Planet Toulan: Planet is alive update

Discussion in 'Planet Toulan' started by OZtwo, Mar 2, 2013.

1. That's one main issue of the game in my opinion, too little things to explore and find in the world.

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Wouldn't it be great to just wonder around a planet and discovering a new creature and you be the one to report it for the first time? (and maybe get to name it??) Or find some hidden outpost ot cave that was not on the map or mentioned by the PP in the VU info.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Totally agree, it would be awesome to have discovery more a part of game play, like in the past, and be excited when you found something new, but playing devil's advocate for a sec ...

I think the community has driven the developers to be more forthcoming in what they're delivering in Updates so they know what to look forward to. I'll admit that at first, I kinda liked it, because it gave me an opportunity to plan more of what I was going to do, as well as feed into my writing, but then ...

I realized that I had gotten sucked in with everyone else, and my sense of adventure was morphing into something different - maybe that's part of what's missing, and why the game just feels like a grind instead of an adventure. For this game to really succeed, so much needs to change - it's not too late - and some of my ideas and suggestions are coming up in my "2013 EU State of Mind" which is (again) taking me much longer than I had anticipated to write, but things keep coming up.

It's not a bad thing though, because it inspires the direction I'm headed, so hopefully, it will be finished soon and you'll see where I'm going with this.

In the meantime ... I vote for more of the unknown and opportunities for adventure. :thumbsup:

4. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Master Of Entropia

Depends where you live. If the VU is at 10 AM your time and there are 8 more hours before you can log in and you don't have any chance to discover something it doesn't sound so great.

5. RAZER

Well a discovery is not one with swirlies and stuff, but more the surprise of seeing something new. A landmark you happen to walk by in a remote area of a planet, a creature that lives on the planet in very small numbers (or it would have been discovered sooner of course). If there is no clue that these things exsist, there would be nobody looking for them and I can imagine that even after a few days, stuff will still be discovered, also because not everyone will post on the forums what they have seen, because people might not know that the thing that was new to them is actually new to the game.

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I like this. I like the idea of there being a "free" (its just fame) reward for the "free" activity of exploring. Shouldn't be too hard either. Just create a zone that encloses an area with a property of discovered or not discovered. First person to enter triggers a discovery message. Good thinking!

As for the feeling that people don't like there isn't enough hidden in the vu's these days I find that quite funny. Its not long ago as stated that people said there was too little detail. I think things right now are fine. Its a bit of a mix. I suspect maybe there may be some fun to be had by leaving out the info. EG the location of the Wistrox nests might have been a discoverable thing. This would have also helped with the over subscription of these areas.

7. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I think the discovery thingy would kind of get 'ruined' by the current ability to simply fly over everything. It really does put a damper on the good old fashioned wandering around and stumbling across something noteworthy.

For instance, while trying to collect the TPs for Hunt The Thing, it was a breeze spotting them from the air. It takes away from the literally combing every inch of a planet to discover all the nooks and crannies, unless these specific areas would be somehow impossible to spot from the air.

Think of it like WOW and LOTRO (and many others) approach their worlds. You simply cannot fly/fast travel over specific areas until you discovered the main hubs or travel points of a specific map area.

As much as I do enjoy using aerial vehicles for faster travel, i also strongly feel it dilutes from the discovery part of gaming I enjoy so much.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I like my games where I have to use my brain a little bit but I also would like a little signal or sign to help along the way.

9. Farah - Toulan

Farah - Toulan Planet Toulan

So, yes, I know that we've been saying the same thing for a while, but it IS the truth: the team's working late nights, weekends and holidays to deliver the best Planet Toulan possible! The only waiting the community will do once the trailers, teasers and pics are ready to go online will be the time it takes me to upload them. Which, even when based in a 1st-world country, is longer than necessary, I feel...

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. RAZER

So, Farah, now that you are here, is the date MindArk stated in their semi annual report accurate, meaning December 2013 ?

11. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Master Of Entropia

Why do you have to ask my friend, when you know what will happen if Farah say December and then there is delay. Too much stress for players, MA and Farah. Too much rage and white hairs. Don't worry, be happy. For me "the team's working late nights, weekends and holidays" is more than enough to have faith. This game is 20 years before it's time anyway so little patience and faith will be good.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

If that's what gaming will be like in 20 years, I feel sorry for that era of gamers.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Farah - Toulan

Farah - Toulan Planet Toulan

Totally, and white hairs are the WORST. We're not going to confirm any date until we're sure of it, since it would be incredibly mean to promise Toulan as a Christmas gift and then not deliver. The development is looking fantabulous, though, and we'll keep everyone posted of the launch date ;-)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. RAZER

Don't worry, I know Farah stated in the past that they will give us stuff when they want to give us stuff and to be honest I do like the fact that we know so little about the planet, but that does not stop me from trying to find out stuff :)

I just thought the fact that MA stated December 2013 in their financial report was a bit 'weird' as we didn't get any date from the Toulan team themselves. So not sure if that date was planned by the Toulan team, or that MA wanted to have some positive news in the report. Either way it did set a date for the Toulan team to live up to, something that they did not want to have.

15. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

They just said it cause it sounds good. They do that sort of thing y'know.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.