Teleporter Fees on the way, says President of the Virtual Reality...

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by McCormick, Apr 27, 2016.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

2. The actual joke is the site beeing registered via godaddy...

Sad that PPl dont do some research before posting their "opinion".
    Or have you talked to a Ark forum admin ?

Monria is not a PP.
    NI is dead.
    Toulan wouldnt even know.
    Cyrene doesnt care.
    RT lol.
    Whooops, Arkadia !

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Having president in game is maybe new MA method to change things and to avoid to be blamed for it.
    One of the biggest nerf ever happened in time when MA had own forum on their own site where MA announced it .
    Marco post with thread title that sounded like (I don't remember exact words) "I'm just curious" in witch he discussed that MA could or maybe not change healing tools efficiency.
    I opposed and many others too but didn't help and after about 6 months from Marco's thread we got the nerf.
    Its that healing tool heal 75% less when running. you can thing on those who paid for mod fap and suddenly get 40 HP instead 160 HP per click.
    We did know exactly who did it and who to blame or hate or whatever.
    MA learned the lesion.
    I think that MA found a way to avoid and redirect players bad feeling on Planet Partners first because from time we have other planets nobody is responsible for anything.
    Ma simply declare that is on PP to do the job and PP say is MA who decide, we wait that MA job is done , MA decide if event item drop and its frequency, MA decide loot etc.
    So MA have to give new target witch players will address and blame.
    If President represent our own will as authorized with our votes in some kind of future valid democratic elections, we will not be inclined to blame MA but President and even there we end to blame ourselfs as we authorized him with our votes.
    Isnt that cool, MA can do anything and nobody is guilty.

4. Yep, got to agree that the new Pres is indeed a lesion.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Gold cards ARE (L) ;) mine does error whatsisnumber half the time.

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Give me access to the code and I'll fix the bugs for free. Doesn't matter if I know nothing of CE2 code. I'll learn. Now THAT would be a world first and worthy of a press release. MindArk become the first company to enlist player development support in struggling MMO.

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

8. You trained me well, I posted that the day of his post of the site. I even contacted David CEO of Mindark to see if he knew about it since it's registered under his name. Funny thing is, I warned people on PCF that this was a scam since the FAQ said you needed to pay 1,000$ plus give full information about your account including your PASSPORT!?!

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...ess-release)&p=3434083&viewfull=1#post3434083

You can as well look at this as Ted Neverdie Cruz having a little fun and post that as humor.

9. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

So. How is all this a McCormick joke?

You made that statement. I would hope there's some form of proof you have to offer to back that up.

10. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

No MMO would ever do this. It'd allow players to spot loopholes, or weaknesses.

In the case of MA, and this being an RCE, that'd be disastrous. And that is not taking into account that the MA source code is a fucking mess. There are and have been MA people writing C++ code, who probably never even learnt even the most basic concepts of programming. Like Balancing Manager guy. (Disclaimer, I checked a fuckload of MA LinkedIn profiles back in the days, and there were a ton of them who apparently were coding, but never had any education in coding. I code myself, but at least I recognize I'm not a professional developer, and have qualified people review my code). MA also doesn't seem to have a database person. Which, as a database person, strikes me as odd to say the very least.

Then there's recurring bugs, general totally weird bugs, etc.

If MA ever published their source code, they'd be the laughing stock of the MMO community (more so than they already are), and I would highly recommend anyone who considers partnering with MA to demand a third party source code review. Trust me. You'll be happy you did ;)

11. I would have to disagree that no MMO would do this. A non RCE MMO could actually benifit from open source development and bug fixes. Of course guided by a company.
    There would a be a huge community that just fixes bugs and introduces new features and mods and stuff.
    In fact, in an already good game concept, this could be the next big thing. Imagine a game where you can write mods, improvements and bug fixes; and they can be approved and uploaded for all. That would be the C back into Cult

12. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

OK...

To play devils advocate here, you seem very sure of this code mess. Is this because you have seen some or heard first hand from someone who has? While I take your point about the qualifications of employees of the past this only indicates a likelyhood of bad practices not a certainty. OK there IS a lot of observable evidence I know... if I started talking about all the "confused me sideways as to how it was even possible" bugs I've seen over the years this would be a very long post. There is anecdotal evidence too e.g. Skam's "we lost a code" so no more umbranoids for instance and I seem to remember a rumour that no one actually knew how the loot system worked, it just did and everything continued to use it like a black box. I may have imagined that one though!

I was in touch with someone who worked on Entropia a while back. Not sure if they did much programming but I guess I could ask them about this. Might not get any info though.

On the code community bug fixing/dev front. I guess I wasn't thinking of a general release, more that interested parties could get in touch and help on a case by case basis. Depending on success, it could be more in time as resources/time allows.

On the subject of code release... I think it is a double edged sword. On the one hand, having the code out there for people to find security flaws in would be a good thing as then they could be patched. The flip side is that people might just exploit them. On the other hand, the bugs might (likely are) be being exploited as things stand already... but noone else knows about them.... Heck even when people DO report bugs, MA do (from my experience) need a bit of "Hellooooo is anyone there? This is important, can you listen please?" before anyone realises someone is actually trying to do them a favour.

Wistrel

13. @NotAdmin
    Lol i remember an developer who posted on old entropiaforum that his first job at MA was to put postage stamps on mail.
    It was posted in time when something bad happened to member of his family, I think it was his dad who for first time fell from the chair for short period.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  14. @NotAdmin
    I always felt that RCE part of PE was professional made, bug free etc as its essential.
    But for other coding it seemed real mess.
    In first years skill description and explanation was part of many Q&A (as they were bad and sometimes with no sense) where Marco sucesfuly dodged all questions about.
    Once he said that meaning, description and explanation for skills and their effect were "hard coded" so cant be easily read and will need to wait for coders to reveal it.
    I uderstood it as that nobody at MA know how exactly it work because so many progarmers worked on small parts and then leaved MA and someone new contioned to dewelop it further and that nobody of developers read code documentation and maybe nobody even wirite esential documentation.
    Lol im bad. But it took years before they revaled any thing and improved skill descriptions, players were usualy faster in that.

15. When I asked A-Team about this they thought it was just a joke that McCormick made up. But yes I showed them the link telling them that this was from MA and not McCormick's Photoshop work and since that time have not heard a word.

BTW I'm not putting McCormick down here, I am compliment him. :)

Last edited: May 10, 2016
    • Hussked Hussked x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Sionkiewicz

Sionkiewicz One of those Americans

So what you are saying is that even the A-Team had not heard anything about this before our dear Neverdie decided to put out a press release to the world. Guess we won't be able to call him the great communicator..

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. A team didn't know and neither did at least one other pp according to the forums... (guessing no other pp knew except RT and Calypso?, yet again...) Kinda reminds me of the ancient days when RT first came in to being and no other PPs existed yet.

18. Sionkiewicz

Sionkiewicz One of those Americans

That seems fucked up. You would think that if MA was wanting to do this that all the PP would know about it. :handjob:

19. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I have never seen their code, no.I base my statement on evidence, more than anything. Remember bugs were fixed only to come back the next VU after? And yes, all the random weird shit happening all the time to me sure makes it seem as if the code is spaghetti, that is not properly maintained, or possibly even understood by those who work on it.

The majority of employees in MA are not coders, and those people somehow have taken it onto themselves to port their old code into a new engine at some point. Most likely without ever considering refactoring, for the fear something might permanently break.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

You still assume that the word partner actually means anything to MA?

• Hussked Hussked x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.