Orphan (2009)

Discussion in 'Other media' started by Burgerman, Jan 1, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

I recently watched a new movie called Orphan, and I was very impressed with it.

I don't think it should be watched by children, as there is a lot of menace and implied/actual violence during the movie. However, the violent scenes are often cleverly edited, almost Hitchcock style, so that you are frightened by what you think you saw, not by what was actually shown on-screen.

If you like a good mystery/spooky/thriller, then I thoroughly recommend you see Orphan. The opening few minutes seem like a bad B grade movie, but it is worth waiting as after the first several minutes the movie changes style and the story begins to slowly unfold.

There are many subtle little parts to the story, which are revealed slowly during the movie. I thought the acting, especially by the mother and the two little girls, was fantastic. I thought Isabelle Fuhrman, as Esther, was brilliant. I read a few reviews on-line suggesting that Isabelle Fuhrman may be the next Jodie Foster.

If you get a chance to see Orphan, then I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Esther.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.