Rescue Me! Racing Event

Discussion in 'The VCC Rally Series' started by Chrome, Apr 3, 2011.

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]With the high increase of traffic off the coasts of Eudoria and Amethera, a new volunteer organization has recently been formed to help protect and serve the citizens of Calypso...[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The Calypso Coast Guard <---link[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The CCG currently performs several rescue mission per day, assisting those who are lost, stuck at outposts, or in need of a lift to a TP location.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In order to promote their services and recruit new members, the CCG officers have decided to offer an intensive training course, free to the public and complete with prizes!!! The CCG is proud to present a whole new unique event called...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Rescue Me![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This event will be held on Sunday, May 1, 2011 @20:00MA[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The start finish line is located at 60130/76300[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]<Northeast of Port Atlantis, on the beach near the CCG headquarters on the cliff>[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Please register in advance for Rescue Me! on either EntropiaPlanets.com or PlanetCalypsoForum.com before 16:00MA time on the day of the event.[/FONT]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Event Description[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Rescue Me! Is a new type of event that involves team work, navigation skills, swimming and running agility, and driving abilities in small speed boats (Jormungand MK1) provided by the CCG.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Rescue Teams of two people per boat (driver and navigator) will be sent on a mission to find a lost person at sea within a provided map chart (see below). Once the victim is located, the navigator will leave the boat on a rescue dive to the bottom of the ocean floor. The navigator will "rescue" the victim by picking up a designated team object, and return to the boat. The team will then head back to the start/finish area, where the navigator will then race up the beach on foot to the finish line. Upon crossing the finish, each team navigator must place their victim (items) on the ground in order to verify completion of the rescue mission for the finish line officials.[/FONT]

3. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Rules & Information[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
      [*]All boats used in this event will be provided to registered teams, you do not need to own a boat to participate in Rescue Me! If you already own a boat, it will not be allowed in the event... you must use the boat provided by the CCG.
      [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
      [*]Fuel will be provided for the boats, and there is no entry fee for this FREE EVENT!!!
      [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
      [*]You must register as a team of two. Please provide your full avatar name and your teammate’s full avatar name, and designate who will be the driver in the team and who will be the navigator in the team. Only one person in the team needs to post this information please.
      [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
      [*]Prior to the event, each team will be assigned a team color in the Rescue Me! heat information. Each team will be assigned to a boat with their designated team color, and must rescue items (paint cans) of their designated team color. <NOTE: each heat will have a different number of stacked paint cans to pick up>
      [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
      [*]Any team that picks up items not assigned to their team will be disqualified!
      [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
      [*]Observers are welcome to watch the event from the sky or the sea, however we ask that you in no way provide any help to the teams. If a team is found receiving and acting on outside help then the team will be disqualified. If an observer is providing outside help, to avoid your teams disqualification please report it immediately to an Official.
      [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
      [*]The navigator can either use a digital copy or print off a copy of the grid map for the event.
      [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
      [*]Team Boats will be lined up at the start between two Nalfagar Patrol Boats. With 10 seconds remaining before the start, the grid map block of the victim will be announced in general chat. Teams will "GO" when the Nalfagar Turret fires to signal the start of the rescue mission.
      [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
      [*]Any team starting the race from the start line before the “go” is given will be disqualified.
      [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
      [*]Please... no cheating!!! This is meant to be a fun event for any and all skill level.
      [/FONT]

4. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Prizes[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1st Place = Two MK1 Boats and 125 PED of oil[/FONT]

[​IMG]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]2nd Place = 100 PED of oil[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]

3rd Place = 75 PED of oil[/FONT]

5. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Team Registration and Event Officials[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Fiona Kitten Shamrock - Event Organizer and CCG Officer[/FONT]
    Mono Chrome Monochrome - Event Organizer / Rescue Me! Victim

1. NovaTech Spongey Bob & Stanley Miles Stardust
    2. Uncontrolled HC Havoc (Driver) & Zoe Elizabeth Jackson (Navigator)
    3. Whisky DerKleBesTiF Mongoose (Driver) & Master SirWhizer Pain (Navigator)
    4. Ande Avatar Evans (Driver) & Jason Wanderer Longbow (Navigator)

6. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Very nice and thought through event :) looks like fun!

7. Sounds like fun - l'll register when I line up a team mate.

:beerchug:

Miles

• Like Like x 1
  8. Put us down on the list,

Team: Baywatch :clap:
    NovaTech Spongey Bob & Stanley Miles Stardust

Thanks for moving my post & yes the photo on the left is me. No really it is

• Like Like x 1
  9. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Nicely organized as always Chrome, and I would like to donate 100 PED toward any prizes that you will be giving out. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. safara

safara Pamwe Chete

Oer - may have to get organised for this one :)

11. Spongey will drive, and I'll navigate!

:beerchug:
    Miles

12. Registered!!!

Thanks kindly!!!

13. bump bump bump for signups!!!

14. Rescue Me! Official Theme Song

15. Rescue Me! Official Theme Song

Two weeks until this event, sign up soon as space will be limited!!!

16. Prizes posted!!!

17. fiona2011

fiona2011 Fleet Admiral

Prizes posted!!!

bump bump...bump bump

18. Prizes posted!!!

* * bump!!! * *

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Prizes posted!!!

May Day!!! May Day!!!

Tomorrow is May Day!!!

Rescue Me!!!

20. Prizes posted!!!

List of Participants: HEATS

Heat 1 - 20:00MA
    1.NovaTech Spongey Bob (Driver) & Stanley Miles Stardust (Navigator) ORANGE
    2.Uncontrolled HC Havoc (Driver) & Zoe Elizabeth Jackson (Navigator) PURPLE
    3.Whisky DerKleBesTiF Mongoose (Driver) & Master SirWhizer Pain (Navigator) YELLOW
    4.Ande Avatar Evans (Driver) & Jason Wanderer Longbow (Navigator) GREEN
    5.Dean Booga Picker (Driver) & Jack Cappy Walsh (Navigator) TEAL

Heat 2 - 20:15MA
    5.Oleg Oleg McMullery (Driver) & Jacxie Jacx Wox (Navigator) ORANGE
    6.Thomas Skandis Stale (Driver) and Samakaru Warrior Yelvington (Navigator) PURPLE
    7.Johnnyfly (Driver) and buddy Tommy (Navigator) YELLOW
    8.Lord Destroyer 13 (Driver) & Nahtanos Nahtanos Amatre (Navigator) GREEN

SemiFinal 1 - 20:30MA
    H1 - #1 TEAL
    H2 - #3 ORANGE

SemiFinal 2 - 20:45MA
    H1 - #2 YELLOW
    H2 - #2 GREEN

SemiFinal 3 - 21:00MA
    H1 - #3 TEAL
    H2 - #1 ORANGE

FINALS - Approx 21:30MA
    SF1 - #1 ORANGE
    SF2 - #1 YELLOW
    SF3 - #1 GREEN

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.