Planet Cyrene: Populating Cyrene

Discussion in 'Planet Cyrene' started by Crue Knight, Jan 18, 2012.

1. I had an idea after going in an off-topic ramble in the Land Deed thread. :/

But I was thinking how Cyrene could best handle a sure and good first step after release date. Put aside any delays that MA may bring, we can always bring in the people and help populate Cyrene and it's auction.
    And I know, we don't even have a release date yet, but it's good to think about this since it will be coming out this quarter.

So here is what my previous idea was:
    What are your ideas for an initial stage for Cyrene?

2. Hi,

My idea would be to release in 2 stages:
    1. At first, release quietly, announce in the EU forums, in the client loader and at the Cyrene web site as a "testing phase", admit clearly that there will be bugs. Announce that there might be rollbacks, item changes, nasty bugs of all kinds, and tell them kids not to try this at home without parental supervision.

Hire a few motherships that do a continuous taxi service to Cyrene and back for free (to/ from any of the existing planets), during this stage.

Have the current Entropians test the planet inside out, together with the early adapters. For better exploring (and for later discoveries) keep some mobs hidden in this stage, as well as some less important features (the bigger vehicles for instance).

In this stage there should be enough time to discover the first few levels of blueprints, where again not all would need to be available yet, only a representative selection, maybe 2/3 of them.

During this time, people will gather loot and resources, buy, sell, and do all kinds of the usual activities. So the auction house will fill up, prices are found, the economy will start to roll.

And bugs will be found, as well as the behavior of the players will be seen, something that is hard to predict. What will they prefer to hunt, which weapons will be used most often, where will they drop their bombs, where will they prefer to have their "market place" etc.

2. After this has ran for a certain time, and enough insight has been accumulated, and maybe some minor correctional VU's have been done, a big VU should be prepared, releasing the until now hidden features, and correcting the last problems.
      This would be the time to start the promotion, to announce the "big real opening", with all kinds of events, competitions and such now.

At the big opening day then the auction house will already have stuff to buy, quite some information will be available already, the most annoying bugs should be ironed out, and Cyrene could start with a great user experience for the immigrants, and for it's own new population.

This idea is based on my experiences on Arkadia, I was there quite early. Hope it helps :)

Have a good time!

3. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

the idea of the free taxi service will for sure bring ppl in that refused to travel through space yet

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.