Project: 0% Defensive Bills

Discussion in 'Professions and Skills' started by narfi, Mar 24, 2010.

1. narfi

narfi Lost

I have already published 3 projects,

http://www.entropiaforum.com/forums/hunting/171561-project-emik-s30-vs-merp-young.html

http://www.entropiaforum.com/forums/hunting/173437-project-cb5-vs-merp-young.html

http://www.entropiaforum.com/forums/hunting/176160-project-bicak-kek-vs-drones.html

This will be my 4th project and 1st published here on EP.

There are several reasons why I have and will publish these projects.

1. To give me personal goals to achieve.
    2. To motivate me to track my expenses and analyze what I may be doing wrong.
    3. To demonstrate for new players how they can play economically while still having fun and being active.
    4. To thumb my nose at all the "whiners" out there who claim this game is too expensive but refuse to take advice.
    In each of my first 3 projects I either broke even or profited after markup of the loot. I also gained a lot of skills which were basically free since I wasn't loosing ped while gaining them.

I believe there are two main ways which can be used to maximize your returns in comparison to your expenses.

1. Hunt mobs which consistently drop items with high markup.
    2. Hunt in a manner which significantly lowers your costs per kill in comparison to the other hunters on that mob in that area.
    I concentrated on the first strategy for my first 3 projects. While I was hunting the merp, their wool had high markup as well as their being a high markup on blazer fragments at that time.

While I was hunting drones there was a high markup on gazz, it was selling for 130-135% in auction during my project.

I kind of burned myself out on fast paced skilling though, so have decided to slow it down a bit.

Now I will concentrate on the second strategy.
    An average hunter will spend 5-20% of their ammo/gun/amp decay on defensive costs. An eco hunter staying inside their skill range will be closer to 5% and someone who is just playing for fun and isn't careful will spend closer to 20%

In my other 3 projects I hovered around the 10% mark.
    A simplified example of what I mean:
    I go on a hunt and my offensive bill is,
    75ped of ammo
    10ped of gun decay
    15ped of amp decay

100ped total spend on offense.

My defensive bill is,
    8ped armor&plates
    2ped fap

10ped total spent on defense.

10defensive divided by 100 offense = .1 or 10%

That means that over 10,000ped cycled I would waste 1kped on defense. That's a LOT of ped for someone who is trying not to deposit!

For this project I will hunt low level mobs with no armor and no fap. If my hp gets low I will browse the internet or chat with soc-mates until I naturally regenerate. I will use only maxed sib weapons which seem appropriate for the mob I am hunting.

I did two test runs before I started tracking, both of which I profited vs the TT. One was a 100ped run on Sabakuma Stalker-Prowlers with a Riker UL2(L) + A103, and the other was a 50ped run against snables using a geotrek LP120(L)

I wont be tracking skills since this project is more about playing cheaply.

I am currently lvl 12.2 evader and 10.99 dodger.

Mini-Goals

1. Loot a set of armor. (as an example for the new player challenge I am running at http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1169 )
    2. Get as close to breaking even vs the TT as I can.
    3. Get out and explore more, Its a big world and Ive only camped in a couple small out of the way areas since vu10 started.
    4. Play with more weapon options and learn their strengths.
    5. Become a better "mentor" by learning more about the mobs that new players can hunt.
    Wish me luck,

narfi

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

----------------------- 1st Run. ------------------------
    100ped of ammo on Caudatergus Young-Dominant south of Zychion with a Korss H380(L) + A103, using looted ammo for tagging and finishing with Opalo & LP120.

Costs:
    Ammo = 100ped
    Gun Decay = 16.13ped counting MU
    A103 Decay = 26.62ped
    Armor + Fap Decay = 0.0ped

Total Costs = 142.75

TT Profit according to EntropiaTools Inventory Compare = -6.64ped
    TT Return % = 95.35%

Profit w/ MU according to EntropiaTools Inventory Compare = +0.62ped
    Return % counting MU = 100.43%

note: entropiatools doesn't count mu for the fragments so I actually did slightly better than shown.

235 Nova Fragments
    40 Blazer Fragments
    3 Goblin Harnesses(M)
    1 Goblin Footguard(M)

Project Totals:

Expenses = 142.75
    TT Profit = -6.64 (95.35%)
    MU Profit = +0.62 (100.43%)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

wow - you're SO creative! This is a great project!

