Test blog and hello to all Entropians from Viper

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Viperstrike, May 30, 2011.

1. Please go easy on me, this is my first blog :)

I thought I would test out the features of blogging.

A big hello to all Entropians, I hope our paths cross one day in the future.

Good luck on your adventures.

In the future I will blog my goals and achievements as I achieve them.

See you all in the future.
    Viper

2. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

hello hello :) Please write some more :P

Good luck out there!

3. Hiya Lykke and hello Peter hard at work in the corner :)

I am really new to blogging and not sure what I should write about tbh.
    I guess anything will do hey, hmm lets see.

A bit about me to start with.

I will be turning 35yrs old Nov.
    I was recently retired from my job with the Australian government on medical grounds.
    That being of chronic diabetes which I was diagnosed with in late 2009.

Now I look after an elderly family member so once again employed by the government as a carer.
    There is a big difference in pay though :(
    165k a year vs 25k a year + medical retirement funds of 35k a year which is taxed heavily since I receive two incomes.
    My career job was working as a broadband implementation project manager and IP communications systems analyst for the government.

I come from a family of seven kids, I am the 6th in line with 3 older sisters, 2 older brothers and 1 younger brother.
    Then there are all the half sisters and brothers they are married to lol, so yes I have a big family.
    I myself am single, I almost married once but I got cold feet :) I like being single tbh ;) It seems to work well for me to just have good friends.
    I am lucky to not have any kids, little terrors ... just kidding, I love kids, but I do not have any ... well none that I know of anyway :D

Ok, that is work and family, what is next ....

4. A little more about me ...
    I live in country NSW, quite a lovely quiet place to live. I own my own home, it set me back 175k and I built an extension on the back which cost me another 45k to house my younger brother who I also look after, after the financial crisis hit him hard and he came out the other end with nothing except a debt which is slowly being paid off. I own my own car which will need replacing soon since it is starting to get to that age, however I have decided to wait until such time that she dies on me before buying a new one. I think she has another 2-3 good years in her before she conks out on me.
    I myself own everything I have and am debt free which I feel really good about and really lucky, if not blessed to have at my age.
    I see many of my friends highly stressed, upset or just not happy with the circumstances they are in with debt hanging around their necks to pay off over the next 10 to 20 years. It is a bit sad but I know what they are going through. I worked really hard to get to where I am now. It isn't much, but I am happy and at peace over what I have :)

5. RCE games .... Well I have played both Entropia and Afterworld for a period of almost 3 years each. I must say I love RCE games, they are much more of a challenge than any other game out there. I played Entropia starting in 2007 pre-VU10 mostly and tried a bit of post-VU10 but left shortly after, I felt lost with all that had changed. So I closed my old account and withdrew all to buy some new household goods and new PC.

6. Afterworld ... I recently left Afterworld, of which I was well known for playing. I was part of a great society there called pleasure and power headed up by Vista, a legendary guy imho. It was sad to leave ... but I decided that Entropia was more me, I have a lot of time on my hands now, a decade or longer, depending how long I live I guess .... maybe 2 or 3 decades lol, so I have decided to come back to Entropia and concentrate on the one game only.
    Lykke knows who I was in Afterworld, she did a lovely writeup on me which can be found here: http://www.afterworldforum.com/foru...presents-viperstrike-a-man-with-a-vision.519/

7. Entropia ... Well not sure what to say just yet, I am loving my return. I know it will be a slow journey to level up again and invest into some long term goals. I aspire to open a few shops in a central location such as a mall offering limited gear from the various crafting professions; however I can not see this occuring until sometime after my 5th year here in Entropia as achieving this goal is a long and slow journey when your working to a budget. I have decided to deposit $ 1000 a month which I will slowly use to achieve this goal over the long term ... skilling up initially using TT weapons and a CB5 I bought to 3 - 5k in tech skills and then in engineering, electronic/mechanical/metal components making simple plastic components. After this has been levelled a little I intend to make my own basic weapons to skill with as funds allow and progress that way, skilling from the bottom up.

8. Well that is it for now, I will write more later. I enjoy hunting & mining in Entropia and ofc crafting when I have funds to do so, so you will hear more from me in the months/years to come ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.