Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by NotAdmin, Nov 10, 2011.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Well, after receiving several requests for it, I finally reintroduced a reputation system, to compliment the Like system. It's fully integrated into Xenforo, and here is how to put it to good use.

Whenever you come across a post you wish to leave a private message to the user on (when we say private, that means hidden from other users, though the recipient and administrators can see it), use the "Give reputation" button at the very button:

Reputation.png

In the window, type your reputation note for the user:

Reputation1.png

The amount of reputation points you can give will depend on several factors:
    • Your registration date. The longer you have been a member, the more points you can give.
    • Your post count. The more posts you have made, the more points you can give.
    • Your Trophy count. The more Trophies you have earned, the more points you can give.
    • Your own reputation. The more reputation points you get from other users, the more points you can give.
    There are also limitations. Per day, you can give out a maximum of 10 reps, and you need to spread rep around before you can rep the same person (currently set to 15 different people).

Subscribers of our site (which YOU can become for a mere 3.50 USD per month, or 35 USD per year. To do so, next to your username at the top of the forum, expand the user menu, and select "Account upgrade") will also be able to hand out negative reputation. I would encourage you to do so with care, though.

The value of reputation is not made visible for now, as I would prefer the system to be used more as a system to rate nice posts and being able to chuck a little message to the poster, rather than a measure to rate popularity. For that, the "Like" system would probably be better suited.

Oh, and when we said it integrates fully with XenForo, we meant it. When someone gives out reputation to you, you will be informed by means of an alter:

Reputation2.png

A longer list of reputation can be found in your profile, on the Reputation tab. The information on it is only visible by you yourself or administrators:​

Reputation3.png

You will be able to see the username of the user that gave you a reputation message (shown highlit in green), the message they left for you (directly behind the username), as well as an excerpt of the post you received reputation for. At the end of the excerpt, you will have the possibility to click the link marked "Post" (shown highlit in yellow), to be taken to the full post.​

In the post itself, whenever you have been given reputation for it, you will be able to see it by means of the "Reputation" link:​

Reputation4.png

Clicking on that will show all the reputations given for that post, like so:

Reputation5.png

We hope you will find this version of a reputation system useful :tiphat:.​

2. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Tried it out... works like a charm!! :smirking: Ty :alien:

3. OMG that means you can see that I was talking about you???

I am only worth 2, how pathetic am I? lol

lol so I have to pay to be a bitch ??

Now just how are we going to talk about you if you can see it??​

4. I think the admin needs to go read my reps, I just got threatened. :tongueout: Tell me who is was and i'll give you a cookie :)

5. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

:popcorn: guys come on over lets watch a cat -fight :yay:

6. LOL!

meooooooooooooow hiss hiss

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.