MindArk: MindArk/FPC/whatever refuses to acknowledge cooperation with PCF

Discussion in 'MindArk' started by Divide D. Impera, Feb 12, 2012.

1. I had a run in with the infamous asshole and notorious idiot 711 on Planet Calypso Forum resulting in my permanent ban. He isn't a big fan of being ridiculed publicly (I started a thread asking if MA really wanted him to represent them - are they idiots or what?) and is even a less of a bigger fan of that other people might have opinions that differs from his.

Apparently they are idiots. I'm so angry right now I don't know what to do with myself. I sent a support case to Planet Calypso support a few days ago about a security issue on my account connected to the event stated above (I will not go further into this subject), and I received a reply from the support that was clearly not written by the specific sender

I then wrote a new support case and I just received the same reply; like it was copy-pasted directly from my previous support case.

What they asked me to do was to contact the forum administrator on PCF with my "issue" (even though the issue is clearly and directly related to my account) which ironically enough is 711. I don't know if I should laugh or not but I'm about to hit a fist through my wall. I have deposited a lot of money into this game and I can't even receive proper support by the people whose paychecks I partly have helped to finance. How can they possibly show such disregard towards us as players? I am neither naively blue-eyed or a pessimist, but I refuse to believe that people can be so disrespectful.

In the support cases I sent I asked them about their connection with PCF; something they obviously refused to reply to. I could of course spam them with support cases - but to what purpose? They would probably spam the same reply back.

Anyhow, the shady relations between PCF and Planet Calypso (and MA) is probably going to continue being shady for a good long while as they refuse to shed light over the subject. They continue to finance a criminal and an idiot with absolutely no regard for other people's opinions. I guess this is where they'll stay for a while.

I think it's very sad to not receive the help I need from the support department. Like I've previously stated: I have deposited a lot of money into this game. I don't find it too much to ask when I'm in need of assistance.

So let's praise MA/FPC/AS gaming/whatever for their outstanding and notorious ways of completely disregarding their players. I don't know whether or not I should continue working on the Planet Calypso-project I'm currently committed to; nor do I know if I can stand opening the client loader ever again. Such disrespect from their side and we continue depositing and playing; thus they can continue to do whatever the they want - because I do not suffer the consequences necessary to change their wicked ways.

I'm disgusted.

EDIT: I just wanted to clarify that both the replies (it was the exact same reply) told me to contact 711 (the forum administrator via something on the forum (you don't need to register to that, I think)) even though I specifically told them it was the forum administrator I had a problem with. To be an official forum for Planet Calypso they sure don't take an official standpoint in this question. They should be ashamed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

do like me, dont go to pcf and just stay with us here on ep. But i agree, there is so much proof that 711 is not a very nice guy, i just dont understand why they do business with the guy.

3. 711 in the early stage of project entropia did a lot about publicity for that game. The relation about MA and "that guy" is closer more of what you can think.... at many levels. I will not comment about the 771 attitude..... he is what he is...an opinion about 711 is just a personal opinion at the end. But it s clear that FPC should run his own forum like any other planet and that MA should deal with FPC like any other planet...... and clearly is not the case. This is a shame.
    dc

• Like Like x 1
  4. RAZER

i could go on about this, but i have strong feeling that he did all the publicity to get more people to the forum so could get more money when selling it.

5. I don't go to PCF.

I think I do understand. Just like corrupt politicians MA can continue being corrupt because they do not suffer the consequences necessary by us, the players, to force forth a change among them.

I agree about an opinion on 711 is just an opinion, however, we are objectively talking about a criminal here. That's not an opinion - it's a fact. And the nature of his crime shows his lack of respect towards other people in general (we are after all not talking about a criminal whom robs a bank to later give the money to the poor people of ... whatever forest Robin Hood lived in).

6. Planet Calypso Forum, is privately owned and run by 711, so sending a support case to PE is laughable

Rgds

Ace

7. Yes, of course we should completely ignore the fact that MA has trademarked the site and that SEE owns the domain.

8. At the bottom of www.planetcalypsoforum.com it says:

"TM & ©2005 - 2012, PlanetCalypsoForum.com"

The legal notice page there contains data pertaining as to who owns the intellectual property "Planet Calypso", "MindArk", and "Entropia Universe" and does not claim ownership or even permission to use those intellectual properties on planetcalypsoforum.com.
    from
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/content.php?146-Legal-Notices

"Published on 01-27-2011 03:03

Planet Calypso is a trademark of MindArk PE AB in Sweden and/or other countries. All Rights Reserved.

MindArk and Entropia Universe are trademarks of MindArk PE AB in Sweden and/or other countries. All Rights Reserved.

All other copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners."

9. wow defence by legalese??

Legally Planet Claypso has to protect their trademarks or suffer the potential loss of said trademark. Obviously for game purposes it is an unstated license for trademark use in regards to said forum. As with any license rather stated or unstated there is always the ability to revoke a license.

I don't know anything about the situation you all are talking about but the legalese used for defence doesn't hold up water based on the various international trademark laws.

10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

hmmm... not going to pretend I followed the first post too well as is sorta skirted the issues a bit (I'm sure there is a good reason) but thats by the by. I thought that EntropiaForum was bought (as in for real cash) by SEE and turned into PCF. EF was shut down for a while then came back. I knew neomaven helped the transition over but didn't realise he was still running it. I thought he stuck to EF having made his money on PCF and it being no longer a going concern?

Wierd then that MA would not support their own forum. The only explanation I can give is that maybe MA didn't really want PC (ok we know they didn't, they sold the thing) and now they got it back the forum is a headache they'd rather let neomaven deal with?

Ah well, the thing I've learnt about forum's is that they go in cycles of where the IT crowd is. I don't think this is quite as true as it used to be as generally there is less bitching these days but yeh seems we are getting an influx of folks from PCF here now... such migrations used to be cause of too much bitching but now it seems to be due to the moderation...

I've had my own history of troubles with that on that forum too. Nothing too bad, a bit of being ms9'd and once had a bit of a blew with neo over me mentioning other games I think... but really I don't look badly on that. I've been in Entropia for 8 years now, it feels like a part of my life (ironically, my "second life" >_<) blews or bad feeling's I've had with folks in the past feel like play ground scraps I had at school. Not a great analogy but yeh, this is the internet, shit happens I guess...

Thanks for listening
    Wist

11. Maybe I recall wrong but was it not that the money never came tru that made the PCF go back to 711?

12. RAZER

Thats the sale of calypso to SEE that went like you said, not the sale of PCF to Mindark

13. What the hell... the topic is a year old!
    Leave it alone :/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.