Mr Wilco, set course for Planet Sierra!

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EntropiaPlanets, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Mr Wilco, set course for Planet Sierra!

Fresno, California, April 2015 - You loved Police Quest, Space Quest, Quest for Glory and other classic Sierra games of the 80s and 90s? The good news is that they will be brought back to life as a result of a partnership between the Sierra Classics Heritage Fund and the Swedish game developer MindArk.

The classic environments of these games, their remarkable characters and their elaborated puzzles will be launched on a planet inside of Entropia Universe, the multi-gaming platform that MindArk develops and operates. The name of the planet will be... Planet Sierra!. There you'll be able to meet Roger Wilco, King Graham, and last but not least Larry.

"I always loved Leisure Suit Larry, it's certainly the video game character I sympathize with the most", says David Simmonds, MindArk's Chief Partnership Officer. "The Larry environment will be a great addition to Entropia Universe and I hope to make it a 'matter of the boss' if I find the time between managing all the other exciting upcoming partnerships.

Creating your own avatar inside Entropia Universe you can join the inhabitants of Planet Sierra in old and new adventures. You'll be able to operate vehicles, hunt, mine and craft and to tame wild animals. You can even own your plot of land on Planet Sierra and influence its future through an elaborated citizenship political system.

"We always wanted to preserve the look and feel of our old classic adventures, that's the main purpose of our foundation", says Roberta Williams of the Sierra Classics Heritage Fund. "Nowadays we are simply too busy with the reboot of King's Quest to look into the task ourselves, so we are happy that MindArk will take care of our classics and will bring them back to life. Future is brighter than ever for Planet Sierra."

Plant Sierra is scheduled for release in Fall 2015. Regular updates will be available from the upcoming website: http://www.planetsierra.com

About MindArk PE AB
    MindArk develops, operates, markets and provides Entropia Universe. MindArk is based in Gotenborg, Sweden and has 80 employees. Additional information about MindArk PE AB is available at http://www.Mindark.com
    ENTROPIA UNIVERSE® and MINDARK® are registered trademark of MindArk PE AB. MindArk supports and monitors the services and maintenance of the Entropia Universe platform.

About Entropia Universe
    Entropia Universe was launched in January 2003 and has grown to more than 950,000 registered accounts from over 200 countries. It is the only virtual universe with a true Real Cash Economy (RCE). The currency, Project Entropia Dollars (PED), has a fixed exchange rate of 10:1 with the U.S. Dollar. The business model is unique as it is based on micropayments, meaning that the client software is free to download from the Internet, and there are no monthly subscription fees, thus Entropia Universe provides a way for new players to immediately start exploring without having to deposit money. Virtual funds acquired in Entropia Universe can easily be exchanged and then withdrawn into real-world funds. The business model has been very successful; The 2009 turnover of Entropia Universe topped $422,000,000 U.S.
    For more information, visit http://www.entropia-universe.com
    Entropia Universe © 2015 is created and owned by MindArk PE AB. All rights reserved.

About Sierra Classics Heritage Fund
    Sierra Entertainment is an American video-game developer and publisher founded in 1980 as On-Line Systems by Ken and Roberta Williams. Based in Oakhurst, California and later in Fresno, California, the company is owned by Activision, a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard. In 2012 Ken and Roberta Williams have founded the Sierra Classics Heritage Fund to preserve and cultivate the heritage of Sierra's Classic adventures with the help of thousands of donators, among them icons like Peter Molyneux. http://www.planetsierra.com

Planet-Sierra-EntropiaPlanets.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. lol, I wonder how this one will turn out. I guess we'll have to wait and SEE. :wink:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

On April fools day? Not likely! :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Hehe ... April! April!
    But Planet "Monkey Island" would be cool ... they could recycle Neverdie's extra part at Next Island.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I still think it sounds cooler than anything we currently have. :laugh: Just saying...I'd actually play that! :lolup:

• Like Like x 2
  6. and bring vixen androids for a special Leisure Suit Larry mission chain

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ... b, b, but it just might be true :eek (2):

• Like Like x 1
  8. Could be who else could give MA ComPets?:geek:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Sound reasoning! :biggrin:

10. I was working with Mindark and Sierra in mid 2014 and already released the 1st trailer for the MMO in mid 2014 :

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Amber Knightley

Amber Knightley I see dead people.

LOL, Leisure Suit Larry, that would be awesome!

Who owns the planetsierra domain? Looks like it has been around for a year now.
    And it was updated in time for the first of April, wonder if it was prepared for Aprils foul already last year :D

12. jim_T

jim_T Disturbed veteran

ah man, too evil...I was like...omfg YES!...then checking date...evil bastards!!!! :disgust:

...it´s been said before, but u my good man are nothing but a pure genius! :beer:

13. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Big question is, how much of this is actually true ?

14. Take the red pill ?

15. And this is what started Planet Sierra, their latest server acquisition situated somewhere unknown. Notice how it's portable so they can do a quick get away in case they're raided again at the behest of M$.
    [​IMG]

• Hussked Hussked x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Monolith burger lol!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. dalewj

dalewj StoryTeller/Nerd/Gamer

Yep you had to boot that baby on diskettes. didn't have a hard drive. But it was portable (And 35 lbs). the good ol days

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The good old days when a portable computer was just that.. where now a days people look at you oddly when you call that small little laptop a portable computer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I had one similar called Osborne II back in the 80s and it was running on M$-DOS at the time. The 5.25" floppy disks were 320KB each :eek (2):

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  20. Too true. On a similar note, my nephew in his 16th year can't get used to my desktop/tower pc and it's not that old, to me anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.