PR: Planet Calypso to Auction Medusa's Head Property

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe in the Press' started by EP-Newsbot, Dec 3, 2010.

1. The largest virtual property sale ever offered begins soon

GOTEBORG, Sweden, Dec. 3, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- First Planet Company, developer and publisher of Planet Calypso, the oldest planet in the Massively Multiplayer Online Game Entropia Universe, announced today the auction of the Medusa's Head islands on Planet Calypso. This huge sale will allow one player to acquire the deed to the largest virtual property ever sold and potentially one of the most lucrative in existence.
    Medusa's Head is the fourth major property opportunity offered on Planet Calypso. This property will be available for virtual viewing starting on December 7th to anyone playing the game and to all potential buyers that wish to visit for their first time. The auction will begin on December 13th and anyone with money in their account can bid on the property. There is no minimum and the normal 1% withdrawal fee will be waived for potential investors bidding over $50,000.00 USD. For more information on how to bid please go to www.planetcalypso.com/planet-calypso/medusa.
    The Medusa's Head islands encompass 8 different revenue generating land areas. There are three on the main island and five on surrounding smaller islands. The property will also come with 2 unique creatures which will be of interest to hunters from around the planet. Additionally there will be a number of other indigenous species, as well as mining, retail and residential assets. A teleportation system is included to make travel easy, although anyone can get there by air or boat.
    Planet Calypso recently saw a smaller asteroid with shops, hunting, mining and a nightclub sell for $635,000.00 USD; it was originally bought for $100,000.00 USD in 2005. Operating profitably from day one the resort recouped the $100,000.00 USD in mining/hunting rights alone in its first eight months and was previously in the Guinness World Records book as the most valuable virtual item. The auction of this attractive virtual property is expected to generate a high level of investment interest.
    First Planet Company is the developer and publisher of Planet Calypso, the oldest planet within the Entropia Universe, the largest real economy Massively Multiplayer Online Game in the world. Players have the ability to participate in a unique virtual world where they have no monthly costs. Its innovative real money economy uses a virtual currency which has a fixed exchange rate with the US dollar. This allows players to deposit and withdraw real funds for their adventures on Calypso or in the real world. Planet Calypso uses a state of the art graphics engine to deliver the highest quality visuals in an MMO today.
    Planet Calypso is a free download available at the game's official website, www.planetcalypso.com. Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook here.
    About First Planet Company
    First Planet Company AB is a subsidiary of the MindArk Group. First Planet Company AB develops and markets Planet Calypso, a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) based on the Entropia Platform, and is part of the Entropia Universe. Set in a distant future, the planet Calypso is home to an expanding human colony engaged with the natural and economic elements of establishing their new civilization.
    For more information on First Planet Company (FPC) and Planet Calypso please contact us at the numbers below or go to our website at http://www.planetcalypso.com.
    Copyright © 2010 First Planet Company. All Rights Reserved.

SOURCE First Planet Company
    RELATED LINKS
    http://www.planetcalypso.com

----
    Link

----

Medusa's Head on EP wiki: Medusa's Head Islands

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

mmmm, interesting, so where did I leave that big bucked of peds to buy thing thing??

3. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

can't say I'm surprised at this popping up. Not trying to be negative here but the one thing that jumped out at me was that the shops and apartments are going to be RENT FREE. Does this mean that FPC are going to take the rent off the other shops and apartments around Calypso? it should because otherwise its discriminating against the people that own shops around the rest of the planet.

4. Kay Jones

Kay Jones who?

not necessarily. the missing rent would just be added to the sales price, i.e.
    - shop with rent: nk ped
    - shop without rent: nk ped + x years worth of rent
    or something like that

5. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

Interesting point, but can you honestly see that happening? The rent goes to FPC (or is it MA?) so i can't see the landowner putting the cost of rent he/she doesn't get anyway on to the price...people simply won't buy them if they are overpriced...and we both know what the community is like with pricing.

6. Kay Jones

Kay Jones who?

he may not get the rent, but the buyer wont have to pay it, that's the important part. not taking advantage of that would be stupid imo.

how the community reacts to pricing, I have no idea. I'm not even 3 months old ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.