Terrain Design Update

Discussion in 'PostModerna' started by Flapman, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Here are a couple of the latest shots of the terrain design in Multiverse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A lot was done in tweaking the textures and polishing the base terrain using L3DT and the newest beta version of Multiverse's Terrain Editor. That new version was pretty helpful. I know it doesn't look like what we see in Entropia with CryEngine2 but it is amazing what you can do with textures. :)

If I can walk the avatar all the way to Crystal Canyon (very long walk) I will take a shot of the entrance.

2. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

It looks very nice, Flapman :)

When you say shot, you mean you will make a movie? That would be cool!!!

3. I may be jumping the gun here, but will there be horsebackriding? Would be kewl tho. And you wont have to walk so damn far LOL
    Archery?
    Farming?

4. Hiya Shin,

Actually in the Quest Plan for the Base Camp, there will be farming-related tasks. Reason for this is if you we put on a brand new planet, how would you survive? WalMart would not make house calls and would not build a store right away. :)

As far as horses, not sure. I just know I hate walking too. I can tell you, the Base Camp Zone map is 8km square. Pretty big when you try to walk it.

Flap

5. Hiya Lykke,

You are correct (down the road) but for now a shot is a screenie. :)

6. narfi

narfi Lost

7. Thanks Narfi,

Challenge is this key statement:

Becoming a Planet Partner
    The Basics

Mindark offers its license-free Entropia Universe Planet Development Kit (EUPDK) to select organizations wishing to create their own planets within Entropia Universe completely free of charge. The revenue generated on the Partner Planet is shared between Mindark and the planet Partner.
    The Planet Partner is responsible for creation of the Graphical Content, the Operation and Marketing of the Partner Planet. Upon formal agreement to a Planet Partner Agreement, the latest EUPDK is provided to the Planet Partner as well as access to EUPDK development documentation, manuals, specifications and a direct feedback bulletin board.

What a lot of people have not grasped yet is that there is good support for this but you have to have a bound contract with Mindark first. :) That comes only after you show being fully funded and having a concept and business plan that Mindark agrees with.

So, needless to say, we keep plugging along in the fashion we are to develop something outside of a contract. :)

Thanks for your support and for following our project. It means a lot.

Flap

8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

So MA is offering "direct feedback bulletin boards" to their partners, but do not have one themselves? :headscratch:

9. I think it is very closed and secure. Not just any Tom, Dick and Harry can log in I suspect.

10. That is not surprising since you would want to have a support channel to develop your world.

Flap

11. Yeah, it makes sense. Altho I suggest you look into the virtual horses thingy tho, Inuque for that world and quite fitting too. Crafters could make different types of saddles ;)

Horses couls also pull plows whilst farming. you know those popular red and yellow virtual flowers gamers love using? Could be a farmeable intergalactic commodity.

12. Good ideas Shin,

I will make sure not to forget that. I posted the idea in our store on the dev forums.
    (http://devforum.planet-postmoderna.com/index.php?topic=311.0)

Flap

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.