I got 108 peds.. hey this is a good one ;) After 3 months of playing i have been rewarded. I was very happy. I hope to have more.

Finally an amazing story. While beeing at Argus i noticed that some mob were entering the auction, well not so strange, happens sometimes.... but this time there wer some exarosaur and cornundacauda inside.... too strange this time. I went outside and GOD it was fuuuuuuuull of mobs everywhere, what a madness!!!!:surprise::surprise:More than 50 mobs attacking everybody. The radar was full of red dots.. WOW. Ubers started to kill them and i was killed several times since i couldn't walk more than 5 meters before beeing eaten. Well, the good part is that i gained lots of skills :D I have screenshots but i'm at work now. I'll post them this afternoon.

Regards mates.

• Like Like x 15
  9. Dairy Entry 14.03.08 Friday

good and terrible day
    smple reasonn :), made some swaeting as usual, creastures was angr but finished in bt 200 Sweat bootles becousee of simple reason, ceatures angry and I got no patience
    RL thing got drunk :) so any action is kinda flreeed, cannnoteven normally read text :)

Thing to remenber do not hunt in : not clear :( =drunk status return are less that expected
    GL 2 all /me OUt

• Like Like x 10
  10. Just saw the THING I posted - Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrilble

butits is re al dary enrtr y , lol ,

ps , sry 4 terible misstyping and errors

• Like Like x 9
  11. Hi All,

I have been mostly sweating and doing some hunting. Though While hunting this past week many of the mobs had no loot. So I became pretty poor. I was sitting on 2K of sweat hoping to find the good prices when I first started this game (about 2 months ago?). I saw many people buying at 6 ped per 1,000. Now if I see a 5.3 I am very excited. Since I got so poor I had to sell 1K at only 5 ped. :(
    Which means I need to sweat more. That is the tough time I have been having.

Now for the good times. My mentor took me on a tp run to Twin Peaks, hitting two others on the way. 3 days later I finally got some mining equipment. (big investment for not having much money). I learned how to use it. I only started with 4 probes Two I wasted trying to figure out how to use. lol On the last one I got a claim. It had 60 crude oil in it. I think mining is fun, though need more $ for probes. lol

I then got the urge to explore again. I got to a place (some unnamed outpost) where I was having a little trouble getting out of, though didn't try all the directions yet, when my mentor found out and decided to save me yet again. :? In this area I got killed by an android and a robotic warrior. They freak me out. The androids run so fast at you. EEEKKK!!

After this big ordeal then I went back to my old trusted sweating camp and actually found a 5.3 buyer. So I sold 1K to him. Now I am not super poor. Though I know I need to do more SWEATING. I hope my hunting picks up too.

Well until next time. Take care.

• Like Like x 14
  12. Dairy entry 15.03.08 Sathurday

Slowly was becomming alive :) baraly could mave any move in morning, got terrible headache and 1 big question as usual :) - Who drunk so much Vodka :)

2 large Coffies and feeling better

Went to sweating but my head did not want to see the sparkling Sweating "tubes" so went and dropped some probes around

Got some Force Nexus, Oil and some sweatstuff too, got 16 probe empty row :( was not very happy was making back as got 1 VII Force Nexus deposit

Today was scheduled Society event - Ratae was organising. Great event hunted Large mobs , but drop was poor, learned some thing that in Teamhunt need to move and not block the aim path

Target mobs were Large Exozaurs and then Arganauts, even took out some drones - even generation 08 - Thee were killing me with 1 hit .......

• Like Like x 14

13. :cool: i think this is how tomarrow will be for me :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 8
  14. Dairy Entry 16.03.08 Sunday

Read in forum that ore mining is profitable . lol not for me :) at least 4 now

Started with simple idea Meka some tools - searched the Auction and Saw OF101 bueprints, lol they can be bought from Enginier

So what to do with materials? - got som Melchi , but no ingot , need Lysterium and Cumbriz - bought from Auction House 129 % Lysterium and Cumbriz even more

Ok Insert into the tool machine , added resources and push the button Krrrrrrssssszzzzzzzpshpsh - Near Success- got some resources back - of course not expensive 1-es
    Added materials KRRRRRRRRrrrrSSSZZZPSHPSH - Near Success, and some resources back
    3 rd attempt - KrKrKRKRKRKR -Success - Manufactured OF101 with TT 1,87 ,lol if coun materials the it would be cheaper just to buy 1 and pay markup.... (material TT cost was ~4+ PED)

Ok! lets try it out - bombs - o Bombs 1 PED each fine I take a bunch of them more precise 65, also excavator and refiner(just incase, lol )

Got ready the controls and ready bomb, set and run, buh - o New window , cool , and same old message

ok move and ready next 1 bah - this time oooo luck Tiny Lysterium, cool that can get so easy

moving on
    BAh
    BAh
    Baha
    Bahaaaaaa

Bahahahaha

Hahahaha
    so goes 27 Bombs 0 finds aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    and thenLysterium again this time IV cool making back some money

Bah BahBAH - 7 more 0 finds

Becomming desperate and run near creatures, they got angry and started to Chase me

and closing, I my I am slow
    Switching off the Finder and of course pushed to drop another bomb ,... Opaa Got Deed Lysterium deposit V, great , but in tse same time I got killed

Revive and Chassing back Agnry Creatures are All around ok try to sneak - gol close and died again

