Next island mainland is not yet open until the 10th or january - nd theme park open

Discussion in 'Next Island' started by Agis, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Hello community welcome to this exciting new planet in the Entropia Universe. I am a sort of a community leader for Next Island and greeting to all newcomers to Next Island and hope to help most of you adapt to this wonderful new environment.

Neverdie Studios decided to open the East Island which is owned by Jon "Neverdie" Jacobs 2 days before public release of Next Island, This island is owned by Neverdie Studios and looks like a gigantic theme park. Eruption Area is covered by Fire Drakes, There is a massive racetrack or roller coaster in the Champions Area , Storm Drakes, Fire Drake, Ice Drakes , Skeletons and various other mobs all occupy the Club Neverdie or Neverdie "Theme Park" with Respects to his former GF Island Girl has been installed as the Healer and known as the Revive Terminal there.

edit : Due to a sync issue with a few mainland servers the mobs are not spawning - this is the reason why most of the mainland on next island is empty, Neverdie and Enzo are now aware of the situation - hopefully it gets fixed soon

The Paradise Zone on the mainland is now open for testing The New Player Area consists of Petite Mobs for the new players , as well as monkeys and boars and other exciting little critters, The Mainland Area is open for testing now (Updated : Mobs are suppose to be present on the mainland servers now due to an server issue) . Please note that the mainland has various precious minerals and enmatters (some rare minerals have been found already) it is a great time to get mining on the mainland early, before opening of the mainland.

Bugs : Currently there are few bugs i have noticed however the Enchanted Waterfall Zone in the north of the mainland has water above the road - it maybe a bug or is a feature purposely who knows - i think its a bug. The revive terminal on the mainland is different like a totem or some sort, Noticed also some floating torches which is definitely a bug.

There are Shacks with TTs , Repair (both monkeys) and Crafting, Storage and Friends (Soc) Terminals all over the mainland and TPs in all the different Zones, Next Island mobs will be organised into habitats in particular zones, the noob (or New Player) mobs are now spawning in the Paradise Area SE and some to the South of the mainland, Each Zone has a Teleporter, Shack and a Totem Revive. But you have to explore these zones and find the TPs on the mainland they are not given out like on Neverdies "Theme Park" Island. Miners will be given ample areas to mine minerals and enmatters.

Servers : Next Island Mainland is broken up into 4 Servers and 1 Additional Server for Club Neverdie or Neverdie " Theme " Park, as more islands open in the future they will all be on separate servers.

I hope this enlightens you on the current situation on Next Island and an explanation of whats happening, and looking forward to the coming months or days.. Thank You

2. narfi

narfi Lost

Next island mainland is not yet open until the 10th or january - nd theme park o

Thanks for sharing Agis, will be fun to see stats on the mobs and new stuff they drop, hopefully you will be posting some of that stuff as well?

narfi

3. safara

safara Pamwe Chete

Next island mainland is not yet open until the 10th or january - nd theme park o

Thanks for the info Agis :)

How is Next Island going to recover from the public perception that Next Island is just another Neverdie thing?

First impressions and all that.

Does Next Island ever think that they can be a "Planet" in their own right? Or are they always going to be just an extension of Club Neverdie and NEVERDIE?

Why has Next Island given itself such a PR mountain to climb releasing bits of itself if it is not ready, if they are indeed their own entity?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tass

Tass Administrator

How is it morally justifiable that ND is his participants role just sold CND for 635,000 USD and in his developer role build himself a theme park even bigger with unique mobs and such?

I really wonder how that kind of bullshit can happen. Outside of EU in blogs, forums, games websites, ... 95% of the comments about Entropia Universe are negative. And exactly those kind of incidents are promoting the negativity.

Indeed, ND did a lot for EU, to the worse...

5. Next island mainland is not yet open until the 10th or january - nd theme park o

yay let's sell a product for full price (40ped tp cost) and then make 1/3 of the product useable.

This screams scamm to me because the announcement was WAAAY too late.

6. Next island mainland is not yet open until the 10th or january - nd theme park o

To have any credibility, this announcement should have been made before the first participant could set foot on Next Island.

Here endeth the lesson on customer expectation management.

7. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Thanks for sharing that Agis makes a bit more sense but I agree with AlphaGeek this announcement should have been made before anyone stepped foot on NI.

8. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I couldn't agree more, and ... never in all this time that has led up to the launch of Next Island has anything ever been said about ND having his hand in it other than his studio building the planet, and then to pre-launch the planet with an exploited introduction of ND's CND-2 island? Is this David Post's planet, or Neverdie's.

