Tell me more

Discussion in 'Planet Cyrene' started by Softhart, Oct 13, 2011.

1. So I am looking at the Wiki and saw the pictures for the City of Janus. Nice city, but can you enter the buildings 0r is it all for show. If you can enter, is there content inside or just empty rooms?

Other areas look cool too, but that is just concept art and usually when live looks completely different.

And of course the mobs are just fascinating!

But a couple questions, how are you going to draw in the players that don't want to have to spend a fortune playing this game? Are there any other activities for those who have limited funds? Have activities geared towards new players besides fruit, stone, and dung picking?

2. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Hey Softy ... I have alerted Ed to your thread, and I'm sure that when he has a free moment he will come here to address your questions.

I can tell you that if there is information available to share, then he will certainly do that. :smile (2):

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks, no big hurry :) And if doesn't have to be him if any one else out there can answer it. Or if anyone else wants to add any input on their feelings :)

4. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Ok then here goes nothing :D

Yes you can enter the buildings. Why because they are buildings that's what you do walk inside them :-) Well another reason is creative kingdom is also an architectural company so will endeavour to showcase their building skills. Janus being a major city it'll probably have some apartments and things which we can buy.

On Cyrene there will be purple juice and stone picking. Purple juice will be key to the economy, so much better than orange juice ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. LOL Everyone is a smart ass, maybe they should have that as a skill :)

Oh yeah, I remember reading something about that in Mindstar's article. Or was it a comment I made???? Any how, can we drink it and get drunk and walk into walls, fall on the floor face down, run naked in a field of {insert mob name here}, or any other stupid drunk move?

6. MindStar9

Ah yes, the purple juice ... I can tell you my dear Softy that all those effects you might be hoping for won't happen ... sorry ... and ... it was actually Ed who first mentioned something about purple juice (somewhere :biggrin_1:) , and it will play a key role in the storyline, but exactly what that is will be for you to discover beyond what has already been revealed. :nana:

Also ... I would not advise running around naked in a field of any Cyrene mob, unless that's your method of how you collect your planet pets. :eek (2):

7. Well I can always plant the seed :)

As for the naked part, its a tactic. I run thru the field naked, anyone hunting stops to see what just ran by. In the meantime they are getting killed by the mob they are hunting. I see the white dot and start laughing my ass off. Where is the problem? :cool (2):

Ahh yes, this is where it all began http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/threads/cyrene-june-issue-discussion.5367/#post-34666

And it was fruit tea, not purple juice :)

8. MindStar9

What you don't know can hurt you! :sneaky:

9. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

The concept art for Cyrene is indeed beautiful and I can tell you I use it everywhere I can lol, and I agree those from the cities made might look a bit different in the actual game - because you add an atmosphere to the art, but I'm sure it will be awesome and 'different' anyway.

I absolutely love the mobs on Cyrene myself - the art work again is great, but you also see them in their natural environment in the pictures. My favorite mob so far is the zekkonian - and I wonder if they DO really have villages as we seen it on the art work :)

Zekkonian Roayl - see the hut on the top?

Zekkonian-Royals.png

Zekkonian.png

Doesn't answer your question whether you can walk inside the houses ... but aren't Zekks awesome?? ;)

10. Ed, MS9,

I would suggest talking to Mother Of All Things, MOAT! Ok well maybe MA will do :)

STEAM has very recently released a new genre - http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Free to Play/

FREE TO PLAY games, millions of users would see us on there if we were added ;)

11. Tass

Tass Administrator

Uhm... all the pictures of Janus that we have on the wiki are NOT concept art, they are in-game screenshot!

And the pictures you added that's not concept art either, those are in-game screenshots! Or... am I blind???

Btw, can we have all images released for EntropiaTimes on the wiki?

12. Lykke TheNun

No, you're not blind :)

And I can ask Ed if that's ok to have them in the Wiki as well.

yes, we can use the pictures :) Will get them up this weekend ^^

13. Hello Softhart and thanks for the great questions.

First, in Janus some building are to be used and other are for decoration. Janus being the Major City on Cyrene for now has: Shops, Apartments, and areas for specific missions etc. As time goes by more will be unlocked to the Players so they can proceed with in game missions. Much like real life though, the inhabitants trust must be earned before they open their doors.

As for the Concept to reality, yes there will be differences but i will try and share more where I can to show more of whats in game.

Lastly, I can say we do have plans to draw and keep players in game. We know keeping Players in game is important for many reasons and we will have a great mix of options to make sure the Players have fun with low cost. It's been a major priority for us but it's also a trade secret for now. So until we launch we will have to hold on to that one (I hope can can understand why).

This has been a little brief and maybe too vague, but more will be released as time goes by. It will not be to long now if all goes well.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Lykke TheNun

Cool update, Ed :) Can't wait to see what the missions are all about. It sounds really neat that you have to earn trust etc. Looking forward to be hearing (seeing) more about this!

15. First off, thanks for taking the time to acknowledge and answering the questions as much as your allowed too. :clap:

Is it possible to give a percentage of what buildings are interactive and whats just there for show? For me I like exploring things, I hate when you go into a town and aren't allowed to explore the buildings that are around. Also right now I have an issue with not being able to sit on furniture that is placed in the buildings of certain planets. Will your planet have the option to interact with furniture/seating?

Its good to hear you have several options for players to have fun at low cost. But I have to admit I may be a bit skeptical. Being with EU you hear one thing and then something else happens.

I can understand why some things need to be held secret, I hope you can understand my skepticism :) I also understand its not fair to judge your planet based on what I have seen with others. But basically I would assume MA makes the final decisions, correct? Does MA dictate what you can do and or say?

I don't want to come off as being difficult, but I don't like the words: soon, wont take long. Those words coming from a Man could mean 1-5 years! :bigsmile: Could you narrow it down to say within 6 months, a year ... ?

16. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

This just gets better and better!!! :biggrin:

17. Lykke TheNun

What did you do now ... :cautious:

18. LOL why you assume I did something? Just waiting on a reply :)

19. Lykke TheNun

Was the look on your face :D

Ed is a very busy guy at this moment, having a whole planet to set up :D I'm sure he will reply when he gets a spare moment to do so :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.