Making next plan ok Run to and away to clear the path

Did this strategy 4 times
    but creatures are blocking my path and start to respawn

Time left 14 min got 5 + min to run :( ok last attempt

Hey There is a hunter Asked help What I was granted , but buy the time We killed mobs See the picture

So GL next time

Notes - Buy tools as making them is more expensive than paying markup

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 15
  15. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

This is a good example as to why you should mine in areas with mobs you can handle LOL or better yet NO mobs. You have to be able to survive to get the resourses out of the ground. Sorry this one got away. :-(

• Like Like x 11
  16. still more hunting. i've been mixing it up on mobs to see what happens, but tend to gravitate back to the snables/daikibas. i have been roaming areas with higher level snables and kerberos' lately, which has been working out really well for me. the snables aren't dropping interesting items, but they are giving me a lot of loot and the kerberos' are dropping interesting things like isis CB5 (i know it's sucky, but it's fun for me to get not-animal oils/hides/etc)

i've been trying to be more socially active, and find that it's generally a PITA. i've chatted with a few cool people, but usually they are gone before long.. last night it seems like 20 people started PMing me in the same 5 minutes. one wanted to team hunt. this is something i've not done, and i figure i should, so i agreed. she asked me to show her my gun in the trade window.. i was a little leery and kind of put off (i dont' really do guns unless my swords/axes are all empty), but whatever. so i team with her and she immediately runs us into a pile of feffs. we killed one, but then there was a champion that killed both of us. she immediately ran us right back to the same one... two more times. she was telling me to use my honor, which i wouldn't.. its for emergencies only, then she told me to put on better armor. "you don't have kobold?" (while i'm wearing my goblin and also while she has no armor at all) i got the impression that she was just wanting to mooch off of me and though i had more stuff than i do. so i left the team and she tried to re-add me a bazillion times, all the while i'm txting for her to leave me alone. i run off and start hunting on my own, and she follows me around killing the mobs that i start attacking. i continue telling her to go away, and eventually have to go to the TP to get rid of her.

at the same time that this is going on, some other girl is whining to me about how hard of a time she is having and that i need to let her borrow money and she will pay me back. yeah right. i may be new, but i'm not stupid. and dont' get me wrong - i dont' mind giving out a little ammo here and there to people who need it and aren't jerks about it. i deposit because i dont' have any fun trying to sweat, so i understand what it's like when you have a bad hunt and run out. harrassing people is just not cool though.

also at the same time some random guy private chats me and wants me to buy a determination from him. wtf? if i wanted one, i would go stand at PA ot twin and ask for it.

so anyway, i think i am done trying to be social for a while. its much less stressful to just go hunt on my own.

and btw, after ditching the SIB swords for a bit, i must say that the 2x0 axes are pretty awesome for skilling. i'm going to work on buying several more.

• Like Like x 14
  17. Dairy Entry 17.03.08 Monday

Late log on, as lost some extra money on mining/crafting experiments, decided to do sweating as i have still got some Force Nexus and price for ME is better, and then come an interesting offer - to Fap Borr from The NBK a hunter , I applied - was doing this 1 time before, great for getting skills and learning how to hunt

Borr made team "NBK Resnis Faps Borr", lol :) and we set out to hunt some Bristlehogs.
    Borr were doing all maturities. Few times I had to ask slow a little down as my skill is not so great and could not manage to heal up

So start Vivo full repaired 9 PED, Skills 14 uses per minute and min heal 6.3.
    Finish Vivo ~ 5,67 PED, 16 uses per minute and min heal 6,9
    (Borr provided the Vivo and got it back)

Got about 100+ skill points

Hunt - all maturities BristleHogs what were found in TI area of hunt. Best loot was ~ 20+ PED, best items gained 2 Fap-18 (each TT under 10 PED)

Result TT -35 PED, if taken into account Markup about or little below break even :(

• Like Like x 15
  18. Hi Resnis,

Good to see you got so many skills while fapping me, it is nice to see that my good intentions actually work out ;)
    (And now you even dragged me over to this forum:D)

Next time we'll hit it big, i promise! 8)

I was surprised as to how new you were to the game, since you are very well informed about many aspects of Entropia. Heck, you even came up with the idea of not overfapping me to improve the eco of the Vivo T1.

BTW: one minor correction: the TT of the vivo when you returned it was 5.15, so you had 3.85 ped fap skilling decay on your account :D (at a reported 0.903 pec decay per click, that makes about 426 clicks)

Edit: OOPS: just read the first post in this thread... It seems i am out of order here... How do i move this thread?

Admin: Hey Borr, no you're not out of order as your post will be taken as proof and added towards his scores - thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2008
    • Like Like x 13
  19. Hi, good to see you helping out new players :D
    Welcome to the Forum ,adding proof of Resnis's achievements has helped Resnis in the Competition so do not worry ;)

• Like Like x 10
  20. ;) hi all.... i think i drank too much last night for ST.Patty'sDay:yeah: with that i havent bin skilling as much as i was drinking, but i was haveing fun makeing new friends and chating the night away in EU, but im back ingame now and happily sweating, and Selling Armor away... if any one's interested in buying some armor parts or a full set of pixi (m) let me know ... lol:), in any case im hopeing to Hof soon, it be nice... many hof's to you all i'll see you all in game :D

• Like Like x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.