Religion and politics forum?

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by NotAdmin, Oct 15, 2009.

Should we add a subforum for religious and political discussion?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2009.
  1. Absolutely not!

19 vote(s)
    47.5%
  2. Only if it will be added to the opt-out list (meaning you can disable it from New Posts)

18 vote(s)
    45.0%
  3. Absolutely!

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Shinobi,

With all due respect, but why on [STRIKE]earth[/STRIKE] Calypso are you using a thread where a poll is presented asking our members on whether they think it would be a good idea to have a (sub)forum discussion on religion and politics to reveal an ingame-political speech?

I'm asking you nicely to edit your post into something on-topic, and to please refrain from hijacking threads.

2. Yes VF, Crystal! The point had to be made, showing the rellevance of the purpose of the OP. Does this not help in casting a vote , after looking at all the angles? After all it remains very much game-related and quite on topic. As was stated in my "speech" post, its an example:) And outdated:)

I shall comply NP. My appologies for accidentally giving peops the wrong idea there. Purelly an example that Politics, appart from religion of course, could be quite rellevant in a game like EU. Hope this clarrifies my point.

3. Shinobi, are you on drugs?

An entire post in Size 5 text... :rolleyes:

You'll be the my test object if EPs ignore feature works as it should if you keep doing stuff like that.

:spank::spank::spank:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fixed it , hope you aprove;)

5. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

The discussion forum we refer to is not related to ingame religion or discussions. It's a sincere question whether our community thinks whether they see any benefits in having a forum to discuss real life religious and political matters.

There are times when stuff happens in the world that people might want to react on, even in gaming communities (take for example, 9/11). Rather than just flat out taking a stand against it and plain locking the discussion, we figured we'd test the waters and see if people could see a use for it.

Either way, the outcome of the poll is fine with us, and we will act based on that outcome.

It has absolutely nothing to do with ingame matters. Those matters can be discussed either within the existing forum structure, or when need arises, we can create a seperate sub forum for roleplaying.

6. Tass

Tass Administrator

Ah! How stupid I do feel, a sincere mistake on my part. Me sorry very much:bowdown:

7. Better, yes - maybe i'll actually read that post now :P

And as you announced that you run your own forum now:

Capital letters, as well as bigger font sizes are seen as the written equivalent of shouting - everywhere on the internet - and should ONLY be used to emphasize single words or small parts of a sentence.

8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

So. Will you edit the post in question to something on-topic now?

Pretty please? With sugar on top.

Update Oct 17: Never you mind. If the mountain won't come to Moses, Moses goes to the mountain.

9. Sry missed this one. I didnt expect you wanted me to remove it entirelly. I did fix it and Whizzszz seemed ok with it. O well, Hallelujah and TY Moses.

10. Nevermind LOL, VF deleted it, not important and not relevent, good you notice I complied with your wishes:) Thanks for the capital letters explanation:) youre not all that bad afterall.

11. I guess I'm in the minority. I do think there should be a forum for such discussion. However it must and should be strictly moderated of personal attacks or hate speech. We (most of us) are adults and can have grown up discussions.

I think the advantage of this sort of forum would be to know better where each other is coming from. Some people have never traveled beyond their local borders and know nothing of other cultures and the effect it has on their beliefs.

Back on another forum when the Pres of the US gave a DVD set to the Prime Minister of the UK, I personally felt ashamed that the leader of my country gave such an insignificant and cheap gift to an ally. I offered an apology to my brothers and sisters in the UK, but it was removed because it was deemed political.

I feel such a forum could help build bridges and relationships both in game and irl.

If people don't feel comfortable with the discussions, just like any other thread, don't go in there.

12. no, no and no!

perception and other voodoo theories have no proof of any kind in the history - not IRL, nor in PE. I mean NO PROOF of ANY supernatural things! on the contrary, strict logic is working and proved to work over and over again since... always! in real and virtual universe :afro:

if it will be allowed, I'd rather disable seeing it.

politics? no thanks aswell. unless it has started serving people instead of interests of highest level of greed in the world.

P.S. offtopic can include any topic, religious and politics included. I see no conflict someone posting whichever topic there.

J.