(and I see our merging of the posts works .... sorry, can't have it all and can't leave out some posts and not others ... :evil: )

3. narfi

narfi Lost

No worrys about the merging, I saw it right away and went back and added the "1st Run" heading to break it separate it a little from the first post.

I also went back this morning and added an explanation on how quickly defensive decay can catch up to you and bite you in the ped card.

have fun,
    narfi

4. Creat initiative, Narfi

I wish you the best of luck

jay :)

5. narfi

narfi Lost

Run #2

100ped of ammo on Beryclad & Caudatergus Young-Dominant south of North Space Base with a Korss H380(L) + A103, using looted ammo for tagging and finishing with Opalo & LP120.

Expenses:
    Offensive: 135.75
    Defensive: 0.00
    Total Expenses = 135.75

TT Profit according to EntropiaTools Inventory Compare = +27.24
    TT Return % = 120.07%

Profit w/ MU according to EntropiaTools Inventory Compare = +33.12
    Return % counting MU = 123.20%

note: entropiatools doesn't count mu for the fragments so I actually did slightly better than shown.

172 Nova Fragments
    33 Blazer Fragments
    1 Goblin Foot Guard(M) 1.11
    2 Kobold Arm Guards(F) 11.58, 12.33
    2 Shogun Thigh Guards(F) 7.09, 14.20
    1 Emik S50(L) 31.37

Seemed to be a good spot, but didn't get any more goblin pieces I needed. As you can tell this playing style takes me a couple days to burn through 100ped, so even if I was in the -% returns, I would be loosing slowly yet still having fun.

Project Totals:
    Expenses = 278.50
    TT Profit = +20.06 (107.20%)
    MU Profit = +33.74 (112.11%)

6. narfi

narfi Lost

Run #3

Run #3

50ped of ammo on Snables F&M Old-Dominant (and 1 Alpha) south-west of Fort Argus with the Emik S50(L) I looted in run two.

Expenses:
    Offensive: 67.67
    Total Expenses = 67.67

TT Profit according to EntropiaTools Inventory Compare = +13.70
    TT Return % = 120.24%

Profit w/ MU according to EntropiaTools Inventory Compare = +23.53
    Return % counting MU = 134.77%

note: entropiatools.com doesn't count mu for the fragments so I actually did slightly better than shown.

52 Nova Fragments
    38 Blazer Fragments
    1 Emik S30 5.20
    1 Goblin Arm Guards(F) 0.59
    5 Goblin Arm Guards(M) 0.34, 0.52, 0.90, 0.50, 2.46
    1 Goblin Thigh Guards(F) 0.51
    1 Goblin Thigh Guards(M) 0.48
    1 Pixie Arm Guards(F) 1.42
    3 Pixie Arm Guards(M) 1.03, 1.88, 0.49
    1 Pixie Gloves(F) 0.51

It might be low value stuff, but its fun to get so many items in loot!

Project Totals:
    Expenses = 346.17
    TT Profit = +33.76 (109.75%)
    MU Profit = +57.27 (116.54%)

7. narfi

narfi Lost

Run #4

Run #4

100ped of ammo on Exarosaur mature-Stalkers on LA#55 with a Korss H380 + A103.

Expenses:
    Offensive: 138.85
    Total Expenses = 138.85

TT Profit according to EntropiaTools Inventory Compare = -28.43
    TT Return % = 79.52%

Profit w/ MU according to EntropiaTools Inventory Compare = -24.32
    Return % counting MU = 82.47%

note: entropiatools.com doesn't count mu for the fragments so I actually did slightly better than shown.

203 Nova Fragments
    42 Blazer Fragments
    1 Emik S30 5.20
    3 Pixie Harness(F) 1.58, 2.23, 1.51
    1 Pixie Harness(M) 1.83
    1 Fap-5 5.84
    1 Fap-28 14.71

Didn't get the goblin gloves I was hoping for :(

Project Totals:
    Expenses = 485.02
    TT Profit = +5.33 (101.09%)
    MU Profit = +32.95 (106.79%)

8. Very interesting! I will have to give those small and cute mobs a go sometime (when funds are starting to run out).

Is it possible for you to also mention how much time you spend on each hunt? If around an hour or more in other words.

