My two cents

Discussion in 'Next Island community' started by Softhart, Oct 9, 2010.

1. I do not like the way this forum is set up. BUt Can't wait to get into the game :)

2. Fox

Fox

dito... :p

3. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

So far it has been a learning challenge but I have made some head way and can say its not too bad!! :D

4. Just like everything, change takes time to get use to :) So far it looks like I will be using that "What's New" link alot :) Cause the forum main page is just........um don't like the setup.

5. Fox

Fox

Yes, very true. The main page is not very clearly represented... It is big, yeah, but...

But alas, it will take just some time to get adapted.

6. Yeah its too much spaced out. I don't want to sit there and scroll thur all that. And no profile pics showing?

7. Fox

Fox

Hm, I asked this via PM two Admins - CPH and Matt. If there is no Avatar pic possible.

Didn't get an answer yet... :confused:

8. Has the option there but no way to add one. Have a profile pic too, but haven't figured out where it shows

9. Fox

Fox

That's simple, Softhart. This picture shows "normally" yourself and is shown only on your profile page. So click on your name left of your post and then View Profile. There you can see it...

But I don't know, why I should use my real life picture here. So I added my avatar pic... :p

10. Yeah I have no idea what Neverdie studio's was thinking with this forum layout.
    They should stop trying to be original and just use what most efficient and neat.

11. I quite like the template this forum is set on, the same as Rocktropia's forum. Making replies is easy, and finding sections is easy. A new colour scheme more suited to Next Island would be cool though!

12. Count me a another user who will probably rely on "whats new?" rather than navigating through the forum menu. Maybe I will change my old habits in time.

13. Fox

Fox

The colour is not the problem. But why should the RT forum be so good? Why not the original? PCF? That would be more clearly in finding new Posts...

@ Great Dane: Veeeeeeeeery true! In the beginning I hoped, that the <new> tags next to the subforum names would be helpfull, but alas, they aren't... So New Posts are the best way at the moment...:rolleyes:

14. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I have to agree about the style of the forum, and it is just like the template that is used with ROCKtropia, which I found rather unusual. Quite some time ago, I even asked about it (ROCKtropia forum) when the change was made from what it was, which was rather nice in style at the time, and I really didn't get an answer that explained the decision to make the change.

This design isn't compact and as comfortable to navigate like those we are used to, nor does functionality present a more user-friendly experience, but I guess it's like anything else that deviates from what our usual experiences are ... it takes time to find the groove.

With all due respect, I think each planet partner game forum should have a very distinct style and flavor to it, and not a copy/paste environment. Each site should have more of a planet-related theme, and not just a faded photo background. Even the color pallet seems to be the same for ROCKtropia and Next Island. These sites should be unique.

No disrespect to the Admins whatsoever ... I'm happy to be here and contribute, but I'm also one who will offer a constructive opinion. I wish you the best, and I look forward to seeing what's next ...

15. Fox

Fox

You mean... pink? :p

But why not???

16. Enzo

Enzo Next Island Manager

Hey all the Matt admin account is me. It was setup before I could create the Marius ID. So please send to Marius (not Matt)

17. Fox

Fox

Okay. Thanks for the info! :D

18. MindStar9

Pink? ... I'm not getting the connection, sorry.

19. Fox

Fox

:o Oops... Sorry. It was purple, right?

*ducks and runs*

20. MindStar9

I kinda figured that's where you were going, but nah ... I have enough purple in my life, so change is nice. While I'm partial to purple, I like all colors of the rainbow.

Now on-topic ... it would be nice to see less pastel shades, and more solid and strong colors ... perhaps a more brilliant-colored background from a more vibrant part of Next Island. There are lots of great photos posted on the EP Wiki page for Next Island as examples of what's available, and I'm sure there is lots more to choose from.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.