MSM MS9's Final - "EU State of Mind"

Discussion in 'MindStar Media' started by MindStar9, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Calin

Calin Due for an Ultra-Uber Loot.

Ed, I hope your comment on positive flow is based on something solid that you as a PP know that we just haven't heard yet! I want MS9 back in EU along with many other wonderful people who have left because of MA.

2. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Thanks Curd, but I don't think my spirit will ever leave the universe. It's just been too much a part of me for far too long, and MS9 is an adventurous soul, so perhaps she'll find peace in one way or another, but will definitely not continue as she has been, that is for certain. The only thing I am certain of, is that writing will always be my first passion, and I'm sure I will pursue that in one form or another. Don't know when or in what capacity, but I'll figure it out. For now, I'm going to enjoy the fresh air, and complete some RL projects. :)

Thanks Xandra, and sorry to hear about your wall of text disappearing. I know how frustrating that is, because it's happened to me, only not at this forum. I've always been a fan of your posts, because they're always well thought out and you make no bones about what you have to say. Your most recent post at PCF is a great example of this. Thank you for your support over the years as well, it meant a lot. I wish you the very best as well.

Well now, what can I say about you MM, other than you are a master sleuth in uncovering and presenting information from places that I don't think many of us would even think of exploring - you've amazed me many times. I can appreciate your dog with a bone approach because you want to share data that's relevant, and even though I haven't agreed with everything you've done, I still respect the fact that your self-designed missions always seem to have an underlying for the sake of the community theme. Your approach may not always be kosher, but I feel your heart is in the right place. I wish you success with whatever cause you take on, because if there's one thing I know for sure, you will be thorough, and will leave no stone unturned. Oh, and ... the year and a half thing is not on the calendar. ;)

You're very welcome Ant, and I hope that things get sorted for the Hangar Owners eventually. Maybe MindArk is giving more thought to it and you will see some changes in August after they're back from vacation.

Thank you for the music track, especially from such a back in the day icon - it was certainly a walk down memory lane. And thank you also for the books - I read quite a few pages from 2 of the author's offerings and really enjoyed his style of writing. One of the things I find incredibly convenient, is that I can actually download books like these onto my Kindle if I should choose to. That way I can carry my library with me and open it up whenever and wherever. :)

I wish you and the other Hangar Owners the best in your quest to resolve any outstanding issues.

Well Mac, we go back a long way as well, don't we. :) Thank you for your most exquisite well wishes. You have always been a class act, and you have been missed for a while too, so nice to see you surface again. :)

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

To MS9

Seeya Space Cowboy....

I said some other stuff before anyhow... haha I like you are in the Bar with McCormmick... Which one? Was there a specific final logging off watering hole?

I REALLY need to get round to posting that story/scene I wrote years ago about languishing in the bar at Zych during my three year break from EU... think you might like it ;)

To Kira

HIYA!!!! =D

Finally...

MY GOD WAS THAT NOGGIN!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! HOLY MOLEY LOOTIUS ON A STICK HE'S ALIVE!!!! ;)

Wistrel

4. MindStar9

How about we first change that to "Space Cowgirl" :D

Yes, being in the bar with McCormick is a laugh a minute for sure, but at times becomes incredibly nostalgic, so we end up with tears in our Beers now and then. And no, there's really no final logging off watering hole, but rather a virtual meet-up in the vastness of space that finds us comrades. I think the one common theme that runs through our veins is that we love Entropia Universe, and have always wished for the best.

Yes, please do post your story about the bar at Zychion, I would love to read it.

And to confirm ... yes, that's NOGGIN, and I was just as surprised as you when he showed up in the thread, but Noggin and I go way back as well, and I finally found a few photos.

MS9 & Noggin
    CND Launch Day - Dec 19, 2005

MS9-Noggin-CND-Launch-121905.jpg

MS9-Noggin-CND-Launch-2-121905.jpg

Noggin at Twin Peaks

NogginAtTwin.jpg

There are a few gentlemen in our universe who can sport the pink and purple and look incredibly amazing, and Noggin was one of them. He was always fashion forward and not afraid to flash his flare.

And the beat goes on. :)

5. the fun i had with you was wonderful
    HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Hmm... I fear I may have forever alienated Noggin... I threw him up against a wall and shouted "take aim!!" on another forum. I did it in his best interests (a sorta kill or cure/cruel to be kind plan) but I don't think it had the desired effect...