Good luck!

9. back when little Alice started with the small axe 1x0 hunting Bibos, I used the same tactic with healing and no armor
    but most were profit or close to

i got to read quite some books :D (means it will take a while)
    but that can actually be interesting from other perspectives

some forum nutters like me tend to read quite a lot, often before playing EU
    with this tactic you could log in right away, hunt a bit, when HP is down you start reading :P
    actually, i am already doing something like this, but while running (currently searching for mobs while writing this :D)

10. narfi

narfi Lost

I would estimate each run lasts me from 3-5 hours depending on the mob and weapon I choose. I play about 3 hours a day in 1 hour segments, so these runs are taking me several sittings each.

Yep this is exactly how I'm doing it. Not spending 20+minutes browsing forums before I log in each time actually gives me an extra hour of game play each day,(I have 3 one hour periods of free time for gaming a day) and all though its not actual gaming when I'm regenerating I am online that much more to answer questions and chat with my soc mates.

I wouldn't say this style of play is more or less fun, better or worse than hunting as hard and fast as I could for the hour I'm online trying to reach a personal decay goal that I had set for that hour. This style is defiantly more relaxing, and I am enjoying it for now.

narfi

11. narfi

narfi Lost

Run #5

Run #5

50ped of ammo on Daikeba, Chirpy & Gibnib north of Corinth on the Peninsula and the Island using the two Emik S30(L)s I looted in the earlier runs.

Expenses:
    Offensive: 59.99
    Total Expenses = 59.99

TT Profit according to EntropiaTools Inventory Compare = -3.11
    TT Return % = 94.81%

Profit w/ MU according to EntropiaTools Inventory Compare = -2.13
    Return % counting MU = 96.45%

235 Nova Fragments
    90 Blazer Fragments

biggest loot was 14ped off of a gibnib, no items this run though

Project Totals:
    Expenses = 545.01
    TT Profit = +2.22 (100.40%)
    MU Profit = +30.82 (105.65%)

12. This is a nice project i will be following this thread :D

gl Narfi

13. narfi

narfi Lost

Run #6

Run #6

~107ped decay on an ul Bicak Kek killing Cornundacauda West of Fort Zeus.
    I forgot to record my inventory before I started, so knife decay and loot mu will be educated guesses.

Expenses:
    Offensive: 107.00
    Total Expenses = 107.00

TT Profit = -43.31
    TT Return % = 59.52%

Profit w/ MU = -42.00
    Return % counting MU = 60.74%

146 Nova Fragments
    0 Blazer Fragments

My soc mate Dante warned me to stay away from the Corns, said they never loot good. I should have listened to him.

Project Totals:
    Expenses = 652.01
    TT Profit = -41.09 (93.70%)
    MU Profit = -11.18 (98.28%)

14. narfi

narfi Lost

Run #7

Run #7

2x TT Swords, 2x TT Knives, 2x TT Fists + using looted ammo with opalo/cb5 to tag w/ on swamp camp combibo.

Expenses:
    Offensive: 90.08
    Total Expenses = 90.08

TT Profit = -24.10
    TT Return % = 73.24%

Profit w/ MU = -18.28
    Return % counting MU = 79.13%

141 Nova Fragments
    59 Blazer Fragments

1 Goblin Gloves(M) 1.77
    1 Goblin Shins(M) 2.94

Another fairly poor run. This type of hunting is defiantly not a good idea in crowded areas. I will try and stick to being the only dot on radar from now on. I died mid mob too many times because of extra agro from the sweaters to expect any other outcome than what I got. Though I was surprised with the gloves from a stray exa that agroed on me... now I only need to get the face guard to complete the goblin set.

Project Totals:
    Expenses = 742.09
    TT Profit = -65.19 (91.21%)
    MU Profit = -29.46 (96.03%)

15. narfi

narfi Lost

Run #8

Run #8

UL Bicak Kek on Argo east of Twin.

Expenses:
    Offensive: 104.35
    Total Expenses = 104.35

TT Profit = -29.37
    TT Return % = 71.85%

Profit w/ MU = -27.34
    Return % counting MU = 73.80%

61 Nova Fragments
    0 Blazer Fragments

94 Iron Ore 12.22tt

Another fairly poor run. I honestly expected that I would have better Project Totals than im bringing in. I guess 1bad project out of 4 isnt bad though, and really my ped cycled is still fairly low.

