MindArk: "Spread the word"

Discussion in 'MindArk' started by NotAdmin, Nov 25, 2011.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Posted by Bjorn from MindArk:

The MindArk marketing crew are in need of some high-quality screenshots for upcoming promotions, including a very exciting Entropia Universe Facebook app. Nobody knows Entropia better than the players, so get your cameras unpacked and start shooting!

We are looking for screenshots that capture the beauty, energy and uniqueness of Entropia Universe. The contest is divided into five categories, each with its own theme.

Categories
    Landscape
    Space
    Social
    Economy
    Action!

Prizes
    The winner in each category will receive one Adjusted Isis LR32 (L) [full TT value].

Rules
    > Screenshots must be submitted no later than December 8, 2011.
    > Screenshots must be uploaded to the Entropia Forum gallery, in the screenshot contest category. Link
    > Participants may submit as many screenshots as desired, in any or all of the contest categories.
    > Limit one prize per participant.
    > Screenshots should have the user interface and shortcut keys hidden.
    > Minimum image resolution - 1280x800 (1680x1050 or larger preferred).
    > A committee of MindArk staff will act as judges for the contest and choose the winning screenshots.

Important Note!!
    By participating in this contest and submitting images, you agree that MindArk may use any or all of your submitted images for promotional and marketing purposes, at its own discretion.

2. Tass

Tass Administrator

As long as this bullshit continues I will not stop mentioning that it is utterly disrespectful and plain dumb to solely support the anti-community orientated purely commercial outdated feature-poor forums owned by 711.

And with rules like that even (and once again) fuck official planet partner forums whose members might be interested in participating too.

Public relations: 0 points, community work: 0 points, professionality: 0 points.

• Like Like x 2
  3. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

So can we add images form Arkadia as well?? and what if I am not a member of EF??
    I agree with Tass, again a fail for MA

4. Bizarrick

Bizarrick Otherwise Engaged

I agree with Tass. But this is also disrespectful to contestants as well.
    C'mon! A limited item?! I don't have a use for such crap. They are supposed to reward me with an item that will ensure I will keep spending PEDs? I remember they gave us some clothing for helping them translate, you can at least wear them in moderation.

I'm still participating but only for the bragging rights. :-P

5. Skippie

Skippie Protassic Park

Well the contest is a Mindark sponsored event run on a Mindark run forum. I am sure that if other planet partners wished to do such a contest, nothing would stop them. If you don't want to participate in it, or work via the rules of the Mindark sponsored contest, then don't.

6. Tass

Tass Administrator

Well, they might have good reasons... so I just asked over on PCF:

Would you mind explaining why MindArk does host an all-universe competition solely on a privately owned non-community orientated outdated purely commercial forum? And by that way fuck the members of official planet partners forums (and at the same time the planet partners) who might be interested in participating too as well as fuck other forums whose staff might spend a couple of hours each day on 'spreading the word'?

Would you further mind explaining why MindArk does make such all-universe relevant information solely available on a privately owned non-community orientated outdated purely commercial forums? And not on official planet partner forums, official planet websites or the official Entropia Universe website, or in an RSS Feed for everyone to grab?

Thanks!

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?219573-“Spread-the-Word”-Screenshot-Contest&p=2845148&viewfull=1#post2845148

Sidenote: I did send a nice message regarding such matters to MA's PR 'department' a couple of months ago, I did send a pm regarding such matters to Bjorn|MA on PFC a couple of weeks ago. No replies.

Disclaimer: All of my posts containing one or more of the terms "MindArk, EF, PCF, 711" solely represent my very personal opinion.

7. Tass

Tass Administrator

Does that mean MindArk bought EF from 711?

If so they should hire the EP crew to turn it into something... useful... ;)

8. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Yes it's typical bullshit from MindArk.

I propose the following solution.

Everyone who does not want to go to Entropia Forum post their pics here on this forum.
    I'll make an account on Entropia Forum. Post all entries here on the forum as per competition rules. After competition is over i delete my account on Entropia Forum. Not sure if they'll give prize to me or the actual person whose entry it is. If they give the prize to me I'll give it to the rightfull owner.

9. RAZER

lol make an account named EntropiaPlanets :)

10. Tass

Tass Administrator

Good idea! For the absolutely improbable case I win we'll have an all planets all forums competition with the Adj LR32 (L) as a prize, announced on all forums and accepting contribution on all forums!

11. Bizarrick

Bizarrick Otherwise Engaged

In that absolutely improbable case I'll help with translation (French & Spanish). I find that non-English speaking communities are underrepresented in this European game.

12. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

Your post got deleted already..

13. Tass

Tass Administrator

Great. What else would one expect. Unpleasents question in private get ingnored, unpleasent questions in public get deleted.

Well... there we go:

Almost 100.000 views, too bad.

Not 1 single bit contribution anymore to a purely commercial project whose owner doesn't give shit about anything community.

14. Tass

Tass Administrator

Thank you again Bjorn|MA for solely enabling members of 1 privately owned NOT all universe forum to participate in an official ALL universe competition and keeping all the info about it on solely that and another privately owned forum dedicated to MA's own planet.

From an aesthetic point of view I would consider 1, maybe max 2 of those winning images suitable for professional marketing campaign. However, professionalism generally seems not to be something in MA's focus.

Keep up the good work...

15. RAZER

yep Landscape and Space might be suitable for a campaign, the others are just like the screenshots I have 100's of in my folder of screenshots.

16. Tass

Tass Administrator

Professionals would say that composition of the space image sucks for various reasons.

Just one: Movement from top-right to bottom-left is rather perceived as being "backwards", "falling", the other way round its rather perceived as "forward", "rising".

• Like Like x 1
  17. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

If I was using it I could alter composition easily enough. The picture itself has many good points and overall a very good pic.

18. Tass

Tass Administrator

For winning a screenshot competition it's ok, for a professional marketing campaign it isn't.

If you want to promote EU you can hardly get around the space aspects. Since spacehips and planets seem to be the only interesting objects in space showing an image with spaceships and planets must be seen as a logical step. That given the presented imagery sucks and has deficiencies that you can hardly alter. Fx, foreground-middleground-background relations, fx framing, you won't be able to edit display detail without running into problems with the ratio and/or the dimensions.

However, I actualy want to refrain from an elaborated criticism.

My suggestion would be: Screenshot and other competitions more often and enabling all community sites to participate, and for marketing campaigns hiring professionals.

19. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

hehe you haven't seen other entries they may have been **** !

Suggestions are good :thumbup:
    but when it comes to MA your better of talking to a dead donkey ;)

20. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I think you should increase the font size of your signature ... the quote is awesome! :thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.