Notification Alerts

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by Softhart, Apr 5, 2012.

1. I was thinking about this the other day and wondered if possible. You know the you get a little red icon showing above the Alerts text when someone has responded to a post your watching. Is it possible to get that alert (#) to show up on the tab as it does in Facebook? (see picture)

Just wondering cause it would be nice to see the alert without having to go into that tab and refresh. :wink:

untitled.JPG

2. bumping for an answer :biggrin:

3. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Probably not would require some super duper level coding. Ofcourse softy I know you can do it, looking forward to seeing what you come up with :evil:

4. um yeah, if I could do it why would I ask if it could be done?

face slap word.JPG

:laugh:

5. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Violence is never a solution :tiphat:

You slap a lot, perhaps I should rename you to slapper :nana:

6. At risk of being simplistic, how does it show up in Facebook? I know that EP recently changed from vBulletin to XenoForo, but there are similarities and I'm currently helping out with the 'back end' of another vBulletin site, so might be able to help if you show me how it appears in fb. Sorry, not much exp' with fb...

7. I only slap when warranted :biggrin1:

Take a look at the pic I posted :)

8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

We switched about a year ago, and it's the best decision we ever took. vBulletin is outdated bloatware, and since they launched vBulletin 4 (lacking a lot of the promised functionality, and riddled with bugs), little new functionality has been delivered.

They have a Facebook app that barely works, a mobile product that lacks a lot of the functionality important for moderators, as does not use push-alers, and they added some skimlinks integration, none of which was included in the core product (but instead sold as seperate products), and none of which was high on anyone's list.

If you need help converting the forum to XenForo, let me know. We're currently a leading XenForo services provider, and have converted a great amount of forums over from the dark side.

Back on-topic, I installed something that should allow for the requested behaviour, but on my end, I do not see it work. That in itself means little, as I've experienced similar issues before, where it would work if I checked the site from my work.

Could someone please confirm whether they can see an indicatgor both in the favicon, as well as the title of the tab, indicating the amount of alerts awaiting the user? (Note, this works for alerts only, not for private messages).

9. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

nope Admin, tried in 3 browsers and none of them get the indicator.
    Should it show the 37 alerts I already have now, of just new ones?

10. I don't see anything either. And seems the text on the tab got longer too.

11. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

This now works for me ;)

12. Ohhhh your a GOD!! :woohoo: Can you work that magic on the other forums as well?? :biggrin:

13. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Well, on CyreneForum and NextIslandForum, I could, I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  14. :bowdown:
    :bowdown:
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.