Selling Mayhem Trauma Amplifier 3, MM Twen Edition, Sand Stormer + more

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GeorgeSkywalker, May 16, 2023.

1. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Nightcrawler

2. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Which film is this?

Beeze Dwyer: I'm hungry.
    Jack Dwyer: Hi Hungry, I'm Dad.
    Lucy Dwyer: Not funny.
    Jack Dwyer: I'm not Funny, I'm Dad.
    Lucy Dwyer: Still not funny.

Director John Erick Dowdle
    Writers John Erick Dowdle, Drew Dowdle
    Stars Lake Bell, Pierce Brosnan, Owen Wilson

In their new overseas house, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape from an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed.

3. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

No Escape

4. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

EMT kit Ek-2600, Modified has been moved to in game auction

Which film is this?

[first title cards]
    Title Card: In 1941, three men walked out of the Himalayas into India. / They had survived a 4000 mile walk to freedom. / This film is dedicated to them.

Director Peter Weir
    Writers Peter Weir, Keith R. Clarke, Slavomir Rawicz
    Stars Jim Sturgess, Ed Harris, Colin Farrell

Siberian gulag escapees travel four thousand miles by foot to freedom in India.

5. San

San

6. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

I was going to use that one later. That's a great movie. I couldn't remember the name of it but your link helped. There are probably other versions. This is 2001 I saw:

There are at least two other movies I've seen with similarities i.e. escaping from a russian prison camp (in freezing conditions) via various routes to a safe(r) country.

My brother has read the book on this story or maybe similar one. He told me loads of info, mo0st of which I have forgotten. He had researched into things like how accurate or true the story was.

I'll ask him about it next time I see him (if I remember that is).

• Like Like x 1
  7. San

San

I only ever saw the older, 6-part TV version. I remember it as a powerful drama and the book was recommended by grown-ups with stern looks on their faces, but not much outside of SF made it on my reading list at the time. Should actually amend that, hence thanks for the idea.

Edit: I should have used this link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_Far_as_My_Feet_Will_Carry_Me_(TV_series)
    The other one was the Wikipedia page about the book which has no English version and it didn't occur to me to check above. Would have been fewer clicks than the Google translation.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Outside of Germany not many would have seen the TV version. The film I linked above I've seen it on TV here in UK at least twice so probably been on more than that.

Having said that in todays age we have many TV channels now as opposed to three channels at one time in the past. With the growth of the number of channels perhaps one day we may have a channel dedicated old European tv series. We already have that as part of BBC and Channel 4 where they show current European tv drama. Since we can also watch them online these days there are a lot of interesting tv series e.g. Borgen, the bridge. Borgen I particularly liked as it had a captivating storyline. I've seen a few others but forget their names.

Would be interesting if the tv version of as far as my feet will carry me made it onto BBCi player or Channel 4's Walter Presents. I think that's wishful thinking though as they only have current tv series...

9. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

oh I forgot good old YouTube has a lot of free movies and tv shows these days. All legal and above board as the channels that buy the rights to show them and make money from adverts. So it may be on there. I'll try and see if I can find it :)

I've seen some other international foreign movies on youtube as well. It's not bad these days...

ok scratch that idea :)
    It's impossible to find anything that you want to find sometimes! (perhaps it's not there)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  10. San

San

A number of items that used to be freely available for years are gone, e.g. Trolljegeren (Troll Hunters), a pretty cool not-so-old Norwegian movie with english subs. I think Netflix acquired it.

But if what you're looking for is older, out of reach or no use for the copyright gobbling monsters, you just need to know what to search for. There is everything from the outright brilliant to trash cult. E.g. -

(Anything but "The Sound of Music", please :S)

I would also heartily recommend the entire Heinz Rühmann collection, but sadly it never got subbed in English, that would have been valuable because they're so full of gems hidden in subtlety. You can try with the auto-generated CC translation but I don't know if it's intelligible.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6aPSX2Rv1r1rG-xW5og5mWVTl3q4q-mH

... and sorry for going off on a tangent in your sales thread... helpless memory lane downslide :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

The sound of music you say...hmmm did I tell you about this great movie....
    :D

Don't worry about going of tangent it's been nice remembering some of the old films/tv series.

