Suggestion: Selective Download Option

Discussion in 'Technical, security and bug reports' started by Kay Jones, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Kay Jones

Kay Jones who?

my entropia folder is over 11gb with three planets and it is going to grow quite a bit with 5 announced (not counting crd) and who knows how many more to come, making it the 2nd largest folder after almost 50gb of steam.
    it may seem small in comparison but the important thing is: I can reduce steam to 1gb+X by uninstalling any game I dont care having at any given moment.

so I suggest adding an option to the client loader to chose the planets whose content the player wishes to download (or delete). all, if one is up for some travel, or just one if one does not care to go anywhere at all. the only things that everyone needs to have are items since they can be brought to any planet.

advantages for players:
    - save hd space
    - save bandwidth if that's an issue
    - no bugs from content releases of other planets (if that's a possible issue, no idea)

advantages for ma:
    - not all customers are bound to have bugs if one planets content is buggy
    - customers dont complain about having to buy a larger harddrive

-and the killer argument: save petabytes of bandwidth :thumbup:

you're free to give me part of the savings too :evil:

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

like the idea should not be to hard since they have the specific contend for the planets already (forgot the actual name they use for it).
    Just a list with tick boxes in the options menu and we are all set. Got 1.5 GB today for a planet I am not planning to go and I guess about 3 GB for RT which I will not go to again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.