Project Totals:
    Expenses = 846.44
    TT Profit = -94.56 (88.83%)
    MU Profit = -56.80 (93.29%)

16. narfi

narfi Lost

2x TTknifes Tier 1

I try and play low level and keep my costs at a minimum so I haven't put any thought into tiering besides the fun of finding good tier value tt weapons when the system first came out.

Tonight I decided to play a little and got the supplies needed to upgrade my two knifes. I just bought the lyst and melchi, I already had the rest of the stuff looted and in storage.

I bought enough for 2 clicks hoping that I would get one upgraded, but it was successful on the first try so I did the other and had another success. Lucky me :P

According to entropiatools it only cost me .31 after markup of materials in and residue out for each click. Now I realize that I didnt sell the residue for as much as they got from peauction, and I could have maybe sold the blazers for more, but its a good approximate estimate I think.

.31 to upgrade.. and if I had lost the weapon I think I would have actually profited, but im not sure how that works. I will be less hesitant to upgrade my stuff as they become ready now after trying it out for myself and realizing the cost really isnt that high.

I wont count any of this towards my 0% log totals even though it was something that I did.

narfi

17. narfi

narfi Lost

Run #9

Run #9

Korss H380(L) + A103 on Caud & Berys south of the North Space Base.

Expenses:
    Offensive: 142.52
    Total Expenses = 142.52

TT Profit = -54.21
    TT Return % = 61.96%

Profit w/ MU = -51.22
    Return % counting MU = 64.06%

Fap-15 6.45ped
    Gnome Shins(F) 0.71ped

248 Nova Fragments
    23 Blazer Fragments

Basically 1kped cycled so far and tt returns are ~85% and mu close to 90% I was hoping for 5+% better for both of those, but I'm guessing it will pick up in the long run.

Project Totals:
    Expenses = 988.96
    TT Profit = -149.17 (84.91%)
    MU Profit = -108.02 (89.07%)

18. narfi

narfi Lost

Run #10

Run #10

2x TTswords, 2x TTknifes, 2x TTfists

Expenses:
    Offensive: 88.84
    Total Expenses = 88.84

TT Profit = -31.11
    TT Return % = 64.98%

Profit w/ MU = -26.36
    Return % counting MU = 70.33%

Fap-5 3.38ped
    13 Foul skins 3.90ped(117%)
    40 Foul bones 1.20ped(411%)

101 Nova Fragments
    0 Blazer Fragments

notes: Summer is getting close so I'm working more, which means my runs are taking longer to finish as well.
    I sold 600ped of gazz this weekend for 128%, I'd bought it a couple weeks ago for 118%. A small profit here and there really helps, esp when the hunting isn't going in your favor.

Project Totals:
    Expenses = 1077.80
    TT Profit = -180.28 (83.27%)
    MU Profit = -134.38 (87.53%)

19. narfi

narfi Lost

Fun Run With Wife

My wife hasn't had time to play as much since we had our son in October (and she hasn't enjoyed trying to learn the changes that came with vu10, or the lack of beacon missions) but last night she wanted to go hunting with me. I promptly stopped the 0% defense run i was in the middle of (bristlehogs w/ cb13) and bought a BL1000(L) which I was less than 1/2 a dmg point from maxing and we went hunting. I wore Gremlin+3As and used a T1 between fights, she wore no armor and used an SK20.

Feffoids & Ambu east of Troy, I used the BL1000(L) + Beast, and she used an un-amped ColdIR.

My gun/ammo/amp costs = 250ped
    My armor/plate/fap costs = 4.10ped

Defense cost = 1.64% (hers were even lower since she didn't wear any armor and I was using the larger gun)

We globaled twice near the beginning of the hunt and would have profited if we had stopped there :P but we were having fun so we didn't.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/tracker.php?do=search&username=Jess + Narfi = <3

114ped Korss H400(L)
    64ped Thunderbird Gloves(M,L)

My tt profit = -20ped (92%)

My mu profit = -5 (98%)

I didn't add this to the totals since it wasn't truly part of the 0% defensive project, but my defense costs were pretty low and I can add it in if you guys want me too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.