9. Next island mainland is not yet open until the 10th or january - nd theme park o

I'm trying to defend David Post and his vision here - and i respect him gratefully , I think its a privilege we get to visit NI early. I have read many of these replies saying Next Island has been ruined by Neverdies Slogan and name even though he was originally involved back in 2007 and 2008 in laying down the groundwork for this fantastic planet, and I think he has a right to his own exclusive island to develop into his Theme Park (well it looks that way) but he should have held off until the 10th when David Posts vision will start to kick in, so we have a balanced perspective on how Next Island will integrate into a unique essence of the Entropia Universe than just an advertisement for Neverdie. And now people are jumping the gun to say its Neverdie Island when its not, David Post is already getting flack and his vision has not launched yet - wait till December 10th then make your assumptions whether they deliver or not. Peace :)

10. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Fair point.

I think it's just that everyone was expecting Next Island which was going to be a unique planet but instead we just saw another ND planet/island (far far from what people were expecting).

11. MindStar9

Thank you Agis ... I appreciate your input, and I too was very drawn in by David's passion for his planet as well, and I hope it turns out to be everything he hoped and planned it would be, but ... when I read that Neverdie wanted to launch the planet early it soon became obvious why. I just feel that his self-indulgence is over the top, especially since this is not his planet, which is what I've been saying all day in my posts at several forums. I guess I just don't understand why another planet owner feels the need to invade a fellow planet owner's planet and then exploit himself in a pre-launch of the planet before it is even properly presented as what it's meant to be. That to me just smacks of ego-centered motivation.

Anyway ... as I said elsewhere ... it's their planets and they can do what they want. However, as a participant in this universe not only from a player perspective, but also from a media perspective, and one whose goal has always been to support the promotion of the planet partners and their planets, I too have choices.

12. aridash

aridash large throbbing member

"morally justifiable"? lets not make this in to a bigger issue than it is, its a game at one level, a business at another. what do you think paid for the developers? what do you think he sold CND for? he sold his BMW to buy a Porcshe, where's the moral dilemma in that?

13. Lavawalker

Lavawalker RETIRED

These are fair points, let us see what occurs when NI launches properly.

14. Lavawalker

Lavawalker RETIRED

15. Next island mainland is not yet open until the 10th or january - nd theme park o

They thought it looked official - but didn't want to come across that way - I spoke to ND and Enzo - Ive reworded the opening post and updated why there are no mobs on most servers on the Mainland

16. Next island mainland is not yet open until the 10th or january - nd theme park o

...and now, a word about self-proclaimed titles:

[Heroic music plays... ]

King Arthur: Old woman.

Dennis: Man.

King Arthur: Man, sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?

Dennis: I'm 37.

King Arthur: What?

Dennis: I'm 37. I'm not old.

King Arthur: Well I can't just call you "man".

Dennis: Well you could say "Dennis".

King Arthur: I didn't know you were called Dennis.

Dennis: Well you didn't bother to find out did you?

King Arthur: I did say sorry about the "old woman", but from behind you looked...

Dennis: What I object to is you automatically treat me like an inferior.

King Arthur: Well I am king.

Dennis: Oh, king eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.

King Arthur: I am your king.

Woman: Well I didn't vote for you.

King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.

Woman: Well how'd you become king then?

[Angelic music plays... ]

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MindStar9

I love your posts AG ... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Tass

Tass Administrator

Where is the moral dilemma in that? When it's commonly believed that 3 Porsche prototypes exist and one of the owners is selling his one just to reveal a week later that he also owns a fourth one which is a plus version even. This example doesn't even fit the size of the actual issue.

Quite simple: You are either a politicion deciding over the road to be built OR you own the company that builds the road. You are either a regular EU participant OR you develop planets. You either play lotto OR you own the lottery.

And when it's about 100 thousands of dollars the issue is rather big. And when it's about multipe times the current player base that is scared off and discouraged to 'play' EU it's even bigger.

19. Dab

Dab

Are the land areas that ND already owns taxed areas?

If so, it will look really bad on the 10th when/if new people start arriving.

Taxed land already owned by a player before the planet even launches is bullshit. Seriously, the Neverdie avatar needs to be made an official avatar of the company like Simon and Emma and stop playing the freakin game.

I guess this way they didn't have to have a server outage while the auction for it was going on though. I wonder what the 'Neverdie Theme Park' will be renamed to when ND moves on to his next conquest and sells it.

I don't see the whole naming thing really impacting new people negatively like it has some folks in the existing community - they have no idea who Neverdie is anyway - since he's only a legend in his own mind.

The taxed land owned by a player before the game even launched might though.

To Agis saying that NI launches on the 10th - hellooooo, it launched today bud.

I guess I'll have to keep waiting for a new planet.

20. Next island mainland is not yet open until the 10th or january - nd theme park o

I've written before about the conlict of interest I see in ND's involvement as both a participant and a developer in EU, but to be fair the sale of (the old) CND made the situation better, not worse.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.