ROCKtropia: Never Dead?

Discussion in 'ROCKtropia' started by mastermesh, Aug 1, 2020.

1. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ture-of-planet-rocktropia.276290/post-3711471

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Dare I say it he seems to have matured and be more sensible now

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nah lol...hes making less money, his team got let go...hes pissed because he turned into one of those blind-partner-sheeps and non of his bullshit "ideas" ever worked out...never ever....this all turned into serious pile of horsesh!t by now...enjoy the truth, while Neverdie tries to act "matured and sensible" now, so that more people wont stop believing into Rocktropia...embarassing...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. I dont agree with you.
    Rocktropia is a great place for many activities, and NeverDie was smart enough to not let Mind-Dark impose their changing rules which suit Mind-Dark only in a total lack of respect for the so called "Universe" partners (as long as he could, because once Mind-Dark modifies the game-code, you are fucked anyway, and Mind-Dark behaved the same way toward the players since day 1). Everything is made to force the players to stay on calypso and the looting space owned by Mind-Dark and the "pirates = MA employees" using space Mind-Dark exploits for sure dramatically helped to kill the planet partners and their investments, exactly the same way they created Owned Land Areas on Amethera and then killed the owners by spawning herds of mobs on caly non-taxed areas, in the totally disgusting swedish tradition to be fucking dishonnest people in a high quality to ruin partners investments.

That's in Mind-Dark that people should stop believing.
    But after now 17 years, nothing will change (and the main scammer already left the boat with gold bags)...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. No need to agree with me.

ND is / just means business. This time he tries the "I matured" scenario.
    Ive read this stuff a dozens times by now.

RT could have been really made a difference with the Michael Jackson deal...maybe...than again, even the Lemmys and Punks and Dragons...sorry, its just another emtpy sandbox with emtpy buildings and empty promises...with a bitter crypto scam attached to it.
    No thanks.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yeh I don't agree with your comments either that everything ND did failed. I wish he'd left Crypto alone though (but then again I kinda wish everyone had) but indeed, life would be boring if we agreed on everything.

7. I dont feel like making any kind of list again. But why not let me hear about all the positiviness Neverdie accomplished for this game and the community...after 2009. Maybe it will feel good to read about it. :p

8. narfi

narfi Lost

He made Entropia real for me.
    Rocktropia gave me a home, a fringe colony to live on, to grow on, to love.
    You can not quantify feelings like that, but he provided that for me, and many other players when calypso could not.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rocktropia is 2010...but ok I get what you mean.
    This is how Calypso felt to me between 2004 and 2009.

Thanks to Cryengine and "no love", in 2010 everything started to feel more or less dull...icecold...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rocktropia have great areas for trees.
    When Mind-Dark decided to remove trees on calypso, they also removed "some" trees on RT for sure without warning Neverdie about the changes. Classic Mind-Dark behaviour toward people they call their partners to do things in the back without telling them - Certainly in the swedish tradition to be fucking a$$holes.
    So I pm'd NeverDie about it, and he told me he was absolutely not awared about those changes.
    A patch later, the damaged tree areas were back on my favourite RT places, so a HUGE THANK YOU to NeverDie.
    When you enter certain areas, the LA talks about the klass morron ; It says all, Gratz to ND for this.
    * In their rage to kill the ressource gatherer profession, Mind-Dark removed the yellow node which was the mark to notice a good tree to harvest. Tired of mindark and their eternal sillyness...

Roctropia is known from day 1 to be the best place to sweat in the whole "universe".

Rocktropia used to be also a great way to skill defense skills (there was many ways).
    *Notice that Arkadia was giving similar ways to skill defense on great mobs.
    That's after noticing it, that the jealous Mindark brought a new feature with LEVELS attached on mobs (in reality to hide the fact they modified the status on mobs of theose 2 planets (partners) to kill the defense skills they used to give) like Daikiba L5, Osseocolom Young L49, .... and since each feature mindark is releasing there is a hidden reason, it was also a way to force people to stay on calypso, the perfect feature to ruin the "partners" economy, so hard to call mindark beeing anything else than fucking scammers and jealous dishonnest people... SHAME ON YOU.

In the same logic of damaging the mobs status and behaviour, you can notice that all dragons or flying mobs on Roctropia, on Next Island, on Cyrene, and on Arkadia have been improved if some were bugged and are all flying correctly. But Mindark made sure to let the bugs on certain calypso mobs, and even improved them to be "more bugged", like the Hyriuu which "flies" on the ground and have NEVER been fixed even it was asked and reported thousands of times, and even worse the new igni is simply flying underground and hits you in a pure exploit feature, same was reported many times and never fixed. And again like the Tezlapods which were IMPOSSIBLE to shoot when you know they roam on real pvp areas, no need to wonder why mindark did that... you are really low swedish thieves...

