Phase III: May I introduce Mena Oris, High Elf, blade artist

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by Jamira, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

No problem. We have two options:
    1. You order your copy of old Mena Oris as she is or
    2. you want a special figure
    Production and shipping costs would be the same. For a special figure you have either to pay for making the 3D model or deliver your own 3D model.
    Actually I try to find out, how much money that would be. I have a bit experiance regarding this meanwhile. So I can say: it'll be below 1000 Euro for Mena Oris. Modeling costs will be calculated sepeartely but will be less than 500 Euro.

This is for a 1:2 scaled figure of a human being. It includes the option to put your own RL-head to a figure. The source of the pictures as shown above doesn't matter. You send me pictures and assure to me that you don't hurt any copyrights.

Edit: The costs mentioned in this post must be in Euro instead of Dollar.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  2. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Mena Oris 05 and 06:
    Mena 05 and 06.png
    In total 326 g PLA, 30:40 h so far

Now it becomes interesting. To fit to the print volume I had to split her hips into two parts. To improve stability I decided to use some infill this time. Result: 15 h print time. Each! That's a challenge for my patience and a challenge for the steadfastness of my printer.

print model 02.png

3. Mega

Mega Chaotic Good

4. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Yep, not as easy as expected. The splitted parts of Mena's hip are not waterproof and whatever I do it doesn't work. The gcode always tells the printer to stop after a few minutes. That was really better with the software of my former "I-am-always-broken"-printer. It seems I have to go the stony way consulting netfab. A software I never loved.

So to say I'm stuck atm ... with the menace of 2x 15 h print time for the damn hips. I am sad.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Mega, why do you spam my thread with all this silly bullshit? Can you stop it please?

6. I think he was being nice - its just an English way. Knowing Mega he is very appreciative of your work on this which is why he ended with "Amazing work!"

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Okay, I am an old dry German technician. It seems I miss the sense for the English way.
    Apologies to Mega. I will try to be more open for funny things.

8. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Huh, printer is at work again. It was the micro SD-card. Formatted, model computed again and DANG! printing since one hour. O MAAAAAN!

9. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Mena Oris 08
    20160222_163752.jpg
    424 g PLA and 45:30 h so far
    The right hip is a desaster. The filling rate was to low. The part is very fragile. Some of the support pillars were to thin and broke during the print process. I have to ask my modeler to remove the blades from her hips and print them seperately.
    But hey, if you look at it from one meter distance it IS awsome! And it's still just the lower part of the body.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  10. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

OHA! Running left hip. I cut off the blade from it, used another printer software and a higher filling rate. Looks way better and is way faster. It'll save two hours and delivers significant better quality compared to the software I used before. Still learning and learning and learning ...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  11. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Mena Oris 07 and 09
    Mena 07 and 09 a.png Mena 07 and 09 b.png

I am excited.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Mena Oris 13 and 15
    20160224_025756.jpg
    One of the most tricky parts: the fingers. Well, it worked. Not that super good but it's okay for such a cheap print. I'm happy.

13. Looking just fucking amazing!
    :thumbsup:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Last night printing right arm:
    20160224_212049.jpg
    Model lost contact to the platform 8 mm before finish. Shit happens.
    And now my print material is out. Well, bestows me a deserved break ;-)

15. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Back! Got the new filament today and started left upper body:
    print model 03.png

O man! Can't tell you how happy I am. This is really amazing! Stay tuned.

16. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

17. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Mena Oris 10
    20160228_135658.jpg

18. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Interim summary:
    While the right upper body is in progress and we are close to the end, it's time to say: This one (after so many attempts) will become a success. Finally!
    The plan is to make a second figure of Mena Oris next month with several small improvements. The first one (I call it "prototype") will be completely painted in bronze, the second with different colours similar to the original character. It will be clued more carefully. All in all there shouldn't be much rework.

Offer:
    After Mena Oris I would like to make another character in a comparable way. Unfortunately it costs money. And I'm a jobless old man. So here's my offer: If anyone here wants a 1:2 scaled figure of a human character (and comparable, including real life head or even complete real life character or only a bust or what not else), I offer it for factory costs plus shipping costs. A character from Entropia Universe prefered. This would be a unique figure because it's for private purpose only and the customer pays modeling, material and printing and painting costs only. No monetary profit. It's just for helping me to get better and get a unique statue.

If you are interested in, send me a PM please. Don't post it here in this thread. It's not a commercial issue but I want to keep such things away from public.

Tell your friends about this offer.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  19. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Damn SD-card! Printer stopped again. This time after 2:45 hrs. Fuck!
    20160228_222410.jpg

I will buy a better SD-card tomorrow and try again. Part looks good so far - like the left upper body.

20. narfi

narfi Lost

Sucks it stopped, but It helps me visualize the inside of your model which I had been curious about earlier.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.