He spat back and has kinda been missing ever since...

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

PS had no idea he was MR PINK!!! :D

8. MindStar9

I think Noggin was the original "Mr Pink" ... because we've had a couple after that as well, if not more. One in particular is certainly Kimmi, and I even did a Who's Who profile on him too, so obviously we have a few guys who aren't afraid to flaunt their pink, and look good doin' it. :D

Here's one of my favorite artists, as well as one of my favorite tracks that was posted by someone in the Kimmi Who's Who profile - it was the first time I was exposed to this artist and I fell in love with him immediately - if you're not familiar with him, then definitely check him out - he ROCKS - his "Butterfly" track is sexy as hell :p:

9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

10. Indeed we do, I've got lots of good memories from those days :)

It is my pleasure, I've been where you are now, I'm really still there, so I understand, and wish you all the best, you will be missed.

I'm sure you'd get some disagreement on the class act thing from a lot of folks around PE, but they can kiss the south end of a northbound mule for all I care lol..

I had to come back to spend time with my dear Jessica. She knows this game and isn't interested in learning another, she has accepted MA for who they are and what they do, so here we are. If it was't for her, I surely would not be here :)

oh, and /wave @ Noggin ( aka Hector Greenspan :P )

11. Mega

Mega Chaotic Good

I felt I had to say something here and I understand to a certain extent why you'd post on one forum and not on another.

You, MS9, like I, have quit Entropia at least once before and came back. I actually have done it twice, including the whole chip out skills biz, each time I consider I came back stronger and (maybe) wiser.

I don't know if you chipped out last time you quit - no shame in that - do you intend to chip down to 95 hp (attribs make it hard to go lower)?

As someone who has been around 5 years, make sure this is what you want to do, and be very sure - and have a replacement virtual world as a backup should you need it.

But as every item in your inventory sells and the skills are stripped away, if you don't get a pang, keep going, you are probably doing the right thing. You can always come back - you wont forget your login details.

Whatever you decide to do, farewell, and prosper. :)

12. MindStar9

Thanks for your insight Mega, it's appreciated. :)

I have in the past reduced activity to next to nothing, and even taken breaks but never completely left the universe. I also have never chipped in or out and don't plan on doing so this time either. I will not be playing my MS9 avatar, but then I haven't actually "played" her for several years, and just focused on my media work.

I just wanted to make it clear once again, that MS9 as this universe has experienced her for 6+ years has ended. I don't think I've logged into EU since the day I started this thread. I still have my purple fleet I need to decide what I'm going to do with, but for now, I have no other reason to log in, and won't.

However, I will continue to be an observer to see how this universe continues to unfold. I have a lot of faith in Dave (Ozi) with where he's headed with Arkadia, and definitely a lot of faith in Ed with his vision for Cyrene, so it will be interesting to see where these two planet partners direct their energies. There's also Theryon Wars by Pyxel Arts, the Spanish planet partner, and so far, they have a great start interacting with this community here at EP as well, so they too may be someone else to watch closely.

At any rate ... I have always loved the concept of PE/EU, and have always said I loved this universe, so I would definitely love to see it succeed. The future will determine that though, to whatever degree it's ultimately achieved, and ... for the good of the universe, I hope it all turns out for the best.

My virtual family of 6+ years and I still play other games and enjoy ourselves, so there's still a nice diversion.

13. I have decided that the chains to MS9 will stay in place, Muhahahaha

You are staying with me my love, no two ways about it :p

:)

Hugs and never lets go.
    Me Viper sniper :)

PS. Please come join me in CB5 powa against Corns, I am going crazy trying to finish the mission lol :D

14. MindStar9

You have to know I totally adore you my friend. :)

Just as an FYI though, I can't be locked up in just any ol' chains ya know! ;)

MS9-GoldenChains.JPG

And speaking of chains ... this track pretty much sums up my relationship with EU, and maybe might have relevance for a few others as well, except the dynamics would be bound (used that word intentionally) from a personal experience perspective. We can all leave whenever we want, but there's that haunting love affair that just doesn't let us get too far outside the gate. That's why some of us continually reinvent ourselves - even if it means a more obscure place in the universe - it's still the universe. :)​

15. I grasp to find the words to answer this thread.. :(

We have "known" each other for quite some years and it saddens me to see you finally take the step that many of us think about doing... As we have discussed from time to time, i am also trying to find the last straws to keep me ingame.

