Entropia News: New Taming System

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EntropiaPlanets, Sep 24, 2014.

1. The new taming system is getting closer. Let's collect facts and speculations in this thread.

Latest info and history:
    Further info:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
  2. Re-introducing Taming inside Entropia Universe
    [​IMG]

A long time ago in the virtual Universe colonists used to tame wildlife species to be a colonists best friend. And for fun!

In the next major update to Entropia Universe the profession of taming will once again be made available. Starting with one wild creature on each of the planets Calypso, Arkadia, Cyrene, Toulan and Rocktropia, colonists will be able to tame these to be a colonists new best friend.

Old time Entropia veterans with previous taming experience will have their old pets regenerated using a dazzling new DNA-technology. While not being guaranteed a 100% match of the previous tamed pet this technology will give veterans a unique way of displaying their skills and hard earned efforts of old times.

In the first stage of the taming system the basis for this growing part of Entropia life and economy will be laid out. Further additions to the taming system will be added in the outlined stages to come.

In this release your Pet, once tamed, will need your attention to grow in affection, learn to perform additional tricks and more. You as an avatar will learn new skills associated with taming and, as with many other systems inside Entropia be able to benefit from and take part in the related economy.

More details about the taming system will be made public in connection to the next Entropia Universe update.

Source

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Ah, a first stage reintroduction of the first stage of taming that was introduced in 2007 and that has currently been removed for more than 5 years.

At a first glance, taming a pet, growing its affection and having it perform tricks while gaining skills is exactly identical to the old system, that we were promised in 2007 would be enhanced shortly after. In other words, 7 years later, we get the same old system, after that system has been totally removed for 5 of those 7 years.

Time well spent! And here I was afraid that my thousands of invested dollars in this profession were wasted. I'm overly thrilled to see that the visionary minds at MindArk proved that my assumption was wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  4. You know Admin in the old days you would have read the communication from MA over the past months and you had already known that.....

Time for you to stop being bitter and move on Admin?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Why did the snable cross the road? To wait for the next update! :tongue (2):

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Perhaps. Buy my stuff and I'll be out of here faster than you could possibly hope for.

Or perhaps it's time for MindArk to stop rereleasing news if there really isn't much more to tell than they already shared before?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. So you are willing to sale your website?

8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

It's not my website. Ownership of this site is shared between 4 of us. I'd be open to sell my share of it, but my partners would have to agree with the sale. I'd also have the condition that a potential buyer would not attempt to undermine the independence and integrity of this site. So someone looking at purchasing (shares of) the site in order to remove content they do not like would be in for a disappointment.

But yeah, I'd not mind one bit never having anything to do with MindArk ever again in any way, shape or form.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

uh oh...

As for MA. I see nothing here news worthy. Same old same old, "woo we will do a thing, real soon too, honest! in fact we are so confident that we will do it we will divulge as little as possible about it now in the hopes you will believe us and pray you don't think we are being vague cause we still haven't finished speccing let alone making it"

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  10. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

You forgot: "and we'll stuff it with bugs. Just because we've been running this dump for 10 years doesn't mean we learnt anything about software, haha! Heck, it's not as if *we* pay the costs for our fuckups."

But yeah. How is this different from what they revealed before? Why on earth would this be worthy of a new post to begin with? It's releasing an update for the sake of releasing an update.

11. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

No it is releasing an update most likely cause they know that CCP's have so far been a waste of time (cause there aren't any) and that also there has been bugger all other news (not counting the promo pics of crumpets which are only there to keep the cash flowing in for the venture that will most likely never materialise). Additionally someone probably noticed that the taming update is overdue even on the most recent schedule (let alone the one from the noughies - "ride your Atrox into the sun" anyone?) and thought they better make up some vague nonsense about it. I note there isn't even an ETA, just "next major update"...

Remember when these were every 6 weeks or so? Seems one or 2 a year is more what happens now and each one breaks the avatar animations and clothes again in some novel new way anyhow.

12. So "the next major update" is currently scheduled for early October....

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. so toulan is introducing new whips? Wonder if they will be L or UL? I suspect L... wish I had the peds to buy a mamba, but just don't, so will continue with this little viper for now.

14. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Source? Actually, why am I asking? the most credible source would be MA and we know how credible they are with timing and delivery

15. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

David is the source.....and I'd give him a lot more credence than some people...:sneaky:

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

CCP? As in the creator of EVE?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Creature Control Pills ,-) (its all I ever talk about haha)

18. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Brainstormers Official Brain Glue

I have never been a fan of taming. Back in the day personally I felt anyone with a pet was either wasting too much ped on something useless or using pets for exploits.

And also mentioned in another thread somewhere - when taming is re-implemented will it be the taming we want or expect? Perhaps people are wish/dreaming of awesome pets found in other games that can be ridden or used as combat assistance.

We can't even sit down on the ground in EU without it messing up the game physics.

When taming finally does arrive, someone will figure out an exploit or bug that will put taming in the cooler for another 2 - 5 years. In the mean time I feel the effort in coding to get taming working could have been better used elsewhere - like retaining player base. That is venturing into a magical realm.

But I'd really love EU to shock me and prove me wrong.

19. Forget about "EU going to shock you". Well, depends... ;) Everything you wrote is correct.
    After taming my 1st 3 animals in 2005, feeding and brushing became boring very quickly.
    I pity the players that actually skilled up so high, full of hope to be able to ride a combat atrox soon.

Some of them already left. Those who stayed will either have to start from scratch and/or continue...skilling...for nothing.

Many of us had to wait 10 years(!) for it and its still possible to amaze these people.
    I really dont understand why anymore.
    It always leaves / left a bitter taste if MindArk announces something.
    It is indeed true, that this thread will only reveal more postponed "news" and/or a taming stage 1 with some "fun facts". Enough to calm down everyone who is seriously wanting to try and/or continue the so called "skill taming". F+ck the people from the past, they have nothing to say in this universe anymore. ;)

They shall all go away and should never return. Same counts for the fanboys. Stupid noobs. F*cking scammers. Annoying resellers. etc.

Back then MA often announced that people make a living out of entropia. The last time I read such bogus crap, was when Skippy announced hes buying a house in reallife 2 days ago, because he has played an MMO for the past 9 years and is now cashing out. I cant wait for the worldwide news, that will squash IS and 911 like a bug. Can you imagine how much he also has deposited over 9 years ?

Entropia is not offering enough depth anymore, for a one armed bandit, that it has always been.
    More or less.
    Whatever the f*ck some people like about this loveless CCP that has been thrown ingame, I will never understand.

Virtual Tycoon ? Compets ? Da faq ? What happened to the immersive depth ?
    But hey, Im only a casual visitor, who really started to enjoy the show, everytime the rest of this community cheers up in joy, everytime MA is typing a phrase somewhere.

Fishing. I might return for some fishing in 2015. Every MMO has that. Entropia does not. Groundbreaking news that would be. Yay! ;D

20. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I'll let you know if:

a) MA make them drop enough for me to be able to loot or buy one without breaking the bank
    b) I can skill up enough in scanning (unlikely) to be able to use one of the blighters!

Still, as MA said, it is a "fun system". So fun that is that only a dozen or so people can use it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.