Project Creatures

Discussion in 'EntropiaPlanets Wiki' started by Tass, Jan 16, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Tass

Tass Administrator

Project Creatures is going for a while already behind the scences, it's time to hit the public.

Project Creatures aims at getting a complete, form editable documentation of all EU creatures in the wiki. A lot has been done already but there's still a lot to do as well.

Perfect concept drawing, professionals would do the same. What you suggest would take half an hour to implement it for all creature pages.

Mh, I'm thinking about getting rid of these "rightside infoboxes" completely. That would of course take us the option to show how cool we can move things around by a click :tongue (2): :

creatures structure.png

2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I think Explanations would be better than explenations ;)

3. Tass

Tass Administrator

Mh, bump.

As of today we are one step closer to Narfi's old drawing from post#1.

Check out this examplary creature page: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Creature:Tide_Claw

Besides killing the "rightside infobox" completely it also introduces one major change:

As we know creatures can have several attack types, and attack types are attached to "Maturities", not to the creature template. So a first step in this direction has also been taken, here's a creature with two attacks: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Creature:Rextelum

So, what else to change? How should creature pages be structured? What should be displayed on creature pages and what not? What should be moved to attack types docu and what not? What should be moved to Maturities docu and what not?

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Do some maturities have different attack types from others then?

This is actually looking pretty good info wise. Liking the missions info and locations with the location of the quest givers too!

OK given the width needed by the maturity stats I'd say assume a browser is that wide. Then we need the combat stats and description to the right of the pic and what not rather than below.

I like the combat info. I wonder if maybe a standard colour scheme should be used too? Only a thought, don't know if its a good idea..

Stab white?
    Cut metalic?
    Impact flesh
    Penetration dark red?
    Shrapnel grey
    Burn red
    Cold blue
    Acid green
    Electri light blue

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  5. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Yes some maturities have other attack types then others, which is a pain in the butt wiki wise (well the way we have set it up in the past at least)

Moving some stuff into the big white space at the top was a suggestion I made too behind the scenes, should be possible indeed.

And color coding the combat types is a good idea, not sure if that possible, but definitely worth a look.

---

What about the loot table, is that something we should have, it will be outdated anyway. Maybe just have items that drop in there?

Globals, no way of tracking them (yet) for us, so best to remove that bit as well?

Trivia, don't think much creature pages have anything there anyway, gone?

Hunting log, that's a very cool feature (partly because I made it) but not used, remove? Or maybe write a thread about it explaining it so people will use it?

6. Tass

Tass Administrator

Tyvm for the feedback so far.

Using the Tide Claw page for experiments: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Creature:Tide_Claw
    • Top section has 2 columns now, it's probably the part that needs much more work. For example the image could be bigger, some field might be too small (-> "Destination(s)"), and what's the point in data like "Movement"? Combat (Close, Ranged, Firearms)?
    • Maturities table is a little bit more compressed now, same as missions table
    • Damage types have a color scheme now (better recognizable on http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Creature:Rextelum#Combat)
    • Description section has been killed and the creature description is supposed to appear just below the top box

7. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

I would possibly go with an image as large as the info box it is in now, just to add to the graphic nature we are going for in the wiki.

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I was going to say the same so image same height and maybe on the left "blam! image - first thing you see"
    Then the stats to the right of it.

Put trivia in "Description and Trivia" at the top as you did. I'd say ditch loot. I never looked at it on entropedia anyhow. Maybe have items if you like. But yeh the other stuff no point.

Typically whenever I have looked for mobs on wikis I've wanted to know

what it looks like and general info
    how much it can hurt me
    how much I can hurt it
    what damage types it does and how much
    where I can find it
    if there are any missions relating to it that I should be on before off'ing some

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.