My view on the SEE planets

Discussion in 'SEE' started by RAZER, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Kay Jones

Kay Jones who?

Planet Marvel :bigsmile: With instanced "dungeons" for all the super bad guys ;)

2. Dab

Dab

Harry Potter
    Planet of the Apes
    Jurassic Park
    Dune

The theme needs to be iconic for it to work I think. Also, not done to death by other mmo's, AND HAVE GAMEPLAY.

I don't see any way Mindark could ever implement anything on a short time schedule the size they are now. So making temporary planets to coincide with movie releases is a pipedream. They would also have to actually test their product extensively and make it so you don't have to be technically savvy to keep the game running after every update.

I think I saw somewhere in here that SEE eventually plans to do 3 planets per year? They might want to find another provider if that's the case.

I hate to say this, but a lot of this stuff announced by all the planet partners just looks like them getting investors for products/ROI's which they can never deliver. I cynically eqaute them to the internet bubble and televangilists. I'm sure the top dogs at MA and the planet partner execs will get rich from their salaries, but the investors - not so much.

They have to have investors, SEE especially, since they are paying for the rights and paying their employees with no income from the projects since they started.

MA has only released one [STRIKE]continent[/STRIKE] planet so far and it has been less than expected as far as I can tell. My guess is that ND nearly broke himself waiting for MA to make it live.

Social planet themes: (mostly joking about these, but I wonder if MA would turn down the Vatican?)

Strawberry Fields
    FaceWorld
    The Holy SEE
    GLBT Planet
    GOAL!!!

Project Entropia (I dare someone to submit this proposal to MA) :)

3. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

I have my doubts to, but IF ma has everything set up the way they want in about a year (mission system, event system, all the old stuff back etc.) they creating a planet will be all up to the planet partners and I'm guessing they can work a heck of a lo faster then MA or FPC did in the last few years, mainly because they will then have a 'template' for them to work from. And I'm guessing if MA will actually get some customers (to me FPC and RT are not customers, but still part of MA) they will HAVE to move a bit faster then they do now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.