Published First Book

Discussion in 'Entropia Fiction & Storytelling' started by Sorven, Oct 3, 2014.

1. As reminded by narfi, I need to post here too. Though I haven't been writing many new things for my blog (I hope to change that again soon), I was able to finally put a book together. It is a short science fiction novelette. It isn't tied to my avatar as the blog has been, this is a story I came up with while still working on the novel about Sorven. So if you're looking for a quick read, consider my book!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O57LZS0

• Like Like x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Now that I'm thinking about it... I'm pretty sure I posted this in the wrong spot. I was looking at it like there was a comma after miscellaneous. Any ideas where this should have gone? :)

3. This looks like the best spot and I can't wait to read what you have.

4. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

It is a difficult one, I moved it to Media & Storytelling, even though thats about Entropia mainly.
    Oh and I bought the book, going to read it in the coming days.

5. nanowrimo is less than a month away if you are thinking about a new novel to add to resume? :biggrin1::smirking::nunchucks:http://nanowrimo.org/

6. Oh they do reset the site next week, after that we can add our novels.
    I am psyched - hope I can do it :-D

7. $1.25 for 29 pages get the fuck outta here do it for free u money grabbing **** only 6 post on the forum here, Tell us more about it in the op , in my eyes that's same as them foreign people who cant spell, spamming forums why not sell this on PC forum see what they think.
    Show some repsect to the poor and I will have respect for you, i'm done for now. now eat me flame me like a burger XD.
    Any one can write 29 pages with an iq of retard and get paid where is the creativity of over 100 pages then I might buy.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  8. Yeah, I thought about it, but I already started my next book and would rather just focus on that one. That being said, I might still try to get it written by next month so I can start the proofreading process.

9. Thank you for taking the time to provide some input. I wasn't sure of the page length when I published, that gets calculated after. That being said, I am planning to write something more than a short story for the next one. This one was testing the waters, really, and a way to get my name out there. As for price, when you consider what people spend to play EU I don't think I am completely crazy. Amazon also doesn't let you set lower than $0.99US, and considering I took the time to try to get it slightly more professional than other ones I thought the price was fair. But to each their own, no one is saying you have to buy my book.

10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Well the writing style looks good

11. narfi

narfi Lost

Purchased and read on my phone :)

Can't wait till you publish a full length novel.

12. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I knew you would eventually do this. :thumbsup:
    I purchased it, and have several devices I can read it on.
    I wish you continued success with your writing.

I'll come back and give a personal review ... looking forward to the read. :smile:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. RAZER

Just finished your novelette in one go, very nice read and you actually start to feel sorry for Repnir (not telling you guys why, if you wanna know read the book) and happy in the end. And even if, for some, $1.25 might be a bit much for the size of the book, I enjoyed the read.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  14. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

It was $0.99 for me, and will read it later, but ... I can't believe that some are quibbling over the cost. It's an artistic endeavor from a writing perspective, and whether you rate the content good or not-so-good, the value of what was placed on the book was incredibly minimal relative to the effort, which I can most assuredly identify with, so this boggles my mind.

I think you're spoiled from those of us who have spent untold (volunteer) hours writing for this community at length, and perhaps your rating of cost is a bit skewed. :tongueout:

15. RAZER

You might have understood me wrong MS9 (or I have written it wrong) but the 1.25 (thats including tax for my part of the globe) was not to much for me at all it was a reaction to Holosquad somewhere above who thinks it is way to much. I did not have to think a second before buying it and enjoyed it from the first letter.

Updated my post a bit to reflect my thought better.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RAZER

And I can see why some people think it might be a bit pricey compared to a 300 page book you buy for about 7 euro (10 dollar), but I also understand that books like that are a very different ballgame and are distributed to millions of people which keeps price low (er).

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Will buy. If it's good I'd pay more! Besides, my attention span is quite..... Ohh a bunny! :alcohol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. wow you really are a cheap hateful prick....lol If 1.25 i to pricey for you how the fuck did you ever play EU....LOL

I'll buy 2 one for me and one for the cheap fuck above...
    Christ I tip more in a week at the local coffe shop than this....
    based on the reviews above sounds like a good read...looking forward to it. :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  19. Thanks everyone for the awesome feedback! I was super excited yesterday when I saw my book had real reviews. :biggrin: I was able to upload the cover art I had someone working on. So it has a less generic cover. Now I just need to make more time to work on my next book. I think I'm just about through chapter two on that and it's already 2/3 as long as this last one I published, so I anticipate a proper novella/novel length when it's done. If I can get going on it I am hoping I might have it finished by the end of the year.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Alright, for those that, like me, don't really have the money to buy things, I have set my book to be free from November 24 through November 28. This is my way of thanking you all for your encouragement. So if you have not purchased my book already, be sure to get your copy during the promotion!

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.