MindArk: Mindark Makes It Easier To Play From Asia

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe in the Press' started by NotAdmin, Nov 5, 2012.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Sometimes one has to wonder if certain companies have nothing better to do than churning out press releases.

MindArk today thought they would announce it's now easier to play from Asia!

Source: http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bul...INDARK-MAKES-IT-EASIER-TO-PLAY-FROM-ASIA-.xml

2. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Actually, when reading the article, am I the only one who seems to think that it reads as if it was Arkadia Studios, rather than MindArk who set this up?

3. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

nope, looks like it to me too

4. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

:whistling: lol

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Seems worthy of a press release to me. You think not admin?

6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

7. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

8. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

To press release is to communicate.
    To communicate is to endeavor to do better.

To endeavor to do better is to succeed.

Therefore press release is valid :beerchug:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Easier to play... Doesn't surprise me tbh seeing as almost anywhere in Asia has better, faster Internet connections than we do. Not including Sweden of course :whistling:

10. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I agree with that, and actually welcome the improved communication. However, I do think that just sending out a press release at every possible occassion sort of dilutes the whole thing.

That way, when there really is something cool to notify the world about, people will just think "just another press release".

• Like Like x 1
  11. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

That is true as well but it's one of the few rare communications we get. We do now sometimes get Developer notes. It's all welcome.

Most of the time there is nothing all that "remarkable" in these press releases but they do tell us things that is not said in the release itself. For example this release to me explains the recent deposit issues some people have been having. It's likely that trying to allow for MOL deposits has had some teething issues for us normal players. Of course with time these issues would be sorted out but that's one of the unavoidable risks of such "upgrades" to software. Especially when it involves systems by diff companies. In this case probably DIBS (although I have no idea what that is). The problems may lie with DIBS rather than MA for all I know. I am totally ignorant on technically how they work so it's just "reasonable guesswork". So could be wrong.

12. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

well in that case I think maybe its a bit more relevant than we in the west think.. For example if MA announced support for Paypal I'd say that was pretty news worthy. I know nothing of that provider but its probably big news for folks who use it.

These also don't represent major changes for game play or tech but they are significant finance/security changes I imagine especially given how MA are always very into making sure stuff if done securely. I'm not really sure I'm against anything they have released really as a press statement. Tbh any news from MA is always welcome as they are traditionally so damn cagey.

Case in point, the avatar update and the vu that never was.... not to mention Cyrene, the planet that never was ;)

Wistrel

13. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

South Korea would definitely be Asia. And wow. If Diablo 3 was altered due to the gambling laws, it is going to be interesting to see what happens with EU. In D3 one does not have to spend money to obtain loot...

14. narfi

narfi Lost

But technically you don't in EU either.... Something I experienced with a lot of fun for the first 6 months I played.

15. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

How would one get a weapon and ammo to start hunting for free?

16. try the gateway mission. It won't get you far, but I think there is a little hunting involved up there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.