Shameless Theft at AH West

Discussion in 'Entropia Events' started by Tass, Sep 12, 2010.

1. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Indeed, it is strange, and nothing expected whatsoever, so it looks like further investigation is in order by EPMC. I'll see what I can find out, and just where this is going. I now wonder if someone on the inside of law enforcement is actually helping this thief remain elusive. I'll get to the bottom of this somehow and get back with you.

2. MindStar9

This continues to be rather strange, but what I've learned from my source inside the PAPD is this ... that the funding of the project to solicit help from the community has been canceled. Also, that the investigators in charge of the case are severely unhappy about this fact, but are not allowed to talk about it, and ... interestingly enough, they also had to delete the press release scheduled for tomorrow that would have informed the public about the site of the crime.

I can tell you this much, the atmosphere has changed, and this is becoming a rather dangerous undertaking trying to gather information. I fear that for me as well as for the community, we need to proceed with caution. I know that something's coming, but I can't reveal anything openly at this time, so this may be my last message. I might need to devise a way to communicate with you in code, but this community is wise, so I'm banking on the fact that you will be able to figure things out.

Please bear with me and stay tuned for my messages, because one way or the other, we will get to the bottom of this. I'm not pleased at all with what's going on inside PAPD, and I am willing to bet that between us, we can bring this bloody criminal down.

Out for now.

3. Eva

Eva

Just curious..when is the "drawing" for cont pts going to be and when are you going to start handing out prizes? :)

4. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

i have a funny feeling that the "event" isn't yet over if i'm reading MS9's last post correctly...

5. MindStar9

You are correct, and ... I'm rather curious about a message I got in a PM that I am investigating now, so I will definitely be back with more information as I sort this out. This is moving in a rather interesting direction, so please stay here with me, because I have a feeling that it will be ME this time who will need the community's help. Seems we can't rely on the PAPD to keep things straight or progressive. There's too much interference in that respect.

Also, I have a sneaky suspicion that there will be a bit of decoding involved since the person sending me the PM is not willing to go public with certain information about this case.

Holy crap ... the PAPD just busted through my office door ...

6. :shoot:Hopefully Mindstar is ok and hopefully we hear more today!

7. MindStar9

I'm ok, but I'll definitely have something to report when I get back here in the morning. This was NOT fun! :curse:

*I am -4 game time*

8. MindStar9

This is not only getting more dangerous, but more curious, and come hell or high water, I'm going to get to the bottom of this if it's the last thing I do. I initially found it rather strange that the PAPD canceled the remaining 100 PED reward for assistance in capturing this elusive thief, but then after what happened yesterday, it only confirms to me once again, that something is rotten in Denmark.

Yesterday, as I was posting in this thread ... the PAPD busted into my office with a search warrant (don't know why they didn't just turn the knob, the door is unlocked during business hours :bduh: ... they owe me big time, and I'll sue their blimey asses if I have to). Seems they were looking for classified information that might have been passed on to me by someone on the inside at PAPD regarding the theft, and they wanted to find out who my source was. Do these guys really think if there was anything that I would keep it at the media office?

Needless to say ... they left empty handed, but what I found curious was that these guys didn't look like the regular staff at PAPD. Meaning ... I had never seen them before, and I've been at the PAPD Headquarters plenty of times during my investigative reporting over the years. Perhaps I should have scrutinized that search warrant a bit more closely? :banghead:

Here's something really interesting though ... about 30 minutes after the PAPD (or now the supposed PAPD) left my office in a shambles, I found an envelope that was shoved under my door. Inside the envelope was a PED card with a 100 PED value on it, and a message. I will post the message in its entirety tomorrow (Monday) at 15:00 game time, because I want to sort this out before I share it with you, but ... I can tell you this much ... it looks like a cluster of tasks (about 10) that need to be completed as a set. It appears to be something that can potentially give us a clue as to the location of where the crime took place.

This is a good thing, because the final portion of the reward money is being offered up by a source outside of the PAPD, and it means that we will (hopefully) be getting closer to solving this mystery and rewarding the prizes. I have an extremely busy schedule, so I'm going to definitely have to rely on the community for some help with this. I'll get back with you at 15:00 game time on Monday and give you all of the details of this next operation.

In the meantime ... remain vigilant, but safe, and ... I still have no clue who this Mr Johnson is who posted such a strange thread, but this is another mystery that I plan on solving. My time is so limited since I'm also working on the December issue of the Entropia Times magazine, but we'll get through this, and thank you for helping, it's really appreciated.

Be careful who you talk to!

9. EwoK

its hard to hurt ol' MS9 when she's "movin' at MachStar9 with her hair on fire!"......though i hope she has a fire extinguisher and a fresh wig handy at that point....;) :lolup:

10. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

decided to try and enter the mistery here (a bit late but still :) )
    so 8 exits at smuggler base and 8 spaceships at billiy's, and i think the baner should be visible(copied it into my signature case)[​IMG]

11. EwoK

might want to edit your post mate, coz you're gonna disqualify yourself for naming a certain ex-smugglers base.....