I must be rubbish at searching things. I only find things on youtube by accident mostly.

Thanks for that link. I'll look into some of those and let you know if the auto generated CC was any good

and finally the answer to the last puzzle:
    The Way Back

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Which film is this?

Jules Myers: You're going to sue one of the world's biggest insurance companies?
    Steve Meyers: Well, apparently I wouldn't stand a chance - I'm suin' God.

---------------------------------------

Steve Meyers: So if God does exist, the Churches must be liable.
    Anna Redmond: And the churches can only win the case if they prove God does not exist.
    Steve Meyers: [laughs] Do you want to tell them?

Director Mark Joffe
    Writers Don Watson, John Clarke, Patrick McCarville
    Stars Billy Connolly, Judy Davis, Colin Friels

An ex lawyer now fisherman sees his fishing boat sunk by a lightning. His insurance company claims "Act of God". Sue the insurance company or God/churches?

13. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

The Man Who sued God

14. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Which film is this?

Sintara Golden: Potential is what people see when they think what's in front of them isn't good enough.

Director Cord Jefferson
    Writers Cord Jefferson, Percival Everett
    Stars Jeffrey Wright, Tracee Ellis Ross, John Ortiz

A novelist who's fed up with the establishment profiting from Black entertainment uses a pen name to write a book that propels him into the heart of the hypocrisy and madness he claims to disdain.

15. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

American Fiction

16. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Which film is this?

Heinrich Dorfmann: Mr. Towns, you behave as if stupidity were a virtue. Why is that?

Director Robert Aldrich
    Writers Lukas Heller, Elleston Trevor
    Stars James Stewart, Richard Attenborough, Peter Finch

After an oil company plane crashes in the Sahara, the survivors are buoyed with hope by one of the passengers, an airplane designer who plans for them to build a flyable plane from the wreckage.

17. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

The Flight of the Phoenix

18. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Which film is this? (This is one of the best movies I've ever seen. The real jaw dropping plot twist will leave you amazed! This is a Spanish mystery thriller film and has spawned six remakes in different languages)

Virginia Goodman: Your testimony has holes, and I need details. Plausibility is based on details. I can use them to convince the world that you're innocent. I assure you, I can do it.

Director Oriol Paulo
    Writers Oriol Paulo, Lara Sendim
    Stars Mario Casas, Ana Wagener, Jose Coronado

A successful entrepreneur accused of murder and a witness preparation expert have less than three hours to come up with an impregnable defense.

19. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

The Invisible Guest
    Trailer

The movie
    (Remember to turn on subtitles and translate to your language in settings)

20. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Eir Mk 1 Price Reduced
    Some other items moved to in game auction. See opening post for details.

Which film is this?

Hoke Colburn: [Hoke walks in, Boolie and Daisy are there to confront him about a missing can of salmon] Mornin', Miss Daisy. I think it's gettin' ready to clear up out there! Oh, 'scuse me, Mr. Werthan!
    Boolie Werthan: Hoke, I think we're gonna have to have a little talk.
    Hoke Colburn: All right, sir. Just let me get outta my coat.
    [pauses, then turns to Daisy]
    Hoke Colburn: Oh, Miss Daisy, yesterday, while you was out visitin', I went and ate a can of your salmon. Now, I know you said eat the left-over pork chops, but they was kinda stiff. So, I stopped at the Piggly Wiggly and got you another can. You want me just to go on and put it in the cupboard?
    Daisy Werthan: [embarrassed] Yes, that'll be fine... thank you, Hoke. Well, I guess I'd better get dressed now!

Director Bruce Beresford
    Writer Alfred Uhry
    Stars Morgan Freeman, Jessica Tandy, Dan Aykroyd

An old Jewish woman and her African-American chauffeur in the American South have a relationship that grows and improves over the years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.