Private soc forums

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by Lykke TheNun, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Private soc forums
    The intention of this section of the forum is to offer societies easy access to a private soc forum, safe from prying eyes.

If you are a society leader and want one of these private forums setup for you and your society, please PM admin with the following:

1) Desired name of the forum (we might insist to meet you ingame in case of doubt over you actually representing the society)
    2) A list of all users that you want to have access to your private forum (they have to already have an EP account)

This service will be provided to you at no charge, and it will not be viewable by others. EP reserves the right to inspect in case we suspect the threads in these forums breach the general site-rules, or when a user of the forum reports posts. Rest assured that this will not happen without proper cause. In the rare case this would happen, no information from your private forum will be shared with anyone.

In other words, the soc forum is yours to use, but please DO stick to the rules, and in case you are worried, do not post anything you do not wish anyone (including the EP staff) to see.

:tiphat:

2. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Correction to the post above :D

We just need a name for the forum, and a name for who will administrate the group. That way the "owner" of the soc forum will be able to add and remove people at his/her discretion.

3. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

nice service !

4. I want Natural Born Killers, NBK Miners, NBK legion and NBK Council registered with me as owner of the groups:tiphat:

5. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

That's right, Knuckles. Keep pushing the buttons.

6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

So far, we have set up three soc forums.

The way things are handled is that we add publically joinable groups, accessible through your USER CP -> Group Memberships (Under networking).

You there will see a list of the available groups, which you can request membership to. Those people who were appointed as group leaders then will be able to either accept or deny you, meaning that as a society leader, you can and will have full control over your private soc forum.

Alternatively, if you would prefer setting up a completely seperate society website, we might be able to offer you cheap hosting on our VPS. If you would instead be interested in such a setup, please send me a PM with the desired requirements, as well as the expected amount of traffic/users, and we will get in touch with you.

7. Stave

Stave Guest

do you offer this for services as well?

could prove to be a good place to move my exsisting forum away from ef.

also

doesnt this defeat the whole object of it being called private?

8. Lykke TheNun

What kind of forum is that, if I may ask?

There is the possibility of reporting 'bad' posts in the 'private soc section' aswell - which means that we will have the possibility of going in there. But we won't unless it is absolutely necessary. So in that way, yes it is private - but we (Me and Peter as the only people) have access.

9. Stave

Stave Guest

a private forum for entropia tour agency.

we currently have one on ef but considering current events we might be intrested in moving it here

10. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

We can facilitate you in creating it and getting it set up. Would you like me to initiate that for you?

The moving of data is something you will either have to do yourself, or somehow get 711/neomaven to set up so we can pull out the neccessary data (easiest would be a script/backup of only your private soc forum).

11. Stave

Stave Guest

i will discuss this with the others and get back to you.

12. Lykke TheNun

We have made a couple of PRIVATE soc forums already, but I thought I would bump this one up for those who are not yet aware of this service!

:beerchug:

13. Nice idea, but Im not the soc boss :D So I cant ask for one :whistle:

14. Lykke TheNun

you can ask your boss for one :whistle: :afro:

15. I will ask him next time I see him ;)

*turns round and says 'Oi you we need a soc forum on EP' *

You thinink that might work? :dunno:

16. Lykke TheNun

Ask him first if he wants a Beer :D then it works!!! :coffee:

17. Ah..... the Beer :beerchug:

18. safara

safara Pamwe Chete

* sip*

19. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Our hamster would like to point out there's plenty of room for some more soc forums. Should you want to have a private section of this forum for your society, please PM admin with the name of the society, and who should be the society leader.

:tiphat:

20. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Bumping this up.

We will gladly supply you (free of charge) with a private socforum. You could use this for your society, Land-grab-teams, WOF strategies, business ventures, or whichever other ideas you would have.

Any service requiring private communication amongst a group of people of YOUR choice would be perfect for this setup.

Disclaimer: Administrators on this site will have access to your forum. However, we have a policy of not going into those, unless asked to. Typically, the only admin,able to see your forums on the new posts list is myself, and I have a policy of not going in there.

However,we DO expect the sub forums to follow the same rules as we implemented on the rest of our forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.