New Forum layout and features!

Discussion in 'About EU Chronicle' started by Phunkygeeza, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Hi all,

Today I am announcing the new forum layout!

In a move designed to enhance usability and readability of forum content, the forum will from tomorrow be adopting a new layout.

The homepage will now contain great new features:
    • Sponsor area, where paying advertisers can inform you of their latest offerings!
    • Create an 'EUC' planet of your own! Get a great subforum using EUC technology, but your own efforts to make great content for us!
    • The existing forum will be renamed 'planet EUC' and will offer the same great experience as it always has
    • Corporate area - where you can explore the EUC company, hear about our directors and find B2B links.
    • Post count and donations may now directly influence rep points (loot), and especially posts containing phrases like 'Phunksta rox' or 'EUC is the best forum ever!' may lead to god status
    • To extend the PVP fun aspect of EU into the Planet EU forum, all members and posts will now be PVP enabled. A successful forum PVP "kill" allows the victor to loot reputation points and forum benefits from the victim. Special forum armour can be purchased by subscribed members to help survive these PVP attacks.

Additionally, the forums layout will be re-arranged, so that 2 posts fit neatly into each 'page', and you can easily page through content to read the parts you want, in addition to seeing great offers for our sponsors *

To enable these great new features, there will need to be a few changes to the forum rules:

• No member can discuss EUC anywhere else on the internet, unless you're saying how great we are
    • Defaming EUC or it's owners will result in your account and assets being frozen, and a visit from 'Dave' with the big boots on
    • Discussing any competing forums in any way will result in your account being terminated, and we'll get the pliers out.
    • You can't discuss any other member, their behaviour, or whether some dirty little scammer has ripped off your hard earned
    • No-one is to mention the war. In fact no-one should mention war, disease, famine, politics, smilies, forums, posts, games, programs, computers, films or media or any sort
    • To be an EUC member, you will have to be 18 years old. If you are less than this, that's fine as long as you supply your parent's bank details, birth certificates, all major credit card details and car keys.
    • You may not be able to access all of EUC's features if you don't use the minimum supported browsers, which only we know about, but doesn't include Micros0ft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Opera.
    • All changes in terms and conditions are immediate and by reading this, thinking about them, or breathing, you implicitly accept these changes.
    • EUC incorporates technology from several advertising partners, including 'mindshot inc.'. We reserve the right to insert subliminal messages into your brain. If you do not wish to participate then click on the first link that comes into your mind.
    • Discussion activities are expressly forbidden in EUC.
    • Any post made becomes the property of EUC and may be used in advertising or publications at the discretion of EUC.

I hope you're looking forward to this new era as much as I and our advertisers are!

* 97% of the screen may be reserved for advertising

• Like Like x 9
  2. 'Phunksta rox', 'EUC is the best forum ever!' :).

• Like Like x 6
  3. it is 1st of April today, isn't it.
    Anyway, Gratz for this one.

• Like Like x 5
  4. I must say you had me there until I started reading about the PvP and the special forum PvP armor LOL

Phunksta rox!

• Like Like x 6
  5. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Nice one Phunksta. :ok:

• Like Like x 4
  6. Anna

Anna Master of the Universe

:-({|=:-({|=:-({|=

• Like Like x 4
  7. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

Hehehe fantastic. :D

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.