12. oops, only remembered not to post coordonates :) thanks for the warning :)

13. Eva

Eva

Task one View attachment 285

Task Two View attachment 286 View attachment 287

and I'm pretty sure your feet aren't supposed to be in the water...after all that wouldn't count as land still right?

o and I'm adding the sig tag as well, I hope we catch this thief soon. In the meantime I'm selling Omegaton 109 A Mastalocks for added protection! For all you scared vehicle owners I'll have The Club in stock soon as well! ;)

Apparently I'm lacking some major skills and cannot even solve how to add the theft signature. I know how to add a signature, but how do I copy that one?

Attached Files:

14. MindStar9

As I mentioned to you yesterday, I received a strange package under my media office door. In the package was a PED card with a 100 PED value, along with a message indicating that we were too close to discovering the location of the crime to stop now. This person was quite angry that PAPD pulled the plug on the final reward money being set aside for help being given by the community in sorting out the mystery of the item that was stolen.

Therefore, this anonymous person is offering the final 100 PED as a reward for completing Task #5, which must be solved as a set. In doing so, I am informed that the collective answers will give us the location of the crime. There was a hint that a message might appear in the ad system as well, so be sure to look for that.

===================

Task #5 – 100 PEDs in Rewards is Being Offered

The following steps must be completed in order as listed, with the instructions followed explicitly. Failing to do so will result in disqualification for any potential reward, so please read carefully.

A -- How many TPs can be found in the new Port Atlantis (City - not Area)? Take a photo of one of them.
    B -- How many tribes are fighting each other in the EntropiaPlanets Conquest Game?
    C -- How many boxes can be found behind the barracks at Nus Lull?
    D -- How many floors connect the Televator at the Port Atlantis Sky Lounge? Take a photo of the Lounge.
    E -- What exact number is the interviewed person mentioning in his 2nd response on page 48 of the EntropiaTimes latest issue?
    F -- How many letters in the surname of the Genesis Star's CEO? Take a photo of the person.
    G -- On which day of the week (number – not day) did a Creative Director of one of MA's Planet Partners speak at a University about another planet coming to Entropia Universe? (EP Wiki is your friend).
    H -- How many stones can be found at exactly (61151, 74125, 83)? Take a photo of the nearest fire place.
    I -- Anti-SpamBot Measure! Can you count? How much is the result of G minus the result of H?
    J -- What number is the digit sum of the digit sum of a number that is written on a structure close to the biggest lake in the Port Atlantis Area? [Note: General Graphics Quality, or at least Texture Quality must be set to Medium or higher to be able to read it].
    K -- Like Key. The key that opens the door to a crime scene can be found at (61595, 75161, 133) and (62894, 82497, 243) and (61584, 75221, 128) and (62032, 80240, 157) and (61591, 75214, 119) and ...

===================

Please find the answers to the questions. Post the required photos in this thread, which should also include a time stamp ("U") and your avatar name.

Then, Send me (MS9) a private message including the exact coordinates of the crime scene.

Posting anything related to the crime location in this public thread will lead to disqualification.

Note : To complete "Task #5" you must post the mentioned screenshots in this thread, and only send the crime scene location via PM.

Rewards will be given in the order of completing this task:

1 -- 40 PED + 1 contribution point
    2 -- 30 PED + 1 contribution point
    3 -- 20 PED + 1 contribution point
    4 -- 10 PED + 1 contribution point

As I mentioned before, I do not have adequate time to do this investigation on my own, so your help will be immensely appreciated, and of course rewarded. We are getting closer to solving this mystery, and the sooner we can get this thief off the streets of Calypso and behind bars the better.

I think together, we will not only be able to gain the crime scene location, but devise a plan to actually capture this elusive criminal.

[FONT=&quot]Looking forward to your results![/FONT]

15. Eva

Eva

hmmm it is past 1500 MA time, maybe the thief kidnapped mindstar? O noes!

16. MindStar9

We must have been posting at the same time Hon, so check the post above yours. ;)

Sorry, was a few minutes late posting. :)

17. Eva

Eva

does that mean part k we send via pm?
    I'm confused.

18. Eva

Eva

Attached Files:

• A.jpg
      A.jpg
      File size:
      21.3 KB
      Views:
    • b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      20.9 KB
      Views:
    • c.jpg
      c.jpg
      File size:
      20.8 KB
      Views:
    • d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      17.2 KB
      Views:
  19. Eva

Eva

I'm assuming K we must pm to you because if it is the door to the crime scene...well then.
    If not i will be happy to add it here.

20. Tass

Tass Administrator

Hi Eva,

the task only requires the screenshots posted and the pm sent. By posting all the numbers you definetely help your competitors.

And a little hint: "100's of" doesn't sound like an "exact number".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.