Selling: Shares in the Rocktropia Shop Co-Op

Discussion in 'Trading & services' started by narfi, Jul 9, 2011.

1. narfi

narfi Lost

This is an opportunity for anyone not able or unwilling to purchase a shop of their own.

Perfect for new players who want to get into the business aspect of the game.
    Perfect for older players who have always dreamed of owning a shop.
    Perfect for players or pilots from other planets who want to sell items on Rocktropia without needing to be there to manage it.

I have priced the shares cheaper than the next cheapest option which is an apartment with a shopkeeper in it.
    (Apartment = 1000ped, Shopkeeper = 3500ped, so 4500ped for 20 item slots.)

Advantages to being a member of the Co-Op over owning an Apartment with Shopkeeper are:
    • Cheaper
    • Available in smaller number of slot increments
    • More available to the public 'window shoppers'
    • Free Advertizing from the other Co-Op members
    • Managed by someone with experience
    • Free advertizing by Narfi(myself) who is well known and trusted on Rocktropia
    • No monthly maintenance fee (I will pay the shops fee)

Disadvantages to being a Co-Op member over running your own Apartment+Shopkeeper 'store':
    • You wont have instant control of changes
    • Trust is required
    • Re-sale may or may not be as easy

Pricing for the Original Co-Op members:
    • 20 item slots in the shop can be bought for 2750ped (a 750ped savings over a shopkeeper, and a 1750ped savings over an apartment+shopkeeper)
    • 5 item slots in the shop can be bought for 750ped (a 125ped savings over a 1/4 share of a shopkeeper without the need to spend 1kped on an apartment)

Prices of shares sold by me will increase after the initial Co-Op is setup. (likely price at that time will be 850ped per 5 slot share) This should encourage people to be involved from the beginning as well as allow them some 'resale' profit if they decide to sell later.

Once the original Co-Op is formed there will be a 50ped fee for any new members rather they purchase shares from me, or from former members. This will cover the time for me to make changes to the shop and shared spreadsheets.

Each Co-Op member will have a Table or Shelf as well as a sign with their name or short message in the shop which do not count against their item count.
    If a member wants me to hold onto more than their allotted slots to fill when items sell, they will need to supply me with a storage container capable of holding the extra items and it will be placed under or beside their table in the shop.(the container will not count against their item count either)

I will have a google docs spreadsheet shared with each Co-Op member with their items and current markup as well as what ped they have coming from sales.

If you decide to sell your share/s I will have first option of buying them back.

Trust is always an issue with endeavors like this in a RCE. If you have any doubts about my integrity I would encourage you not to participate.

I do not want your ped until I have made a purchase agreement for the shop.
    For now I just want a commitment to number of shares and ped amount.

When a shop becomes available for purchase either p2p or through the auction I will discuss it with the current members but ultimately the decision will be mine.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
    Please keep this thread clean, only questions about the Co-Op or Posting that you are interested in joining.
    If you feel the need to post anything else, feel free to start your own thread and link it here.

Good Luck and have fun :)

narfi

2. narfi

narfi Lost

Reserved Post

3. Good idea, hope it goes well.

4. Enzo

Enzo Next Island Manager

GL with this dood. Sounds like a great idea!!! Let me know how it goes :)

5. narfi

narfi Lost

I have 2 commitments, 2 interested, and one maybe interested in the future.

Lets call this a bump :)

narfi

6. narfi

narfi Lost

This is a good chance for you to get involved in shop ownership.

7. narfi

narfi Lost

Bump it up ;)

8. narfi

narfi Lost

Still have 3 people interested, looking for more.

narfi

9. narfi

narfi Lost

Share price lowered if you make a commitment before monday!
    5 item slots 750ped
    10 item slots 1200ped
    20 item slots 2000ped

I may be able to purchase a shop if we get enough people now.
    PM me for details.

narfi

10. narfi

narfi Lost

Share price lowered if you make a commitment before monday!
    5 item slots 750ped
    10 item slots 1200ped
    20 item slots 2000ped

I may be able to purchase a shop if we get enough people now.
    PM me for details.

narfi

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.