NOTM DIARY

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by RedDwarf, Dec 1, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOTM DIARY December 2007

<<< Cryton 'RedDwarf' Starbug's >>>
    'Newbie Of The Month Competition' - Diary & Player Experience Guide / Blog ! :D

Background

I joined the Entropia Universe on 16/11/07. I'm a fairly experienced MMORPG gamer, have read many of the EU guides & hope to get established, as well as master the game basics quite quickly! Guide: www.entropiadirectory.com/wiki/Guide

My most excellent mentor suggested I might give the fantastic www.eu-chronicle.com 'NOTM Competition' a crack, So... here I am! I hope this record of my 'in game' progress & experience's will be of interest to any reader & future entrants to this cool competition. ;)

For the record, I have & will not make any 'real life' deposit until after the close of this competition.

Remember; It's not the winning, but the taking part that counts! So Good Luck All & may the mythical 'Lootius' be with us All!

<<< >>>

In my playing time, prior to the 01/12/07, I have not done any combat based training (with a hope to gainning these skills faster later!) and have spent all of my time 'Sweating Mobs' like crazy around the 'Swamp Camp'! The proceeds of which, I have purchased the whole TT 'Settler Armor' set (which my kind mentor upgraded to the official 'Pioneer Armor' set, from Hadesheim City TT, at cost price!), a Vivo T1 Heal Pack (repaired 2x), and a Opalo Sollomate Rifle & 1000 ammo. Ohh... & I even repaired my damaged Standard Issue 'not-so-orange' Jump Suit & shoes, so apparently I look like a 'proper original OJ' newbie Entropian, lol. I have not yet explored the Entropia Universe much & currently only have Port Atlantis, Swamp Camp Outpost, the Outpost North of Swamp Camp & Nus Lull on my map. I intend on using Project Entropia Assistant Maps Tool http://pe.jongma.org & JaxMap www.jaxmap.net to complete & organise many TP runs when the comp. starts! 8)

<<< >>>

Note 1: Sweat 'with' or 'without' armor !?!? Certainly most web guides & experienced EU player's will tell you to sweat without armor to avoid decay and gain faster stats! However, I decided to 'play-test' this theory myself and have discovered that sweating with my Pioneer Armor gets me much more sweat!, mainly because I die less & have more chance to heal & also end up healing less, which saves costly decay on my Vivo. The Stat gain seems the same! & the sweat i seem to collect with Armor on greatly out-weighs decay costs! However, this is probably not the case for brand new players (in terms of stats gain) & of course 'if you don't need armor, don't use it!' still stands. ;)

<<< >>>
    :tease:​

< 01/12/07 >

Mostly 'Sweating' around Swamp Camp today (still! *sighs*), apparently getting an InvestaFoe TT scanner will give a good Stats boost! The 3000+ sweat i got, should afford me one, if i can sell for a good price, & hopefully another repair to my Vivo & some more Ammo!

Ok, so at last I unloaded my 1000 Ammo at a few Combibos! :D 10PED's worth for a 1.36PED return in loots! :mad: Guess 'Lootius' was not with me that time then:), lol. An EU 'Pro' informs me that 'this is standard!' OMG lol, I thought at least I'd break-even on loots vs ammo spent. Nevermind, I still got a good stats boost & some much earned 'sweat revenge' on those Combibos! Solo Sweating till 'Dry' & then killing the mobs, seems to be the best / most economical method!

< 02/12/07 >

Watch This Space

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2007
    • Like Like x 21
  2. To all entrants in NOTM Competition please post your achievements, stories so far etc here

please keep on topic-all other threads will be moved

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2007
    • Like Like x 11
  3. 12/5/07

Well I logged in and decided to spend the 2k ammo I had on hunting caud's as they've blessed me lootiusly in the past. I also was hunting some faucervix, that's kinda funny to name a mob Faucervix cause it sounds like faux which in french is false or fake and cervix, well you know what that is, and if you don't know what a cervix is then you have no business asking! Well it sounds funny to me :-). Anyway I was hunting Cauds old, guardian, young and provider, and unfortunately I didn't global but I did manage to get 325 eye oil, some skin and if I'm not mistaken and a bit of ammo and going after Fake Cervix's I realized I was getting no where. Skilling it seems like it takes forever and I felt like I was wasting my time. I apologize for not posting any pics as I wasn't thinking of nothing but how could they name a mob that looks like a Tyranasuarus Rex fake cervix and it not give me any loot, well it gave me loot, just nothing significant. Huh!!! But I will probably login on Thursday and try my luck again. And yes I know, I have a very strange, odd sense of humor that some people just won't understand or get. But I digress the FakeCervix thing is just a bit of the brand of humor I have. :-)

Well Happy Hunting and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2007
    • Like Like x 18
  4. :sword:My story so far....:sword:

I've given my credit card quite the workout, but it's been worth it. I've met alot of very nice and interesting people on Calypso, and only one that tried to scam me. Seeing how scammers are everywhere in life, I'd say that the ratio of genuine people to scammers on Calypso is quite nice.