Also, there was many RT missions giving attributes, but I heard recently that the tyranic mindark stopped them.
    Hard to be a so call partner when you are "friend" with those nazi swedish jealous scammers.
    So again I give a HUGE Bravo to Neverdie who is still alive with Roctropia.
    Mindark should refund all partners, since they do all they can to ruin their planets.

A Universe ? what Universe ?
    HUGE SHAME ON YOU MA !

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hussked Hussked x 1
  11. San

San

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mindfuck removed the yellow tree markers AND trees ? What ? When ? Why ? x'D

(1st) Klaas Moron x'D LOooOOooooL

Why is Klaas Moron mentioned on some NDs LAs ? Hu ?

13. Fort Argus used to be a cool area for tree skilling.
    On a previous MA update, they told us they improved the trees...
    It was very easy to recognize the good trees from far at Fort Argus, trees had grey trunks and green leaves that you could see from far away, and added to that the yellow node when you were closer.
    Now, all trees are fat and ugly, and by volontarily making them fat it is clear for me that it have been designed IN PURPOSE to force the players to get stuck on them, a good way to disgust the players to continue to do it. You such fucking low people MA.
    One day I was showing it to a friend, as I saw their shitty changes for the first time, and told him I was sure they made that change to make people get stuck on the trees, and my friend immediately got stuck. This feature was realeased by our actual CEO, you know the guy who is telling us he is animated by a high integrity... My ASS !
    That's funny with mindark, I guess they learnt english with a teacher at school giving the opposite meaning of the words they use...
    Or that's simply because mindark are just systematic fucking liars trying to sell black for white.

There was another super great area for trees on calypso (which was my best on caly), which was N of Aegis, an arrea with cornundacaudas, but mindark completly shaved the area and all harvesting trees have been removed.

Again, "improve" means destroy and particularily be fucking liars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hussked Hussked x 1
  14. Rocktropia was a good idea and nice at first.
    Not impressed with the game music there but I just change audio settings.

I am just scared to start missions as so many people have told me they are bugged or missing reward.

All and all it can be made really nice with a little focus and work.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I have fond memories of a party at CND and a time I met ND there when it was first opened up for preview. He was so excited about it. RT I really liked and I hadn't expected to. I spent quite a long time there. Yes it felt like a hodge podge of dreams with quite a few clearly not finished in development (a big blimp with nothing in it?) still... at least you could go inside, which was an improvement on the closed doors of Calypso. I wasn't originally down with the whole diversifying but RT turned me around and I liked that there was this strange themepark like world to play on alongside home Calypso. I don't want to get into another argument about ND really. I'll just say what I always say which is, like it or hate it, he did. Many don't. Yes many ideas he had were too out there and never got implemented. But many did. Not many people can say they created a virtual world for folks to play in. Even if it was far from complete and by no means perfect. He created something and no one can take that away from him.

Man... I was just looking through my Rocktropia screenshot collection. I had such fun there exploring all the random stuff. This is actually probably one of the worst pics I have but it has Rocktropia sign and rocktropia trousers so figured I'd use it this time.

Entropia 2011-11-19 18-32-08-43.png

• Like Like x 2
  16. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I remember the day RT was launched. It was exciting, indeed, and fun to be able to hop around somewhere else than Calypso. And to this day, I think Hunt The Thing was one of the best releases within EU. Granted, it was a short few hours of playtime only, but it really finally showed something different from traditional EU-style (lack of) gameplay.

17. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yup Hunt the Thing was fine example of making the best of a bad situation. That place had... feeling. And to this date made the best use of the mission text by adapting it into a puzzle. There was another tie in HTT game but actually the one in Rocktropia was better by far in my view. The other felt generic and uninteresting in comparison.

18. I agree the "The Thing" really was a nice step into the right direction...and the only one.

Imagine Planet Hollywood Monster, Planet Titanic, Planet Michael Jackson, Planet Empaticus (more then 30 planets) and Planet...well, excpet for Hollywood Monster and Michael Jackson, which could have been a nice temporary cash-cow...everyhting else would have been utter nonsense...but of course nothign ever happened. You guess why... x'D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Hunt The Things is the best mission in Entropia Universe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Again, gratz ND, you know i have always been on your side! (fuck the swedish thieves).

Klass Morron.jpg

Rejoice the Klass Moron is Banished!

• Winner Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.