Short term goals?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by neocrypter, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Hi all long time recycled noon here aka I have been in and out of the universe since around 2009 I have a tendency to play for a few weeks then leave for a year and rinse and repeat.

EU is one of those games I want to love and I know I can but I need some help doing so. Frankly I have a hard time setting goals that I can complete or see at least some progress in, in enough time to not get discouraged. I do not have the ability to deposit often or in any considerable amount. So I try to find things to do that I can afford that perhaps I can make a profit off of or at least break even.

Right now I would like to figure out a way to get a Quad purely off of in game income, I have a sleph but traveling between planets in it takes ages, and I do tend to fly between Cally, Ark and Rocktopia quite a bit ( I know it's a waste of peds ) but I do enjoy space flight quite a bit.

So my question is, would you consider this a decently short term goal eg within a month or so, or am I still aiming to high? And what activities would you recommend that might facilitate this goal?

2. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

A Quad? I assume you mean "Sleipnir" by typing "sleph"? Just sell it and buy a cheap wrack-Quad at low stats for ~30 PED. It flys like a completely new one and will do the same job. Check out the revival zones in space. Fly until you are short behind the borders of your target. Log out and save the fuel. Log in again and do rest of the flight starting from the local space station. Btw. if I remember right you can store some gallons of emergency-fuel in the tank of another vehicle in your inventory. It is safe there.

I doubt you'll be able to make money from the game or break even. But depositing small amounts like 5 or 10$ now and than will enable you to do some funny things. Or you do a hardcore job and become a trader, standing at auction day in day out for months or years and make micro-profits. I think that's not, what you want. It's a profession like all others. Without skills and without expensive gear. But you would need some basic investments and long-term know-how as well. Statistics and such ;-)

3. No I actually meant Quad, as in Quad-Wing my Slephnir is in perfect condition, I sold my Quad-Wing last time i quit playing along with most of my assets so i could just cash out of the game with the intention of not returning, but for some reason i keep coming back. main thing is i need to find goals that I can achieve in the game.

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I knew what you meant ;) Good luck. It is always a good idea to have a bit of a target in game. I set myself one the other day of trying to get to Atlas Haven during the invasion ;) I failed haha. OK I was trying to do it without armour or anything

5. Well I flew over to Toulan to grind tabtabs, buddy told me he's been profiting slowly off them so I figure why not, I dipped by Cyrene and ark on the way to snag the holidays goodies. We shall see how that goes.

6. i think it'd be best if you posted some basic stuff about your avatar..

I.e. health/evade/fap levels, any armor you own, PED budget, playstyle preference (i.e. hunt for markup or hunt for skills), what you want to do i.e mine/craft/hunt, etc etc. Try to give as much info as you can so people can give you better assistance :)

7. I think he might have left again as he said he always does, he'll be back in a year or so :bigsmile: :tiphat:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.