EU has changed so much in the years since i started my journey in PE back in the days and many friends have already left. Seeing you leave, ( i never thought you would make this drastic decision since you are part of so much history with all the stories etc. ) saddens me greatly.

I´ve always seen you as a great friend even though we have only chatted from time to time..

Tears in my eyes! (yeah i know, i´m a softie) :)

You will leave a big hole that can´t be filled...

Many hugs and best wishes on your continous journey elsewhere..

//SM

16. MindStar9

Yes, we have been friends for many years, and while we may not have connected so much in-world, our chats and communication exchanges have been quite special, so thank you very much for being such a wonderful supporter of my activities and contributions for all this time. I will keep in touch. :)

You are right, there is quite the history for MS9, and I used her as a vehicle to present our universe in as many ways as I possibly could, along with doing my share of community-building, which I felt was critical to keep everyone engaged in some way, but then ... there are so many others who do the same with their creativity.

I think what's sad for me, is that the efforts of all of these people over the years have basically gone unrecognized, except for a few major annual events where items are donated, or a select group chosen to receive special armor. There are so many that go way beyond just these singled-out activities, and I don't think a public recognition or thank you would have been unreasonable. I'm not talking about a post here and there where so many may not catch it, but rather a true celebration of so many who put forth unending donated hours of their time to help support the growth of our community, not to mention the entertainment value.

There are many running event businesses, others who consistently help and support new players, radio DJ's who get creative with their parties, and all those providing services that make our time in EU so much more convenient and enjoyable. A simple thank you from the developer now and then would go a long-ass way to keep the troops motivated and inspired.

Communication is so key, and why Dave (Ozi) and his team are so successful with the players, and why they have gained so much support. It's what we've been asking for from the beginning. I can't wait until Cyrene gets here, because I have no doubt that it too will continue to be the same type of information flow as well.

At any rate, this universe will always be special to me, and especially the community, because as far as I'm concerned, it's the community that represents the grandest asset, and the community who should be held in more esteem.

And PS to MindArk ... please stop sending me emails about not logging in for a while ... I don't think it's even been a month yet. I got the email yesterday and signed in for 10 seconds last night, so I hope that will hold you for a while.

17. Hi,

That's something to keep in mind. It's not MA alone anymore, there's now Planet Partners coming up. SEE took the easy way out, but the others might be bolder.
    We all know how good MA is in honoring it's promises, and what a quality of service they usually deliver ...

These planet partners now might have invested quite some money, and if their platform partner doesn't work as specified, and if their investment is endangered thereof, they might come together and discuss approbate action - I'd could imagine quite some ways to solve such a problem.

So I'd agree to not chipping/ selling out completely. Maybe selected, expendable stuff, to raise some money and to set a sign with a withdrawal. But I'd keep my skills, and most of my gear, so that I'd be able to come back sometimes. The world is turning fast these days, and crazy things are happening all over the place.

Hey, a great cover of a great artist comes to mind:

Again my best wishes, and who knows, maybe we'll meet again once in the future ;-)

Have a good time!

18. Hi MS9 and others that have walked the dirt of Calypso.

I've been around since 2005 and never made any big noise out of me.
    I have mostly played the game as a low/mid level player and read the forums but almoste never made any comments.
    (I still have http://entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org/phpBB2/ in my bookmarks ;), first forum i found).

Even if I never meet any the people here ingame it's like i know you somehow (through the forums) and it really feels like loosing a friend when someone leaves.
    Wish you (MS9) and the rest of ex-players all good and happiness in the future, I'm thinking of join you at the bar :).

I want to dedicade this song to PE (yea, i still call it project entropeda) and say i miss pre VU10 as it was funnier IMO back then.

(Do i have to mention that english ain't my native ​​languages? sorry for bad spelling and or gramma)

19. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

never mind

20. Mmmmm what to say lol

The only thing keeping people ingame sometimes is friends. Many have considered leaving and several actually have, but after some time there's a chance they will feel this void. Especially after years of being here and from time to time they sneak back in-game again ;p

Mindstar you know... Oleg is planning to organize another boxing competition this year again and you should be part of that just like you were before or it just won't be as fun ;) Would miss the purple inspiration!

Well I hope you change your mind, but if not I will still wish you all the best anyways!

Hugs!,
    Gallly

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.