Scattamah vs Phunksta songs

Discussion in 'Other media' started by Phunkygeeza, Jun 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Well, it's VERY early days, and they are far from finished, but Scattamah and I have finally put some of our songs/tunes on the web.

Philistine vs Scattamah

Keep checking back becasue as we finish more of our catalogue we'll be posting them up!

• Like Like x 13
  2. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

All 4 tracks sound great Phunksta, some really nice sounds and great variety in the percussion/rhythm section. Good work. :ok:

• Like Like x 8
  3. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

Very nice. When does the CD come out?? :D :D :D

• Like Like x 9
  4. Some great tunes there. Glad you got them shared that way, no need to download anything.

• Like Like x 5
  5. I think some new ones are up there now too...

• Like Like x 4
  6. Big update...

Many more tracks in there now. I'd particularly like to hear what people think of 'Technobabble'.
    We have also remastered using the excellent 'Dynamic Spectrum Mapper' plugin, which makes compression VERY VERY easy.

Enjoy :)

• Like Like x 7
  7. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Some nice, fat, bottom-end sound in Technobabble. I liked it. :ok:

Are they your voices in the mix? Was fun trying to pick out what sounded like multiple voices, and some female vox also. Nice work again. :yahoo: :headbang:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Hack in a Box is a good creepy one, rather dark and mysterious. Very cool. :ok:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks again Burger!

Yeah it started with me reading the indix page of the TCP/IP reference manual, just to give us something to try the vocoder with. It went in so well we kept it. Later we re-recorded it using a 'proper' microphone (not the headset thing we started out with) and we both did a version of the same 'babble.
    There are then 2 vocoders, and 2 ring modulators which phase in and out of each other giving all the different voice 'timbres'.

Like a lit of our tracks, it was half accident!

Hack in a box is another one - totally unfinished and not sure what to do with it. This is why it stumbles around quite a bit and doesn't really go anywhere. But, we stubmled on the sound whilst jamming away at another track, and laid it down seperately for playing with later.
    Since we've fiddled with it some and added more layers, but we're still not sure what to do with it!

We also have about anoth 20 concepts we put aside for now as we can't seem to get anywhere with 'em. Hopefully they will grow into proper tracks eventually.

I'd really like to get a 'proper' vocalist involved. You can make lots of sounds with the technology - it's fantastically versatile - but to make a real 'song' you have to have a vocal. There seem to be very few listeners who can get on with purely instrumental tracks.

A lot of the instrumental artists I take my influences from end up selling their tracks to advertisers, or they often get used as backing music to TV announcers etc; Bonobo being one of them, St Germain and Air being others.

Well hopefully we can get to some new tracks soon. I want to start some more up-beat stuff - again making tracks that are slightly more acceptable to the general listener.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2009
    • Like Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.