13. molleke

molleke The Ultimate Turp

I agree completely with this.

14. Absolutely at 3...................3..

Gaming forum ftw!

:dancinggirls:

15. Shew has a compelling argument and point. Take the game EU, it is more than a game , encompasing an entire dimension of virtuality. Some who do not see the escoteric side of it, are blind. But respectfully, I have to go with the majority vote in this forum, so should you Shew ;)

16. Norbert

Norbert Cartoon Head

Both subjects create non-productive exchanges which cannot in most cases be resolved either way, often resulting in mindless squabbles. People tend to be blinkered to their own religion/political viewpoint not really allowing for any meaningful discussion between opposing standpoints, and often any attempt at debate just results in rhetoric with little content.

If world religious leaders and politicians can't after all these centuries develop common ground, i really can't see any discussion on the forum being of any use tbh.

I voted no - these things cause to much grief in RL, no need for them on a gaming forum imo.

17. Fascinating how peops opinions and perseptions are twisted in this world.

<removed by admin. Which part of "STOP YOUR RANTING AGAINST NON-BELIEVERS" in particular is it that you do not get, Shinobi?>

Is it coincidence that Christians take the most blame for for things goin evil and bad in the world? 6K years the planet earth has experienced bad governments and bad leadership. Then there is a hope and promise of a Kingdom , like the world has never seen or experienced before.

<removed by admin>

Why does Pizza-Hut use a UFO in their Loggo? That is definitelly no Feodora? VF could certainly answer this but he wouldnt due to a secret oath. Do you believe the Serpentine Greys are from a planet far away? LOL GL. The Book of Enoch speeak differently of them greys and who they realy are, and why they are liars .

I was not ranting admin! All angles need to be covered to do this properly thats all. You influencing the debate with overmoderation, causes you to invluence the voting outcome. Do you realize this? so when you brand someone as a ranter, even if he doesnt, it is law? Cmon Peter No-Fair man.

18. Norbert

Norbert Cartoon Head

WTF are you on crack or just crystal meth?:headscratch:

I didn't mention any religion, church, mosque, political viewpoint etc. I just pointed out that i doubt that a bunch of gamers are going to enter into a discussion that will solve anything or say anything that can't be read on 24,000 other forums relating to these subjects.

I didn't mention any religion, church, mosque, political viewpoint etc. I just pointed out that i doubt that a bunch of gamers are going to enter into a discussion that will solve anything or say anything that can't be read on 24,000 other forums relating to these subjects. I'll attempt though to try and answer some of your points.

Is it coincidence that Christians take the most blame for for things goin evil and bad in the world? - No, but to be fair other religions contributed a great deal to the bodycount.

6K years the planet earth has experienced bad governments and bad leadership. Then there is a hope and promise of a Kingdom , like the world has never seen or experienced before.- No hope just more shit different century, as for hope do you mean even more McDonald drive thru's and 711's? If so then i say bring it on. :D

Why does Pizza-Hut use a UFO in their Loggo? - Mainly because their pizza's are shit and overpriced, but ufo believing nutters might just make it their prime eating place. Maybe aliens are running pizza hut, judging by the materials used in their food it wouldn't surprise me.

Do you believe the Serpentine Greys are from a planet far away? LOL GL. The Book of Enoch speeak differently of them greys and who they realy are, and why they are liars . - Enoch Powell, or Enoch Williams the infamous centre forward for Wigan who first revealed a habit of "dogging" in 1930.

19. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Hut ... Shinobi, is a hat, not UFO .. sorry

20. Very intelligent reply LOL Lemme guess, you think youre sober to the extreme? No Nobert, I dont do drugs. MY job responsibilities in RL dont allow me the luxury of escape via drugs.

Makes me think tho, have you been cooped up somwhere all your life without travelling? Have you never been confronted by unexplainable or supernatural things? Or did you choose to negate and ignore it? Do you fear such things?Is not the purpose of horror movies to condition peops to fear such things or ridicule it? Have human beings no Spirits and souls? Is not the Lord of Spirits the one who alocates them places and times? How is it for you to live life without hope of after-life? why choose the losing side when the outcome is predetermened?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.