I'd just like to warn people of the scam method that I ran into. I can't remember the guy's name, but I wish I had written it down. The guy said he was quitting the game and wanted to give me all his skills for free. He said he had 20+ levels into everything and would give them to me, all I had to do was buy all the equiptment required for extraction since he didn't have them. For one, I can't even use implants untill i've met my disciple requiremetns, but I knew the value of the skills, so i decided to scan him. Although he was wearing nicely tailord clothing, he had aboslutly no levels into anything. I decided to just say no thanks and wander off. I can't say for sure that this was a scam, but if it sounds too good to be true and there's doubt... it probably was.

I've decided I want to skill longblades, and I expect that I'll meet my disciple requirement of 1900 before the end of the month, I'm currently at 1700. I did a couple of team hunting runs with my soc where we got two globals, but due to my low level and a damage stack share setting, my cut wasn't anything to brag about. After some skilling I hit my first solo global a couple days ago against an argonaut young (60PED). I don't have anything to take screenshots with installed, but i'm looking into it. With a stack of ammo and a pair of cutters in my inventory, I decided to run for as many teleporters as I could. I've since discovered all of the teleportes on Eudoria. I've only unlocked five on Amethera, but I havn't spent alot of time there and i don't think I will untill my skills are a little higher. I ran into another noob trapped at the outpost north of the Port Atlantis Swam Camp. I helped him run to Billy's Spaceship, and from there we decided to get one more for him and ran to Camp Phoenix. We've since become good friends and chat frequently.

All in all, I've had alot of fun my first month here on Calypso and would recommend the game to anyone. I've found alot of helpfull info here on eu-chronicle and would like to say thanks to all and continue the excellent work.
    :yahoo:

• Like Like x 19
  5. 12/17/07
    Ok the new vu has been installed and now all I have to look at when ever I log into EU is a wonderful snowy white screen. And since the even more recent updated vu, still more white screen. I'm sure this is a known issue but this makes it difficult for me to participate in the newbie of the month competition and even harder to participate as a Division Manager. I've been told it might be my firewall, which may need to be reset but as far as I know I don't have one set up on my pc. So I will try to reset it but don't cross your fingers and I will file a support case with MA as well. But I think I may have come to the end of the road with this pc? Not in the place to invest in a new one and will just wait and see how things work out. So good luck to everyone else still in the running, have fun and happy hunting. I will still post on the forum but that maybe all I do for a long time. Have a good week folks!

• Like Like x 12
  6. They seem to be updating textures again right now, maybe that will help your white screen issues. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Kets

Kets Cranky Old EuC Reporter

Yanick,

When my firewall prompt comes up it is during the white screen portion after I enter my log in info. Try this, if you haven't already,

After about 10 seconds of white screen, hit ALT-Tab ( at the same time ), this should take you back to the main computer screen ( or alternatively show you a list of icons to choose from ) either way you want to get back to the main screen to see if any prompts come up asking you to authorize the Entropia.exe. If you are using Windows XP, I'm not sure if it will prompt you for the exception or not, you may have to add the Entropia.exe ( and the ClientLoader as well) to your allowed programs list.

I'm not sure how to add this to the Windows firewall as I use a different firewall application, but perhaps someone here or at...uh, MA, might know.

I hope this helps.

• Like Like x 10
  8. Hope so! Thanks fearless Freddie :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hmmmn . . . I've never experienced that before or since the new vu. But I will try what you said and see if it works for me and unfortunately I've no idea what firewall was set up on my pc. I'm hoping this works, thanks for all your tips :-)

• Like Like x 5
  10. Well, I've gotten a bit farther than I expected to. I've already gratuated from my disciple training and was hunting atrox for the first day of Merry Mayhem. I had my best day so far with 4 solo globals. I also had two team globals, but i didn't get screenshots of them. I didn't time/date stamp them because i was still under atrox attack when i got most of them. These four all came within the first hour of Merry Mayhem. Just a bunch of oil and wool, but i can't complain.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 16
  11. Hope to see new diary thread to start posting for January competition.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.