Teleporter Fees on the way, says President of the Virtual Reality...

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by McCormick, Apr 27, 2016.

1. And there are still people on the other forum, worshipping this man and his scammy bullshit.
    The article is filled with lies and bullshit³.

Probably the worshippers didnt even fully read the article or just understood the standard:
    "Now everything will get better..." bullshit. Just like in the real world.

Ignorance and blindness at its finest again. Even on oldtimers.

The rest is pure hate. x'D

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-17-face-to-face-with-the-president-of-virtual-reality

face to face interview president.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. For those interested the obvious and soon-to-be-sought-after avatar name “NeverTeleport” is available as a domain name in either NeverTeleport.com or Never-Teleport.com or even Never-Teleport.me

3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Wow.

[
    Source: https://www.mindark.com/press/press-releases/VR-President-Final-Final-Approved.pdf

And people wonder why I have issues trusting MindArk. As for ND, nobody in EU asked for this. Why on earth would he be surprised about the reaction of the users? This was nothing more but yet another failed way for MA to get their name into the press, while they could have focussed on fixing some of the fucking bugs that have plagues Failtropia for years. Nobody asked for a president. Nobody asked for "jobs". And "talking a bunch of shit" didn't help.

This piece in the article was interesting, though:

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I was fine with him being president. He's basically Zaphod Beeblebrox incarnate so perfect for it. To quote hitchhikers, "the job of the president is not to wield power but to distract away from it".

I think it would have been better though if the president thing was decided by a vote style event in game. Not this "pay for it" milarki with only Mr Beeblebrox hoopy enough to want to stump the cash.

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I've just read the article. I think it's good and the honesty is abundant which is a good thing. The president thing was summed up more or less as I'd have expected. We all suspected that there wasn't much of the original MA crew/dreamers and indeed the the Dragon game seems like a POC and there was a lot of interesting stuff around how they plan to use the cross platform avatar idea which, to be honest, sounds a nicer idea than what MA thought of.

He is also right, he needs to get some wider proof of concept going on by getting a few things out there using the platform. Get down and dirty and make some more stuff.

I know there are haters, but I wish I was as motivated as Mr Beeblebrox.

Wistrel

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes, the stupid President idea was all ND's idea and MA was just going along with it.

Edit:

Ok before all get on me about this, I did contact MA over it since I thought it would be kind of funny to have OpaloMan as President. But MA told me it wasn't real and that ND had this great idea which he wouldn't let go so MA just sat back and laughed -- as we all did.

Edited two: Oh yes, OMG MA didn't take my money? But damn it was a scam? lol

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018

7. To me this isnt just about hate anymore, even if I drastically changed the style of words in my posts about this scammer.

ND will continue with his megalomaniac ideas, no matter if only 3 people are left that will still worship him.

I read between the lines of this presidentail article. No question, he never was bad at PR-gags, never,
    but we (all) have come to the point, where a simple "Hey, at least hes trying" isnt enough anymore.

Many adapted to his words, just like they adapted to MindArk words. Again and again and again.

Sure, everyone struggles to survive, but at what price ? Thank god MindArk is not trying to kill us with every update...

8. San

San

There is a universe of nuances between worship and seething hatred. It's the same with Trump and some other figures. Those on the negative side can't stand anyone expressing any views in between, balanced or even indifferent, wait-and-see-like, more interested in projects than persons. If you're not howling the same tune, you must be a worshipper. If you're not the enemy of my enemy, you must be their friend. That's the problem here and I always think why is this necessary, people are more intelligent than that. Maybe I'm wrong there.

9. Neverdie was entertaining and a well known guy inside of "Project Entropia".
    It was more then just a hype back in the days.

In todays world he trys to stay alive (famous) via PR-gags, lies and scams. Just like MindArk.
    And with MindArk he even has the wrong partner.

Thats the real difference. Its as simple as that.

He was always friendly and polite though.

You arent that wrong, it does indeed feel like the reallife alot. Lies and scams.
    Thats not why I choosed to join a virtual world.

And all this "Ill fight for you guys and your VR rights" while just keep scamming its own playerbase ? (MA & ND)
    Come on...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.