Mentoring Guide

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Guides and Help' started by Tass, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Tass

Tass Administrator

So on Tuesday we will probably see a stampede of mentors-to-be going for a few anxious newbies.

Maybe we can manage to collect a few general things to consider for Mentoring and create a little guideline before the madness begins.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Mentoring

And then from Tuesday on we can collect info here to compile a final Mentoring guide.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Tass

Tass Administrator

First images uploaded to the guide. Really interesting.

Please help, bring more info.

3. there's more to it than looting an animal in a team with the mentor, making an item, and digging up a resource?

4. Tass

Tass Administrator

Actually not.
    • killing 1 creature in team with mentor is sufficient
    • crafting 1 item successfully is sufficient
    • getting 1 mining claim is sufficient

5. I believe I saw in another forum that they have to do all that and get to the recommend level to graduate. Before they just had to get to a skill level for graduation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

That can only be a good thing. In the old system, lots of newcomers signed up to their mentor, who promptly would dissappear once the grace period was gone.

7. Tass

Tass Administrator

Mh, yep. In my post I was trying to list what needs to be done to complete each achievement. But of course each achievement needs to be completed to graduate, in addition to the accumulated skill gains in Anatomy, Engineering and Geology.

8. umm what? Its not based on skill level for hunting, mining, or crafting now? I am so confused with this update :unsure:

Ah I see in your Guide now. So what is the level they have to attain? And can anyone be a disciple? Say I never had a mentor, could I be one and just have to reach the level needed on top of what I already have? Can I be a disciple even if I graduated before?

9. Tass

Tass Administrator

Not really, it's based on the progress of the disciple in the 3 skills (Anatomy, Engineering, Geology) during his discipleship, and it's the sum of skill gains in the 3 skills.

No specific level, it's depends on the level you have when you start as a disciple and based that level you need a sum of X skill gains in the 3 skills (Anatomy, Engineering, Geology)

It seems to be like that. And it seems your mentor just needs higher attributes than you, probably higher health.

Yes, that seem to be possible.

Go find a mentor and let us know how it works. ;)

10. Tass

Tass Administrator

Just added to the guide:

[​IMG]

So that might give a frist impression of what it takes to graduate. Maybe someone make some calculations.

11. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Well the difference in total in your screens is 24 points, if those points are 5.08% of the 100% than a 100% would be 472 points.

12. Tass

Tass Administrator

Yep, but it's not linear. Jedgre's skill thingie or our own is needed to calculate it. TT value of skills progress between 2850 and 2874. And that could be ~5% of total skill gain in TT value that is needed to graduate.

And after we know that, we go and put a how-much-do-I-need-to-gradute Tool on the wiki. Something similar to the one for calculating TT value of skill rewards in mission (http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Template:Skill_Reward_Evaluation), just with a form this time. ;)

Btw, this is our formula. It's free and open for anyone to use. Because [​IMG]!

{{#ifexpr: {{{Skill_Value_before_reward|}}} < 1000 and {{{Skill_Value_after_reward|}}} < 1000 | {{#expr: (((({{{Skill_Value_after_reward|}}} * ( 0.001 + 2.56*10^(-6)*{{{Skill_Value_after_reward}}} + cos (2*pi*{{{Skill_Value_after_reward}}}/600)/5000))+ ({{{Skill_Value_after_reward}}} * exp(0.00054208*{{{Skill_Value_after_reward}}}-6.2295)))/2) - ((({{{Skill_Value_before_reward}}} * ( 0.001 + 2.56*10^(-6)*{{{Skill_Value_before_reward}}} + cos (2*pi*{{{Skill_Value_before_reward}}}/600)/5000))+ ({{{Skill_Value_before_reward}}} * exp(0.00054208*{{{Skill_Value_before_reward}}}-6.2295)))/2) ) round 2 }} | {{#expr: (({{{Skill_Value_after_reward}}} * exp(0.00054208*{{{Skill_Value_after_reward}}}-6.2295)) - ({{{Skill_Value_before_reward}}} * exp(0.00054208*{{{Skill_Value_before_reward}}}-6.2295)) ) round 2 }} }}

13. that wall of math makes my head hurt. Never been much of a min/maxxer. I'll know when I graduate when the bar fills up and it goes "ding, you graduate!" No math required. I'm an enjoyer of games, not an accountant. When they come out with a MMORPG of sexy space accountants flying into battle with their actuarial psionic skills and razor-edged calculators, I'll check it out.

How much do you need to graduate? From there (points to one end of the progress bar) to there (other end.)

• Like Like x 2
  14. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

About this *indicates with fingers* much :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. I came off dismissive of people who like to calculate things and find the most efficient path, most eco approach to the goal at hand. I'm in a society with folks who are all about eco. There is a self-imposed challenge in trying to reverse engineer the code behind a game dynamic and some folks dig it, and I shouldn't snark.

Especially since I spent stupidly large pieces of time working out the astronomy of the Everquest II night sky. We all have our OCD of choice :)

16. Hi,

exactly what I searched for, thank you! Now I'm a bit less dumb :)

Have a good time!

PS: Wondering if it would make sense at all for me to accept a mentor now, never had one - but my skills in Anatomy, Geology and Engineering are just crawling up anymore ...

17. Tass

Tass Administrator

You could at least have 3 more achievements.

And since it's not really known yet how skill progess works you might be able to graduate easier than expected.

18. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

cool, there is allready some nice info about the new mentoring systems :)
    well done!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.