Screen capture in Entropia ?

Discussion in 'Guides and help' started by Viperstrike, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Hi All,

I have started out as a newbie "Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike" and am looking forward to blogging my adventures as I slowly progress.

I need some advise on what would be best to use for capturing screenshots in Entropia and making small videos.

I have a very old version of FRAPs which I am not sure will work with my current config.

Config : Windows 7 x64 Professional
    6Gb Memory
    GTX 470 Nvidia Card
    Running Entropia full screen 1920 x 1080 Full HD Widescreen

Since I am not running in windows mode, would it be advisable to buy the latest fraps to use with Entropia full screen ....

Does anyone else use FRAPs in Entropia full screen and is there any problems with it ?

Or have advise on any other screen capture + video recording application ?

I have 2 blogs up so far in the blog section of this forum, I am real new to blogging so any advise would help to make blogging with screenshots/video more enjoyable is appreciated :)

Blogs so far:
    http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/entries/test-blog-and-hello-to-all-entropians-from-viper.139/

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/foru...ould-like-to-achieve-july-2011-june-2012.140/

Thanks,
    Viper

2. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I have used a registered (paid) version of FRAPS for 6 years now, and anytime there's been an update, I get it for free, there is never an additional charge. I have had no issues with this application whatsoever, and I have found that with the latest update, my fps is even higher - as high as over 80 and 100 at various times within EU, instead of the standard 30 or even 60. I think as long as you have the registered version and keep it updated (you get notices), then this should work just fine on your setup. I can't think of any reason that it wouldn't.

Looking forward to your productions. :)

3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I'm also using the registered version of FRAPs. Most of my EU time is spent in windowed mode, but at times I switch to FS, and that works absolutely brilliant.

4. Thanks guys,

I looked through my cd collection and couldn't find the old fraps I had :(
    I am not sure if it was registered or a trial, I got it with one of my old PC video cards.

It looks like I will be buying the latest version from the FRAPs website.

Thanks for the advise. I am glad it works with Entropia full screen post VU10 :)

5. Amber Knightley

Amber Knightley I see dead people.

I found a very capable software for this the other day, which is free.
    http://taksi.sourceforge.net/
    Although it haven't been updated since 2006 I managed to record video from entropia just fine.
    It is not very hard to use but not as obvious as fraps.

I've had problems recording with fraps since it reduces my fps quite a bit.

So far I haven't really switched, I still like the fps counter of fraps and I have yet to try screenshots with taksi.
    And after all I mainly take screenies :D
    I found recording uncompressed video reduces fps the least with taksi, although creating large files.
    (also when stopping the recording it can take a little bit of time to save it, halting the game)

Keep in mind that my computer is not very capable when it comes to entropia.

6. Hi Amber,

Thanks for the info. I will take note of that application.
    I purchased the latest Fraps - http://www.fraps.com/

Now to play around with it a bit :D

7. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

So, where are those pictures??

Send using Tapatalk

8. hehe still too newbie to photograph anything worthwhile yet, no real achievements made except over 2500 blp skill (lvl 15) and almost 100 QR on simple conductors I ... still a way to go, at 93.1 atm crafting only on quantity since I am not a condition crafter. Quantity all the way ;)

9. RAZER

who says that pictures need to be of some achievement, it could just be beautiful to, like this one:

Entropia 2011-06-02 21-07-00-23.jpg

10. :D Nice picture indeed.
    The only problem is I have been staring at a crafting machine the last few days making Plastic I conductors ...
    I guess one achievement is I reached 100 QR today lol.

11. RAZER

picture or it didn't happen ;)

12. Where is the gallery gone Mr Admin :eek:

For you razer ;) I had to cut it down and put it in gif format for tinypic to like it :confused:

[​IMG]

13. Nevermind, found the Upload a File button :oops:

Lets see here ... Uploading :p

viper.jpg

14. RAZER

see now that is proof :)
    Nice logo to.

15. MindStar9

Is that a Chirpie logo Viper? :p

16. LOL your such a tease cheeky MS9 ;)

It is a new breed of chirpy, Adjusted Viper Chirpy :wavespin:

17. MindStar9

Love it. :D

18. Being such a noob at it, I made my first Entropia video using fraps and uploaded it to youtube :D

It is of the failed bug which should be fixed with todays update, but hey I did it, :dance: *Noob Flex* :dance:

I bought the registered version but haven't installed it yet.
    The unregistered works fine, but only gives 30 seconds of recording.

19. MindStar9

Hey Viper ... nice effort there indeed ... can't wait to see what you do with the registered version. :)

Unless you absolutely need to have your hud on during filming, clearing the screen doesn't detract from taking screenshots or video with FRAPS. You're probably aware of this already, but there are icons in the action library that do this - one to clear the hud, and one to clear all icons and your quick bar. The keys "V" (for hud) and "B" for the icons are the common keys used.

Also, with the registered version, you have the option of setting up a folder on your hard drive for both screenshots and video footage so that you can keep everything organized. You can title them whatever you want and add a date so each adventure is easily accessible.

Have fun! :)

20. Cool, thanks for the advise MS9 :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.