Mindark now doing video adverts on youtube (new?)

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Wistrel, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Hello,

Thought I'd post this as I've never seen one before. Just got played a video advert for entropia on youtube. I'm afraid I couldn't work out how to identify the video source but the advert top right of youtube was for this url. Note the referal code: gaabtest1 The advert appeared before a starcitizen video made by Entropian MrSausageFingers

https://www.entropiauniverse.com/?c...myQGrsTwA2BSO7eUoDvU6BWMc2M0WAjhoCDF0QAvD_BwE

• Like Like x 1
  2. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

lol. MindArk is doing an advertisement campaign *now*? Shortly after the DannyO incident, and right in the middle of the Yog scandal? I bet newcomers will be absolutely thrilled when they read that the developer of the game a misleading ad drew them into are utterly incompetent, but of course they will still pump their hard-earned cash into it.

I guess some new blood will be needed to replace the depositors who are so fed up with the Swedish clownsquad that they ceased to deposit, or are selling out altogether. Surely this is yet another worthy investment of the revenue created by their slot machine.

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

About the code.... not necessarily his? I don't know if people have that much "control" over what adverts appear on their videos... or do they? I'm guessing more likely it would be someone else making an advert video and paying for it to play as a standard advert before other people's videos and the advertising to link goes to Entropia via their referral code?

So it might not even be MA doing it...? Maybe whoever made the video thought they could make more mullah back from whatever MA give you for signups, than what they outlay on the advertising charge.

What we need to know, is who made the video. It didn't look super professional... sorta semi. I don't think the video is on MA's official channel though... or rather I didn't spot it at first glance.

I have a feeling there is a way to work out the "home" of an advertising video as I'm fairly certain I've done it before... I just need to remember how...

Wistrel

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

yeh it might not be MA (given the referral code). I'll keep an eye out for the same video again. Most YT adverts hit me over and over again so with luck I'll see it again. I've had that before with MA "picture adverts" before - i.e. I tend to see a run of them (probably because I click on them haha).

Watch this space... I'll let you know

Wistrel

5. Tass

Tass Administrator

You can't control what ads are showing on your videos.

You don't do pre-roll ads if you don't have a product optimized for mobile devices. CTRs are terrible. Noobs.

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

CTR?

7. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Click-Through-Rates

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

10. Thats one of the "winners" from the screenshot contest.

11. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

oh yeh! I had a niggly feeling I'd seen it before thanks!

12. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

The random use of capital letters reminds me of the writing style of a particular PP who claimed to live forever.

13. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Ever considered a career in that thing about analysing people's writing? :D (but indeed those are odd uses of capital letters).

14. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

lol. It just stuck out to me before when we did interviews with ND. Random words in the stuff he wrote would be capitalized. Just like in this piece.

• Useful Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.